Dislikes Dislikes:  0

View Poll Results: How do we improve the atmosphere at Easter Road?

Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll
  • We don't need to do anything, it's fine as it is

    5 5.88%
  • People just need to sing a bit more, take personal responsibility for the atmosphere

    35 41.18%
  • Move the drum back to the top of the East Stand

    9 10.59%
  • Create a singing/standing section in the Famous Five Lower starting next season

    31 36.47%
  • Other suggestion

    2 2.35%
  • He's wrong

    3 3.53%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 68

Thread: Lennon wants home games supports to be as supportive as away ones...

  1. #1
    Administrator


    SKII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Right here, right now
    Posts
    15,743
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4569 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    2755

    Lennon wants home games supports to be as supportive as away ones...

    Neil Lennon: Hibs fans are too quiet - The Scotsman

    He knows (and I suspect he is correct) that some folk won't be happy at him saying this but I reckon he isn't far wrong. All of the away games this year have been better atmospheres than any of the home ones. Even down in pishy wet Dumfries when things really weren't pretty...the support helped the team over the line to a draw with 10 men. I commented yesterday early in the first half that the place was totally flat. All momentum almost went for a bit.

    Is he right?
    Hibs are standing on the brink of history...

  2. #2
    Radge Private Member
    Uncy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Wakefield
    Posts
    948
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    325 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    143
    I think he is, but equally I dont think its a problem solely for Hibs. Crowds everywhere are nowadays recative rather than proactive and it needs some spark from the pitch to get things going a bit. What I do think is solely a problem for Hibs is that there are around 5000 "new" fans in the ground, no real area where the more vocal support can congregate (cant think of another ground where this is high up in a corner adjacent to 3000 empty seats) and no away fans as such to encourage a bit of back and forth.

    It's also difficult to get motivated when you're playing the likes of Dumbarton for the third year running. Bramall Lane has alos morphed into something of a Library as we welcome Port Vale and Oldham for the sixth year running.

    I'm sure the atmos will pick up as and when the stakes get higher and we start to play with a bit more of a swagger, but until then it is what it is.

  3. #3
    Radge Private Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    South London
    Posts
    250
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    102 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    131

    Atmosphere debate

    Seen this picking up a bit on Facebook/.net in reaction to Lennon's comments about the atmosphere at Easter Road yesterday. These are the quotes:

    “I don’t want to alienate myself with the supporters but you go a goal up and it’s very quiet for periods of the game,” “We would just like a bit more atmosphere to gee the players on a bit. The players are doing their bit so some sections of the support could do their bit too. It’s a small issue but we’d just like a bit more noise in our stadium.”

    Couple of questions from this...
    1. Do you agree with the manager? Was the atmosphere noticeably worse yesterday or about the same as usual?
    2. The bigger question (relating to the poll), what should Hibs (both those working at the club and the supporters) do to improve our atmosphere?

  4. #4
    Easy Now Radge



    beefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Stuck between the moon and new york city
    Posts
    13,916
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2012 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1722
    He is right. After we scored the first goal it was almost surreal like how quiet the stadium became. It was rather weird. Picked up in the 2nd half though, think that was down to the fans waking up during half time to clap and cheer on the 91 heroes. We did have a rendition of 'HIBERNIAN...' that even had the West joining in. It was short but at least it happened. And for the first time in yonks I even heard Big Stuart singing his 'Hibernian Lullaby.' I'm in the West now so it was faint but I defo heard him.

    Ist Division fitba sucks though, games are too stop and start with the awful refs blowing their whistles constant, big lulls in games, slow play etc It's hard to get in the swing of things when we are all really just waiting to get out this league and leave it all behind. We need slick, sublime fitba or even just an old fashioned nasty dirty game to get wur dander up nowadays methinks.

  5. #5
    Radge Private Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    South London
    Posts
    250
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    102 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    131
    Whoops, that's the thread I just posted rendered pointless.

  6. #6
    Administrator


    SKII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Right here, right now
    Posts
    15,743
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4569 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    2755
    Quote Originally Posted by London Bouncer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Whoops, that's the thread I just posted rendered pointless.
    Merged. Your poll should still be valid
    Hibs are standing on the brink of history...

  7. #7
    Radge Private Member
    Smurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Suburbia
    Posts
    35,113
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6480 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1846
    I'm in Berlin just now so missed the game yesterday as I've missed a few this season. If we start doing what we've struggled to do in three seasons out of the top league and that's batter teams then the support will make noise. So I think he's wrong. The support is nervous and I think unconvinced....

  8. #8
    Radge Private Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    South London
    Posts
    250
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    102 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm in Berlin just now so missed the game yesterday as I've missed a few this season. If we start doing what we've struggled to do in three seasons out of the top league and that's batter teams then the support will make noise. So I think he's wrong. The support is nervous and I think unconvinced....
    I completely agree with your point that the fans are too on edge at the moment. The only counter argument I'd offer is that if Hibs started steamrolling teams 4/5-0 every week (and I'd have no problem with that happening), would fans not start to get bored in some way and as such be less willing to sing?

    The ideal games for atmosphere at Easter Road are games where Hibs play an evenly-matched side with a decent travelling support. These tend to be tight games with good football + a fast tempo. Obviously, the problem is that in the Championship these sort of matches don't come around too often. That's why in my opinion it's Lennon's job to get us up first and foremost, maybe then we can get a fairer reflection on the atmosphere at Easter Road and think of ways to improve it.

    One thing that is a positive for Hibs is that in Leeann Dempster we have somebody forward-thinking who probably wouldn't be afraid to go for experiments such as safe standing and/or designated singing sections. I genuinely believe that if the fans who want these kind of things get together and show Hibs there's an appetite for it, they'll strongly consider the case for delivering* it.

    *Although since my DVD's still not arrived I've sort of given up hope on Hibs delivering things.

  9. #9
    Radge Private Member





    Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    A stool at the bar
    Posts
    11,083
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4205 Post(s)
    vCash
    1562
    Rep Power
    791
    We always get a bit agitated when a Hibs player is wrongly sent off! We love a bit of injustice!

    Uncy is right about all the new fans not really knowing what to do and probably looking around for something to happen but not joining in when it does.

    Folk relying on a few dozen of whatever the singing section call themselves these days.

    Too many wains and dare I say it ladies at ER in comparison with a young laddie sort of away on the piss day atmosphere away.

    - - - Updated - - -

    More friends and mates from busses sitting together having a carry on.

  10. #10
    Administrator


    SKII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Right here, right now
    Posts
    15,743
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4569 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    2755
    I do think the "new fans" (or returning lapsed fans) have changed the dynamic a little. But there is definitely a mentality change that might be people thinking "right Hibs we're turning up now get on and do something", might be some not really "knowing what to do", but there is undoubtedly a difference with the "Section" not being as vocal as previous seasons (Brondby games aside where they were immense). Maybe winning the Cup has changed mentalities all round, I don't know. Or is it Championship staleness?


    The costs involved in traveling to away games inevitably mean the demographic is influenced by people having disposable income. I'd say the core is made up of middle-aged long-sufferers, a decent number of young 'uns but the mix of genders is pretty much the same as it is at home. I certainly know the folks that are involved in the away ST scheme are skewed towards the 40-50 age group and their families because they get put together every away game and you sit beside the same few hundred people each time. The difference is that you are on someone else's turf, there's a sense of defiance and having gone the extra mile (literally) to back your team. Your more inherently there to have their backs. And want to leave whatever one horse town you're in with the points and bragging rights.

    I think he knows his thoughts will not be universally accepted but we've got a choice...he wouldn't say it unless he felt it could and can influence things on the park. Influence things that might make the difference between automatic promotion or not. Those who were at Ibrox last season will testify that those rancid Orcs made our team and us feel completely unwelcome. I'm not condoning their extreme behaviours but there is no doubt it played a part in them winning the second game at Mordor. If we could create a little of that intimidation against the likes of Falkirk (next home game) and United...well, we might just be involved in getting our team crucial 3 points that might otherwise slip away...and I can't face a third season of play offs (in the promotion sense).
    Hibs are standing on the brink of history...

  11. #11
    Mustang Loving Radge
    SuperTortolano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Land of the Free, Home of the Brave
    Posts
    3,619
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1465 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    395
    Voted.

  12. #12
    Radge Private Member
    Robert Barone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Abbeyhill
    Posts
    2,100
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    156 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    274
    To be honest I'm struggling to ever remember a game against St Mirren at ER when there's been a bit of noise..it's the same at most games against opponents who bring a few hundred. Can it improve...definitely...moving the singing section to the bottom of the East hasn't really worked..I can hardly hear them in The West. Are the same numbers of youngsters in the teenage to say 21 bracket going to games?? It doesn't seem so..certainly not in groups as used to happen when it was standing anyway. That will have some baring on the noise and atmosphere generated.

    I've seen a lot of discussion today elsewhere about making the bottom tier of the FF a standing area..on the face of it an interesting idea but I doubt the current season ticket holders there would see it the same way. It's probably a wasps nest the Board doesn't want to stir up.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  13. #13
    Radge Monthly Contributor

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Scottish borders
    Posts
    825
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    373 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    114
    The only time I ever make a noticeable noise at a game is when Hibs score or come close to scoring. The rest of the time I mutter under my breath.

    I don't really do the singing thing. Maybe I am guilty as charged but I won't change and I don't consider myself any less passionate about Hibs than the singing Hibee.

    Have to say I love a great atmosphere though , 2nd half at Dunfermline was excellent. Hats off to the fans that generate said atmosphere, I am afraid I won't ever contribute to this particular cause greatly.

  14. #14
    get off yer bum an sing radge


    Davy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    8,098
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2196 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    540
    For a lont time the singing has always ever came from a small section, even before the current "singing section", other than for big games. There is no quick answer, but I'll put up a few things to ponder///none is meant to blame any sector, rather offer up discussion.

    20k stadium, up until this season not enough fans to create a lot of noise at smaller games, and as has been said 200 away fans does not really help crank up the noise. (Begs the question why some people wanna do away with both rangers, celtic and hearts...atmosphere would be shocking unless all teams fans revitalised because of their absence.

    The singing section split and moved from the back. I am still closer to the back and dont particularly enjoy watching from touchline level, but fewer people join in now as they seem to far from singing section and only random bursts.

    People seem to think all the singing/atmosphere should come down to the designated singing section...it doesnt.

    Too many families who do not want to stand/sing seem to end up in sec 43. Don't know why? The ticket office and particularly online sales would do well to point out people will likely be standing there and not great for people who want to sit or small kids. (sick of getting dirty looks from people)

    On that last note...bring back a designated standing area.

    No one particularly likes the continental way of having individuals "lead the choir", however it does seem to work abroad and could be worth considering.


    If you want to take part in the atmosphere, and your current seating does not allow for this...then move to somewhere that will.


    Hibs need to score more goals and win regularly.

    Bring back alcohol in grounds...ok contraversial




    Funny though that last year Stubbs was always saying his desire was to see the crowds come out, this year they have and we are still getting complaints from management


    By the way not all away games are a great atmosphere...this year maybe, but last year at Falkirk was a morgue. At least there was an excuse at Morton where there was no roof and pouring rain

    But the real answer lies in people wanting to. Perhaps we need more locally based youth supporters clubs where fans get together over a drink and get to know each other, share ideas in their own communities and come together with the wider fans groups to create a family type atmosphere


    Lennon who is used to the big atmospheres at Celtic would also do well to note that without rangers and Hibs and basic lack of challenge last year, Parkhead was mostly a graveyard

  15. #15
    Doonhamer Radge


    south west hiby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Holywood, south west scotland
    Posts
    1,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    383 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    498
    Had a guy and his wife down from up north tae see the Hibs , after ten minutes he turned tae me and commented the atmosphere was flat.
    It's been an issue for sometime now , personally I'm to auld noo tae sing all game I tend to sit quietly and absorb the game.
    East stand apart from really big games has affected the stadium atmosphere .
    It is difficult tae generate atmosphere against St midden , but I think Lennon has a fair point . I think our next home game against Falkirk will naturally generate a better atmosphere and to be fair we haven't really been entertained by fast flowing entertaining football of late Mr Lennon.
    So if NL does his job I think the support will reciprocate two way street.

  16. #16
    Radge Private Member


    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,183
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    374 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    207
    I think NL has done the right thing and just mentioning this too the press will help make atmosphere a bit better in future

  17. #17
    Donator
    Steve20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Bellevue
    Posts
    2,995
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    282 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    79
    Lennon should concentrate on doing better at his own job than getting at the people who pay money to watch the team. Top of the league yes, but we should be further ahead than 3 points by now. Maybe it's him that needs to be doing more.

  18. #18
    get off yer bum an sing radge


    Davy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    8,098
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2196 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    540
    Quote Originally Posted by south west hiby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Had a guy and his wife down from up north tae see the Hibs , after ten minutes he turned tae me and commented the atmosphere was flat.
    It's been an issue for sometime now , personally I'm to auld noo tae sing all game I tend to sit quietly and absorb the game.
    East stand apart from really big games has affected the stadium atmosphere .
    It is difficult tae generate atmosphere against St midden , but I think Lennon has a fair point . I think our next home game against Falkirk will naturally generate a better atmosphere and to be fair we haven't really been entertained by fast flowing entertaining football of late Mr Lennon.
    So if NL does his job I think the support will reciprocate two way street.
    how old mate I'm 53 and have no plans to be quiet

  19. #19
    Doonhamer Radge


    south west hiby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Holywood, south west scotland
    Posts
    1,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    383 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    498
    Quote Originally Posted by Davy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    how old mate I'm 53 and have no plans to be quiet
    $#@! me naw that auld mate

  20. #20
    Radge Private Member

    Kenny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    7,919
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1924 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    658
    i appreciate every effort made by everyone who tries to get the atmos up but the reality is some folk wont sing and i suspect they like the reserved quieter experience.

    this isn't a new thing remember reading heartfelt many years ago and thinking the same. the guy (name escapes me - hopefully a bouncer as i'd welcome his comment) goes to hibs games with a relatively settled reserved hibs group....starts going to hearts game with a more lively radger group and says its not too bad.

    my thought was he could had the same experience if he's swapped his nice pre match meal and a bottle of pinot for four pints and sing song in the nip (as it was back then)

    ....so ....the match day experience is totally different for different people and some people wont invest for the greater good....nobody can force them.

    now my constructive comment....was at a werder game many moons ago and they had songs that started in one area and involved other areas - one area would sing for a response from the other side of the ground. almost like "can we sing a song for you" amongst their own support but less antagonisitic. God knows how that could be orchestrated here but they must have started over there somehow
    follow the programme archive on twitter: http://twitter.com/hibsbollah

  21. #21
    Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge



    Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Mississippi in the middle of a dry spell
    Posts
    27,851
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6629 Post(s)
    vCash
    5112
    Rep Power
    1982
    Quote Originally Posted by Davy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    how old mate I'm 53 and have no plans to be quiet
    Quote Originally Posted by south west hiby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    $#@! me naw that auld mate
    I'm 60 and I still sing at games SWH. Time to get those tonsils warmed up you young whippersnapper.
    They're gone, not here, forgotten
    The maroon brigade now cry
    The city is now Hibernian
    The team that would not die


    [© Daddy O'Hibee]



    If you don’t know what introspection is, you need to take a long, hard look at yourself

  22. #22
    Radge Private Member





    Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    A stool at the bar
    Posts
    11,083
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4205 Post(s)
    vCash
    1562
    Rep Power
    791
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lennon should concentrate on doing better at his own job than getting at the people who pay money to watch the team. Top of the league yes, but we should be further ahead than 3 points by now. Maybe it's him that needs to be doing more.
    Even if he's right and the supporters are too quiet?

    I'm sure there's loads of us feel the same just that when the manger says it, any clubs manager, there's more notice taken. I don't think anything wrong with what he says.
    Space to let

  23. #23
    Doonhamer Radge


    south west hiby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Holywood, south west scotland
    Posts
    1,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    383 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    498
    Quote Originally Posted by Dub View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm 60 and I still sing at games SWH. Time to get those tonsils warmed up you young whippersnapper.
    Admirable you sing Dub but can you remember the words ? I do sing Dub however due to the fact I have osteoarthritis in both knees when Hibs score it gets a little embarrassing , by the time everyone else is down I'm just getting up my timing sucks.
    Bit like corporal jones in Dads army sort of a thing.

  24. #24
    Radge Private Member


    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,183
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    374 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    207
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    now my constructive comment....was at a werder game many moons ago and they had songs that started in one area and involved other areas - one area would sing for a response from the other side of the ground. almost like "can we sing a song for you" amongst their own support but less antagonisitic. God knows how that could be orchestrated here but they must have started over there somehow
    I remember seeing videos off Celtic fans signing at rugby park end to end and remember thinking at the time that's it's a shame it was them as it actually looked good

  25. #25
    get off yer bum an sing radge


    Davy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    8,098
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2196 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    540
    A question about starting a singing section in the FF lower. Would this be to change where the singing is at the moment or create an additional area? If so there would need to be a lot more people get involved as splitting what we have would not be enough

  26. #26
    Administrator


    SKII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Right here, right now
    Posts
    15,743
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4569 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    2755
    Quote Originally Posted by Davy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A question about starting a singing section in the FF lower. Would this be to change where the singing is at the moment or create an additional area? If so there would need to be a lot more people get involved as splitting what we have would not be enough
    The idea was first floated by Pat Fenlon. He said when he was manager that he had asked the club to encourage a singing section in the Lower FF because the acoustics of the ground mean (whether the Easties realise it or not) you can't hear half of what is going on over there and there is definitely a lag in songs around the ground as a consequence. The one place this is very obvious is when the crowd actually sing to a song coming over the tannoys at the same time (eg SoL after the Gunts game last season) - on those occasions the crowd sing in unison.

    The idea is to move everyone who wants to be in any nominal singing section behind the goals to also counter the wall of noise from the other end when big crowds come along (Gunts, SevCo, Celtc). Again, it's acoustics at play. Fenlon also felt it would create a "down the slope" draw to the FF goal end when we were shooting that way - in the way that other clubs have their singing sections behind a goal everywhere from Mordor to Milan and Liverpool to Dortmund.

    It never came to pass but the idea definitely has merit in it.
    Hibs are standing on the brink of history...

  27. #27
    Justified Radge



    aggie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Montrose Terrace Massive
    Posts
    6,196
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3338 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    2032
    Quote Originally Posted by SKII View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The idea was first floated by Pat Fenlon. He said when he was manager that he had asked the club to encourage a singing section in the Lower FF because the acoustics of the ground mean (whether the Easties realise it or not) you can't hear half of what is going on over there and there is definitely a lag in songs around the ground as a consequence. The one place this is very obvious is when the crowd actually sing to a song coming over the tannoys at the same time (eg SoL after the Gunts game last season) - on those occasions the crowd sing in unison.

    The idea is to move everyone who wants to be in any nominal singing section behind the goals to also counter the wall of noise from the other end when big crowds come along (Gunts, SevCo, Celtc). Again, it's acoustics at play. Fenlon also felt it would create a "down the slope" draw to the FF goal end when we were shooting that way - in the way that other clubs have their singing sections behind a goal everywhere from Mordor to Milan and Liverpool to Dortmund.

    It never came to pass but the idea definitely has merit in it.
    Crystal Palace's behind the goal section is always noticeable on the telly. Having been there in person, can confirm that it really works.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'...

  28. #28
    Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge



    Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Mississippi in the middle of a dry spell
    Posts
    27,851
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6629 Post(s)
    vCash
    5112
    Rep Power
    1982
    Quote Originally Posted by SKII View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The idea was first floated by Pat Fenlon. He said when he was manager that he had asked the club to encourage a singing section in the Lower FF because the acoustics of the ground mean (whether the Easties realise it or not) you can't hear half of what is going on over there and there is definitely a lag in songs around the ground as a consequence. The one place this is very obvious is when the crowd actually sing to a song coming over the tannoys at the same time (eg SoL after the Gunts game last season) - on those occasions the crowd sing in unison.

    The idea is to move everyone who wants to be in any nominal singing section behind the goals to also counter the wall of noise from the other end when big crowds come along (Gunts, SevCo, Celtc). Again, it's acoustics at play. Fenlon also felt it would create a "down the slope" draw to the FF goal end when we were shooting that way - in the way that other clubs have their singing sections behind a goal everywhere from Mordor to Milan and Liverpool to Dortmund.

    It never came to pass but the idea definitely has merit in it.
    I think given what you have said, it would be a good idea to move the singing section to the FF lower if it was possible to accomodate them but you are then behind the goals with a view restricted by the net so perhaps in the lower FF upper would be a better option. I'm all for that. It would also help intimidate [in the nicest sense] the oppo goalie when he is in between the sticks.
    They're gone, not here, forgotten
    The maroon brigade now cry
    The city is now Hibernian
    The team that would not die


    [© Daddy O'Hibee]



    If you don’t know what introspection is, you need to take a long, hard look at yourself

  29. #29
    Radge Private Member





    Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    A stool at the bar
    Posts
    11,083
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4205 Post(s)
    vCash
    1562
    Rep Power
    791
    To be honest about the singing section moving to the FF lower.

    Getting the folk there to move will ruffle a few feathers but that apart ...

    The bigger picture is that being at a football match is not just about being a spectator it's about joining in, being part of the team. Did someone say Hibs 12th Man? lol Playing the game kicking, heading, saving every ball.

    If not we'd be as well going to the pictures!

    That's a mindset thats been lost for those that pine for the old days. Terry the Terrier is now Tarquin the Tame.

    We should have an ultra type squad in the FF and those parents around the stadium need to give up their first born. We all need to let off a bit of steam.

    The rest of us need to support them.

  30. #30
    get off yer bum an sing radge


    Davy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    8,098
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2196 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    540
    Quote Originally Posted by SKII View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The idea was first floated by Pat Fenlon. He said when he was manager that he had asked the club to encourage a singing section in the Lower FF because the acoustics of the ground mean (whether the Easties realise it or not) you can't hear half of what is going on over there and there is definitely a lag in songs around the ground as a consequence. The one place this is very obvious is when the crowd actually sing to a song coming over the tannoys at the same time (eg SoL after the Gunts game last season) - on those occasions the crowd sing in unison.

    The idea is to move everyone who wants to be in any nominal singing section behind the goals to also counter the wall of noise from the other end when big crowds come along (Gunts, SevCo, Celtc). Again, it's acoustics at play. Fenlon also felt it would create a "down the slope" draw to the FF goal end when we were shooting that way - in the way that other clubs have their singing sections behind a goal everywhere from Mordor to Milan and Liverpool to Dortmund.

    It never came to pass but the idea definitely has merit in it.

    Makes sense. Is my least favoured area to be in but if they made it safe standing area then there might be merit in it. Hearts used to use the corner at their ground before the newer stand was built and there was always plenty noise, similarly at Ajax, they use behind the goal. Be better though if people just got a little more excited in general but the authorities do seem to take away just about everything that might add to an occassion. No beer, no smoke bombs, no flags on poles, no standing (well some try to stop it), families in amongst singing sections, half a mile away from away supporters, players not allowed to celebrate next to own fans..etc etc

    - - - Updated - - -

    By the way the poll would have been better allowing for two answers. For example..personal responsibility coupled with a suggestion...drum at rear, ff front etc

  31. #31
    Radge Monthly Contributor

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    177
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    45 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    32
    Celtic fans do it. Hate to admit it, but it sounds good.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  32. #32
    Administrator


    SKII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Right here, right now
    Posts
    15,743
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4569 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    2755
    Quote Originally Posted by Davy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    By the way the poll would have been better allowing for two answers. For example..personal responsibility coupled with a suggestion...drum at rear, ff front etc
    The poll is the London felly's not mine. It was part of two threads merged. Tell him
    Hibs are standing on the brink of history...

  33. #33
    Radge Private Member


    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,183
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    374 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    207
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The bigger picture is that being at a football match is not just about being a spectator it's about joining in, being part of the team. Did someone say Hibs 12th Man? lol Playing the game kicking, heading, saving every ball.
    That to me is exactly it, this season especially we need to be the 12th man and urge us one from the sidelines cause the way some of the refereeing decisions are going this season we are basically lining up against a 12 man opposition team every week

  34. #34
    Radge Private Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    South London
    Posts
    250
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    102 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by Davy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    By the way the poll would have been better allowing for two answers. For example..personal responsibility coupled with a suggestion...drum at rear, ff front etc
    Agreed, my bad.

  35. #35
    Radge Private Member

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    164
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    90 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    179
    The club have responded to our request for a meeting to discuss and something will be set up shortly.

    Our focus will be a permanent move from the front of the East to the FF Lower by next season, with the club actively promoting this section and encouraging the support to back the team vocally and finally exploring costs around rail seating with and fundraising activity to achieve this.

    We see no point in making any temporary moves to the back of the East/middle of the East when the only solution is the FF Lower.

    We of course need to consult and discuss those views with the current set of supporters who are based there - some of which have been based there since the stand was built.

  36. #36
    Radge Donator

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    320
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    165 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    159
    Quote Originally Posted by Since1875Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The club have responded to our request for a meeting to discuss and something will be set up shortly.Our focus will be a permanent move from the front of the East to the FF Lower by next season, with the club actively promoting this section and encouraging the support to back the team vocally and finally exploring costs around rail seating with and fundraising activity to achieve this.We see no point in making any temporary moves to the back of the East/middle of the East when the only solution is the FF Lower.We of course need to consult and discuss those views with the current set of supporters who are based there - some of which have been based there since the stand was built.
    Poor if fans get moved out off thief seat because of this. Safe standing will cost hundreds of thousands, therefore, can't see this happening.Product on park and type of game creates atmosphere. Sadly for many years product on the pitch has been poor.The numbers on Saturday which were standing down the front of s43 was low.Interestingly, QOS and Ayr where there is the option to stand, the seating area sold old. Not the terracing.We've had seats now since 1994 - I think- I believe the demand for terracing has moved on.

  37. #37
    Radge Private Member


    southfieldhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    EH15
    Posts
    10,619
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4384 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1848
    Doubt hundreds of thousands is true. Could even turn a profit if managed correctly.Agree about moving folk against their will though.

  38. #38
    Radge Donator

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    320
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    165 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    159
    Quote Originally Posted by southfieldhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Doubt hundreds of thousands is true. Could even turn a profit if managed correctly.Agree about moving folk against their will though.
    That's what Celtic paid. I was suprised by cost

  39. #39
    Radge Private Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    South London
    Posts
    250
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    102 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenpower View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Poor if fans get moved out off thief seat because of this. Safe standing will cost hundreds of thousands, therefore, can't see this happening.Product on park and type of game creates atmosphere. Sadly for many years product on the pitch has been poor.The numbers on Saturday which were standing down the front of s43 was low.Interestingly, QOS and Ayr where there is the option to stand, the seating area sold out. Not the terracing.We've had seats now since 1994 - I think- I believe the demand for terracing has moved on.
    I'm pretty confident in saying that nobody who is in favour of a singing and/or standing section in the Famous Five Lower wants to just turf out the people who've been sitting there. I would hope the club are able to relocate a family section and keep ticket prices down for those affected.

    Currently, if I'm not mistaken, you need a voucher to stand down at the front of 43. The hope with creating a singing section in a new area of the ground is that it wouldn't be necessary to have these vouchers, as the hassle of getting them clearly puts some people off from going down there and joining them.

    Is the seating area for away fans at Ayr not minimal? And there are only 800 or so available at Palmerston. Either way, not denying that there are lots of people who want to sit at games, but realistically for most matches at Easter Road (ie. all but the derby and vs Old Firm) there are potentially up to 19,000 seats free for home fans - surely 1,800 could be designated for those in the Hibs support who wish to stand and make noise for the team - which the manager himself has asked for.

    Amongst Hibs fans or across Britain/Europe? As much as I dislike them, Celtic have given the fans what they want at their ground and the atmospheres at grounds in Europe with safe standing speak for themselves

  40. #40
    radge grandad radge

    hibbybilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Gilmerting
    Posts
    8,868
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2459 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1298
    AM NO MOVIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


    Think I might nip over to Gorgie Farm and count some Chickens before they've hatched

  41. #41
    I'm a Radge Donator



    Forzahibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Glenrothes
    Posts
    31,220
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3813 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1497
    Quote Originally Posted by London Bouncer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm pretty confident in saying that nobody who is in favour of a singing and/or standing section in the Famous Five Lower wants to just turf out the people who've been sitting there. I would hope the club are able to relocate a family section and keep ticket prices down for those affected.

    Currently, if I'm not mistaken, you need a voucher to stand down at the front of 43. The hope with creating a singing section in a new area of the ground is that it wouldn't be necessary to have these vouchers, as the hassle of getting them clearly puts some people off from going down there and joining them.

    Is the seating area for away fans at Ayr not minimal? And there are only 800 or so available at Palmerston. Either way, not denying that there are lots of people who want to sit at games, but realistically for most matches at Easter Road (ie. all but the derby and vs Old Firm) there are potentially up to 19,000 seats free for home fans - surely 1,800 could be designated for those in the Hibs support who wish to stand and make noise for the team - which the manager himself has asked for.

    Amongst Hibs fans or across Britain/Europe? As much as I dislike them, Celtic have given the fans what they want at their ground and the atmospheres at grounds in Europe with safe standing speak for themselves
    Surely these atmospheres are created in grounds that are more or less full ? A pretty much sold out stadium and good attacking football would create an atmosphere alright

  42. #42
    Administrator


    SKII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Right here, right now
    Posts
    15,743
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4569 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    2755
    Quote Originally Posted by London Bouncer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Is the seating area for away fans at Ayr not minimal? And there are only 800 or so available at Palmerston. Either way, not denying that there are lots of people who want to sit at games, but realistically for most matches at Easter Road (ie. all but the derby and vs Old Firm) there are potentially up to 19,000 seats free for home fans - surely 1,800 could be designated for those in the Hibs support who wish to stand and make noise for the team - which the manager himself has asked for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenpower View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Poor if fans get moved out off thief seat because of this. Safe standing will cost hundreds of thousands, therefore, can't see this happening.Product on park and type of game creates atmosphere. Sadly for many years product on the pitch has been poor.The numbers on Saturday which were standing down the front of s43 was low.Interestingly, QOS and Ayr where there is the option to stand, the seating area sold old. Not the terracing.We've had seats now since 1994 - I think- I believe the demand for terracing has moved on.
    The terracing at these archaic tributes to a bye-gone era are uncovered, gull pestered dumps (in the case of Ayr). Those of us who endured Morton away last year stood both games. There's no atmosphere because there's no covering. Any noise goes up into the sky. The two dozen dafties standing under the covered home enclosure made more noise simply because of acoustics. The Lower FF would be a much better prospect for our fans/atmosphere.
    Hibs are standing on the brink of history...

  43. #43
    Radge Private Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    5,600
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1093 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    224
    Why should a small group of fans dictate where a larger group should be situated? We are playing average football in a very poor league, you can't expect Żyleta or Südtribune type atmosphere.

  44. #44
    Radge Private Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    South London
    Posts
    250
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    102 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by Forzahibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Surely these atmospheres are created in grounds that are more or less full ? A pretty much sold out stadium and good attacking football would create an atmosphere alright
    I agree to an extent, but this conversation on a poor atmosphere is coming as we're getting our highest crowds in ages. Plus, we can't guarantee Hibs will always be playing good attacking football or attracting full houses, but with a safe standing section you are (in a sense) guaranteeing atmosphere.

  45. #45
    Radge Private Member

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    164
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    90 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    179
    Quote Originally Posted by Chester Perry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why should a small group of fans dictate where a larger group should be situated? We are playing average football in a very poor league, you can't expect Żyleta or Südtribune type atmosphere.
    No one is dictating anything to anyone, those interested are merely making suggestions/ideas and engaging with the club - as opposed to moaning about it.

  46. #46
    Radge Private Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    South London
    Posts
    250
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    102 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by Chester Perry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why should a small group of fans dictate where a larger group should be situated? We are playing average football in a very poor league, you can't expect Żyleta or Südtribune type atmosphere.
    Unfair to say to that anybody's trying to dictate where fans should sit. That's why there are proposed consultations between club and fans. I'd hope people who currently sit in the Famous Five Lower can appreciate that a move elsewhere would be for the greater good of the atmosphere.

  47. #47
    Radge Private Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    5,600
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1093 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    224
    Quote Originally Posted by Since1875Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No one is dictating anything to anyone, those interested are merely making suggestions/ideas and engaging with the club - as opposed to moaning about it.
    And if the atmosphere doesn't improve moving into the F5? we have the ultimate "sing when your winning" fans.

    Maybe a suggestion should be if folk call them selves Ultras, they should play the role, instead of crying that no one joins in etc.

  48. #48
    Radge Donator

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    320
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    165 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    159
    Quote Originally Posted by London Bouncer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree to an extent, but this conversation on a poor atmosphere is coming as we're getting our highest crowds in ages. Plus, we can't guarantee Hibs will always be playing good attacking football or attracting full houses, but with a safe standing section you are (in a sense) guaranteeing atmosphere.
    If we are watching the guff served up by butcher, Fenlon, auld etc the whole ground could be safe standing and the atmosphere would be poor.Entertaining fitba plus an away crowd help create an atmosphere. Trying to artificially create ultras or a singing section doesn't work.Not sure what the current group is called but I can't say they have sung that loud at ER: on Saturday when different parts of the ground sung Hibernian.... that was loud

  49. #49
    Justified Radge



    aggie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Montrose Terrace Massive
    Posts
    6,196
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3338 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    2032
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenpower View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Poor if fans get moved out off thief seat because of this.
    Quote Originally Posted by southfieldhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agree about moving folk against their will though.
    Like the boy says below, no one is suggesting moving folk "against their will". Far from it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Since1875Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No one is dictating anything to anyone, those interested are merely making suggestions/ideas and engaging with the club - as opposed to moaning about it.
    I agree with you 100%, mate. Cannae believe how many po-faced comments are coming in, essentially denigrating people like yourselves who're at least actively engaging in trying to improve the atmosphere for everybody. I mean, how about you @Chester Perry? You seem to be the world authority on ultras, why don't you get involved in developing that here? Or do you just prefer passive-aggressive sniping?

    FWIW, I dinnae sit in the FF lower, but if I did, if folk simply asked me to join the conversation under no obligation to ultimately move if I didn't want to, I'd like to think I would happily compromise because I thought it was best for the club.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'...

  50. #50
    Radge Private Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    5,600
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1093 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    224
    Quote Originally Posted by aggie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Like the boy says below, no one is suggesting moving folk "against their will". Far from it.



    I agree with you 100%, mate. Cannae believe how many po-faced comments are coming in, essentially denigrating people like yourselves who're at least actively engaging in trying to improve the atmosphere for everybody. I mean, how about you @Chester Perry? You seem to be the world authority on ultras, why don't you get involved in developing that here? Or do you just prefer passive-aggressive sniping?

    FWIW, I dinnae sit in the FF lower, but if I did, if folk simply asked me to join the conversation under no obligation to ultimately move if I didn't want to, I'd like to think I would happily compromise because I thought it was best for the club.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wouldn't say I'm an expert but I'm very good friends with a few. I did after all suggest a singing section in F5 in the Capital green days, and the adaption of "alles alles" type chants...... I'm just of the opinion you can't transplant a continental mentality into our game, there was a huge priapism over Celtcs atmosphere v Citeh, but we all Ken that was a one off. Like us v AEK. Scottish fans need booze to sing, can you imagine a sober Scotland support atmosphere. There's a reason sheepies have a good vocal support, distance and drink consumed equals noise.

GoGO Back To Forum

Similar Threads

  1. Family Home Supports Scotland
    By Official - Hibs Feed in forum General Hibs Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-10-10, 13:25
  2. Seven home games without a win?
    By hibby fan in forum General Hibs Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 18-09-10, 17:11
  3. Travel to home games
    By PILTONSTANY in forum General Hibs Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-04-07, 19:52
  4. Home games left
    By James.g in forum General Hibs Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-01-07, 18:38

User Tag List

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •