Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Just Back and that was outstanding...

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4571 Post(s)
    vCash

Just Back and that was outstanding...

I've decided not to say too much about the actual film content for fear of spoiling the very many poignant, heart-soaring, hilarious and downright daft moments from the DVD you will all be hoping to secure on Friday. All I will say is that Big G was right. This is the best Hibs film in the history of cinematography, it has been well thought out and way in excess of my expectations. I am so glad I got the chance to see it on the big screen. The impact of some of the film making will probably be only truly appreciated on such a scale. Some fab drone footage and, the like, lent itself well to being on Screen 12. On the week of the 25th Anniversary of The Team That Wouldn't Die, this was a million miles from that video production of 1991. In every sense. Each and every one of you please enjoy when the wee plastic box ends up in your possession. Put up a "Do not disturb" sign for the duration.

I will do player ratings though...

Conradge Logan - a thoughtful and honest performance from a man with the heart of a lion
    Sir David Gray - you probably didn't think you could love him any more but you will once you hear his tale of what happened at 3am in the morning of Sunday 22nd May
    Lewis Two Cups Stevenson - his usual modest and understated self. He got a wee round of applause at one point when he expressed his feelings at winning both cups.
    Darren McGregor - he is you, I and every other one of us. He provides a couple of funny moments when he hasn't got his teeth in properly. A more honest appraisal of the cup win you won't get from anyone else in the film
    Fonts - as smooth a presentation as his shades and Men In Black routine on the top of yon bus
    Paul- Last Minute Equaliser -Hanlon - see Lewis
    Fraser Fyvie - I think we saw in this wee insight just how much he is the grumpy basturt who hates losing. One comment about people's attitudes to the semi final was very telling. You would want him on your side, that much is true
    Dylan-TwoGroins-McGeouch - frank, honest and incisive just like he is on the park
    SuperJohnMcGinn - he really is very funny in a much smarter way than his daft wee pal from Balgreen. He made me laugh. Lots
    Stokes Is On Fire - really insightful, intelligent and witty.
    Balgreen Pirlo - he made me laugh and laugh and laugh. You've got to love him. It was a reminder of how infectious his personality is, how young he still is. There's no show without Punch
    Keats Is On Fire - a subs performance and a bit of a cameo role here. But he was on fire. They were petrified. The footage of him celebrating in front of the North brought May 21st back
    Squirrel - confirmed he is a good sort to have around the club
    Marvellous Marvin - just watch out for his chat about the The Rangers players attempt at intimidating him in the tunnel
    Katie - came across well.
    Henderson to Deliver - I left tonight with one thing at the forefront of my mind. I really miss Hendo. I miss his football and I miss his personality. Did I say I miss him? I think he misses us too
    Super Leigh - well you couldn't not have him in there, could you?
    Leeann - just as you would expect, no surprises.
    Stubbsy - lots of good chat. I really loved the insight into his team talk on the pitch at Hampden in ET in the semi. It made the hairs stand up on the back of my neck.
    Doolan - you will all continue your mutual love affair with him after this. And then some.
    Sir Tom - a wee cameo from him. He seemed genuinely touched.
    Rod - I will say nothing other than he will probably take your breath away at one point. Best you find out why yourself. Sharp intakes of breath all round in the cinema tonight.

Hibernian FC - and all who sail in her - what a fantastic production. Thank you for taking the time to get it right. Thank you for the opportunity to see it like this tonight. My head is still racing with the many aspects of the film...like John McGinn, I may still be awake at 3am. Hope the phone doesn't ring though
    Hibs are standing on the brink of history...

Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6631 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SKII View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've decided not to say too much about the actual film content for fear of spoiling the very many poignant, heart-soaring, hilarious and downright daft moments from the DVD you will all be hoping to secure on Friday. All I will say is that Big G was right. This is the best Hibs film in the history of cinematography, it has been well thought out and way in excess of my expectations. I am so glad I got the chance to see it on the big screen. The impact of some of the film making will probably be only truly appreciated on such a scale. Some fab drone footage and, the like, lent itself well to being on Screen 12. On the week of the 25th Anniversary of The Team That Wouldn't Die, this was a million miles from that video production of 1991. In every sense. Each and every one of you please enjoy when the wee plastic box ends up in your possession. Put up a "Do not disturb" sign for the duration.

I will do player ratings though...

Conradge Logan - a thoughtful and honest performance from a man with the heart of a lion
    Sir David Gray - you probably didn't think you could love him any more but you will once you hear his tale of what happened at 3am in the morning of Sunday 22nd May
    Lewis Two Cups Stevenson - his usual modest and understated self. He got a wee round of applause at one point when he expressed his feelings at winning both cups.
    Darren McGregor - he is you, I and every other one of us. He provides a couple of funny moments when he hasn't got his teeth in properly. A more honest appraisal of the cup win you won't get from anyone else in the film
    Fonts - as smooth a presentation as his shades and Men In Black routine on the top of yon bus
    Paul- Last Minute Equaliser -Hanlon - see Lewis
    Fraser Fyvie - I think we saw in this wee insight just how much he is the grumpy basturt who hates losing. One comment about people's attitudes to the semi final was very telling. You would want him on your side, that much is true
    Dylan-TwoGroins-McGeouch - frank, honest and incisive just like he is on the park
    SuperJohnMcGinn - he really is very funny in a much smarter way than his daft wee pal from Balgreen. He made me laugh. Lots
    Stokes Is On Fire - really insightful, intelligent and witty.
    Balgreen Pirlo - he made me laugh and laugh and laugh. You've got to love him. It was a reminder of how infectious his personality is, how young he still is. There's no show without Punch
    Keats Is On Fire - a subs performance and a bit of a cameo role here. But he was on fire. They were petrified. The footage of him celebrating in front of the North brought May 21st back
    Squirrel - confirmed he is a good sort to have around the club
    Marvellous Marvin - just watch out for his chat about the The Rangers players attempt at intimidating him in the tunnel
    Katie - came across well.
    Henderson to Deliver - I left tonight with one thing at the forefront of my mind. I really miss Hendo. I miss his football and I miss his personality. Did I say I miss him? I think he misses us too
    Super Leigh - well you couldn't not have him in there, could you?
    Leeann - just as you would expect, no surprises.
    Stubbsy - lots of good chat. I really loved the insight into his team talk on the pitch at Hampden in ET in the semi. It made the hairs stand up on the back of my neck.
    Doolan - you will all continue your mutual love affair with him after this. And then some.
    Sir Tom - a wee cameo from him. He seemed genuinely touched.
    Rod - I will say nothing other than he will probably take your breath away at one point. Best you find out why yourself. Sharp intakes of breath all round in the cinema tonight.

Hibernian FC - and all who sail in her - what a fantastic production. Thank you for taking the time to get it right. Thank you for the opportunity to see it like this tonight. My head is still racing with the many aspects of the film...like John McGinn, I may still be awake at 3am. Hope the phone doesn't ring though
    I was going to like your post boss but apparently I've got an invalid token or something [@Jamie this happens a lot] so I'll just say thanks
    They're gone, not here, forgotten
    The maroon brigade now cry
    The city is now Hibernian
    The team that would not die

[© Daddy O'Hibee]

If you don’t know what introspection is, you need to take a long, hard look at yourself

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    117 Post(s)
    vCash
    My wee bit of advice is get a big family box of Kleenex because there will be uncontrollabill tears on a few moments.fantastic

Radge Monthly Contributor

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    45 Post(s)
    vCash
    Loved it tonight!! Wait till you hear JC's we joke about "Henderson to deliver"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6482 Post(s)
    vCash
    Sounds amazing. Can't wait to see it.

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4571 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    Sounds amazing. Can't wait to see it.
    It will genuinely make you chuckle, belly laugh, gulp back tears, stun and take you on the rollercoaster that is being a Hibs fan.

I had hairs on the back of the neck, "goosepimples" (as Marvin calls them ) and spine tingling moments. I had tears of joy and sadness. They use music to great effect to create and enhance the atmosphere.

If it were possible to love this group of players any more, this proves it. I am delighted it was this cohort and not any one of the other groups of imposters who will go down in history. A video starring Soares and Francombe? No ta...

radge grandad radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2459 Post(s)
    vCash
    Cannae wait masel. Great Just Back tae👍👍👍💚

Think I might nip over to Gorgie Farm and count some Chickens before they've hatched

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    134 Post(s)
    vCash
    It will genuinely make you chuckle, belly laugh, gulp back tears, stun and take you on the rollercoaster that is being a Hibs fan.

I had hairs on the back of the neck, "goosepimples" (as Marvin calls them ) and spine tingling moments. I had tears of joy and sadness. They use music to great effect to create and enhance the atmosphere.

If it were possible to love this group of players any more, this proves it. I am delighted it was this cohort and not any one of the other groups of imposters who will go down in history. A video starring Soares and Francombe? No ta...
    Thanks as always for your great threads. Does the match have the Sky commentary or do they use the Hibs TV commentary?

Spaktacuradge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1456 Post(s)
    vCash
    That was THE best football or sports related piece I've ever seen. $#@!ing absolutely loved it.

MASSIVE well done to Hibs. Spot on.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Happythankyoumoreplease.

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4571 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by King Of Kings View Post
    Thanks as always for your great threads. Does the match have the Sky commentary or do they use the Hibs TV commentary?
    It's the SKY one. Andy Wa@ker and all. There's a little bit of Hibs TV but the majority is SKY.

So Henderson will deliver

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    134 Post(s)
    vCash
    It's the SKY one. Andy Wa@ker and all. There's a little bit of Hibs TV but the majority is SKY.

So Henderson will deliver
    Nice, it wouldn't be the same without the Henderson to deliver line. Wish we could mute Wa@ker's mic though. You would think people were being stabbed on the pitch at the end the way he was going on. Arsehole!! Can't wait to get my copy on Friday.

Radge Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)
    vCash
    After that review waiting very impatiently for my copy to arrive in Australia !
    Sounds like an emotional evening - did anyone invade the stage -;)

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4384 Post(s)
    vCash
    Was tremendous and I'm happy to have seen it on such a large screen. There was a few moments where I thought the screen was too big though. I dunno if they use higher quality cameras to make movies or other tech stuff, but sometimes I felt the image quality of the sporting scenes were a wee bit dodgy.

The interviews were the highlights though, I don't have the words to express how that weekend made and makes me feel, and the same applies to the DVD.

Justified Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3340 Post(s)
    vCash
    Holy SH!T if I wasn't excited to see this already, I fcukin am now!!!

Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'...

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    553 Post(s)
    vCash
    I really hope the post gets this delivered to me asap.

Cant wait to see it

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    432 Post(s)
    vCash
    The DVD is nearly 3 hours long but the time just disappears.

Its beyond excellent throughout but the sequence covering the actual game itself is exceptional and huge credit is due to the whole DVD production team for their original and innovative ideas.

Lots of laughs throughout especially Jason who is a natural comedian.

The revelation for me was just how tight the bond was between the manager and the players and everyone to a man really thought pre match we were going to win and that utter belief and self confidence made all the difference in the last 10 minutes.

It will be long forgotten in history but winning the replay at the cup holders Inverness 3 days after losing the LCF to Ross County proved that this team had "something" special within them.

The only minute criticism I would make is that there was a 99% happy joyful pitch invasion at the end and you don't need to rewrite history and pretend there wasn't.

Thanks for the "Just Back" summary SKII as you summarised the event perfectly.

Baldy radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    790 Post(s)
    vCash
    How many boxes of tissues will I need?
    And that's for my tears before someone comments😀
    Last edited by Braehead Cabbage; 27-10-16 at 09:57.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    374 Post(s)
    vCash
    Thought it was amazing last night best film I've ever seen at the cinema there mots even a close second! Now I canny wait to watch it over and over again this weekend with a beer or two!

Atlanta Hibs Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    582 Post(s)
    vCash
    Ordered mine.

Should be on screens in Atlanta next week.

Cannae wait

Micro$oft Hating Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    741 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by barney View Post
    Ordered mine.

Should be on screens in Atlanta next week.

Cannae wait
    Will it be compatible with US screens ? I've had bother with UK DVDs before.
    Charlie don't surf !

Atlanta Hibs Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    582 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BurbankHibee View Post
    Will it be compatible with US screens ? I've had bother with UK DVDs before.
    my DVD player has an option to watch any region DVD so should be OK.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    402 Post(s)
    vCash
    There was more than a few of us including me who all thought that the hibs had missed a trick by taking so long to bring this dvd out therfore failing to cash in on the cup fever that swept the city for so long after winning the cup and we wouldn't sell as many dvds as we could have
    Going by the reviews and reports I've read on here it sounds like the club has done the right thing and waited on getting the best filmmakers producers etc involved in the making of this dvd and going by all accounts it's going to pay off big time. I really can't wait to get my copy after reading everyone's reviews and I'm sure that there will be a few Xmas stockings filled with this piece of history

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    374 Post(s)
    vCash
    Read earlier that they've had over 2000 pre-orders so that's over £50k before you even take into account the money they'll make on p&p

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4571 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by C4MMY View Post
    Read earlier that they've had over 2000 pre-orders so that's over £50k before you even take into account the money they'll make on p&p
    Minus costs

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    374 Post(s)
    vCash
    Minus costs
    Thats true but £50k+ from pre orders is a good start!

radge grandad radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2459 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Braehead Cabbage View Post
    How many boxes of tissues will I need?
    And that's for my tears before someone comments😀

Can I comment anyway?
    Nae need tae explain yersel wi this. It's perfectly acceptable tae use tissues with this particular DVD. 😜

Think I might nip over to Gorgie Farm and count some Chickens before they've hatched

Spaktacuradge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1456 Post(s)
    vCash
    Really glad I went to see it at the pictures on the big screen with my two that missed the final. Football DVDs can be pretty dry and even totally cringe-core but Hibs and the production company have a stunning job.

I'll still buy the DVD too.
    Happythankyoumoreplease.

GoGO Back To Forum