Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    87 Post(s)
    vCash

Our best team?

It seems Lennon does not know our 'best' team. Supporters ask for width, yet when he plays Boyle it does not seem to work. I admit I thought Holt might 'do okay' by holding up the ball for Cummings or Keatings. When I first saw Shinnie I thought we had a player with some skill who would do well. However, he has not delivered and yesterday he could not keep hold of the ball / too easily dispossessed. McGinn and McGeough are below par. I never thought we would skoosh this League and I have already said I had my 'doubts' about Lennon. However, I have never criticised him and still believe we can get out of this league. So....my question is , ' If you were Lennon, what team would you put on the park?' I would like to see Crane given a chance, but would be interested to hear the thoughts of folk on this site.

Capital Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1614 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mags View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It seems Lennon does not know our 'best' team. Supporters ask for width, yet when he plays Boyle it does not seem to work. I admit I thought Holt might 'do okay' by holding up the ball for Cummings or Keatings. When I first saw Shinnie I thought we had a player with some skill who would do well. However, he has not delivered and yesterday he could not keep hold of the ball / too easily dispossessed. McGinn and McGeough are below par. I never thought we would skoosh this League and I have already said I had my 'doubts' about Lennon. However, I have never criticised him and still believe we can get out of this league. So....my question is , ' If you were Lennon, what team would you put on the park?' I would like to see Crane given a chance, but would be interested to hear the thoughts of folk on this site.
    Being honest mate I feel our signings have been really poor TBH, I put my hands up and admit it we have got these wrong our signings haven't improved us and we are stuck with the same players that couldn't get us promoted in two seasons. I 100% agree with you about the lad Crane, although that won't sort out our major problems TBH, I want Hendo to come in January, although that wouldn't be enough.
    "THE HIBEES FAMILY"

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2502 Post(s)
    vCash
    I mentioned in a post yesterday morning that I would like to see Lennon play a 4-3-3 in every home match this season with one of the front three being an out and out wide player either Boyle or Harris. I would play Holt and Keatings as our main attackers with Cummings coming on in the second half of games. My starting midfield three would be Fyvie, McGeogh and McGinn. Our back four would be Gray, Hanlon, McGregor and Stevenson. Rocky in goals. Fontaine coming back from injury would give the manager further defensive options. I am disappointed we have not seen Callum Crane feature in the last two matches, not even on the bench. I think he must either be injured or the manager just doesn't think he is ready for first team football yet. In midfield Fyvie would give us workrate as he never hides from a game. I think he is a very good player. McGeogh again always wants the ball and is a creative player as is John McGinn. I know these players have lost form recently but you don't become a bad player overnight. Shinnie has been poor recently but as we saw early on in his time at Hibs he does have ability and can be used as an alternative to McGeogh if and when the manager sees fit. Graham can be back up for Holt again in the second half of home games. I just think at home the fans want to see at least one wide attacking player actually going at a defence getting to the byeline and delivering accurate crosses into the box. We need someone willing to take responsibility and get behind defences.

I know that formation with wide players failed yesterday, but I do think it is worth persevering with at Easter Road. In away games the manager can possibly change things around and play a formation he thinks will get the right result but at home I truly feel we need to try something different...I doubt Lennon will actually do what I am suggesting ! Bad though it must have been yesterday at the end of the day it was a defeat in a minor cup tournament and not a league defeat. A much needed win at Raith Rovers on Saturday would get us back on track
    Last edited by Greenmachine; 10-10-16 at 00:20.
    "I can't stress enough how important it is to be in possession of the football - it is better to be the matador rather than the bull"

John Hughes

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1866 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenmachine View Post
    I mentioned in a post yesterday morning that I would like to see Lennon play a 4-3-3 in every home match this season with one of the front three being an out and out wide player either Boyle or Harris. I would play Holt and Keatings as our main attackers with Cummings coming on in the second half of games. My starting midfield three would be Fyvie, McGeogh and McGinn. Our back four would be Gray, Hanlon, McGregor and Stevenson. Rocky in goals. Fontaine coming back from injury would give the manager further defensive options. I am disappointed we have not seen Callum Crane feature in the last two matches, not even on the bench. I think he must either be injured or the manager just doesn't think he is ready for first team football yet. In midfield Fyvie would give us workrate as he never hides from a game. I think he is a very good player. McGeogh again always wants the ball and is a creative player as is John McGinn. I know these players have lost form recently but you don't become abad player overnight. Shinnie has been poor recently but as we saw early on in his time at Hibs he does have ability and can be used as an alternative to McGeogh if and when the manager sees fit. Graham can be back up for Holt again in the second half of home games.I just think at home the fans want to see at least one wide attacking player actually going at a defence getting to the byeline and delivering accurate crosses into the box. We need someone willing to take responsibility and get behind defences.

I know that formation with wide players failed yesterday, but I do think it is worth persevering with at Easter Road. In away games the manager can possibly change things around and play a formation he thinks will get the right result but at home I truly feel we need to try something different...I doubt Lennon will actually do what I am suggesting ! Bad though it must have been yesterday at the end of the day it was a defeat in a minor cup tournament and not a league defeat. A much needed win at Raith Rovers on Saturday would get us back on track
    disagree with the suggestion of dropping our main goalscorer Cummings in order to accomodate Holt / Keatings
    until the sky turns green

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6583 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tricky View Post
    disagree with the suggestion of dropping our main goalscorer Cummings in order to accomodate Holt / Keatings
    Agreed. Until we have other options Cummings needs to start every game.

Radge Monthly Contributor

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    94 Post(s)
    vCash
    I think long term we would score more goals with Cummings out if the team. Keatings and Holt link up better and could bring others into the game. That way we could maybe win 3-0 with different scorers rather than 1-0 with a Cummings goal.

Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5715 Post(s)
    vCash
    I cannot believe Hibs fans want Cummings dropped in favour of Holt. Sweet Sauzee.
    nil satis nisi optimum

Mustang Loving Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1514 Post(s)
    vCash
    Hibs are lucky we still have Cummings. The lads a proven goal scorer, who else has consistently scored goals for us over the past few years? Far too much is expected of him and the lack of goals else where shows. If Jason doesn't score, there's no one else to do the job. Keatings is far too inconsistent, one week he looks good, the next he's missing. Holt is pony, done feck all and had more than enough chances to score. Still baffled as to why Insall hasn't even been given a chance. Granted he's on loan, but he knows where the net is, give the lad a chance.

Quite a bit past it radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6431 Post(s)
    vCash
    Jason is what is commonly called a ‘luxury player’ in that he isn’t an all-rounder.
    The lad sticks the ball in the net – not occasionally – but almost constantly. He’s the only player we have with the knack of getting the ball in the net on a regular basis; and he’s proved it time and again.
    I watched wee fat Robbo do much the same for the Gunts for many years as did Ally McCoward at the now defunct Glasgow Rangers. Despite what is said about them nowadays, neither of them ‘tracked back’ or ‘linked up’ or ‘worked tirelessly’ for the team. It’s fcukin hilarious to see claims that they ‘did so much more than score goals’.
    Did they fcuk.
    McCoward in particular was often hailed as a lazy $#@! by his own fans, as indeed was Robbo particularly when they went through a lean spell. Not that the fat $#@!s had many.
    If Jason can improve his game by polishing up his perceived weak areas then great – we will get a bigger fee next season.
    In the meantime I’m delighted we have a ‘luxury player’ at Hibs.
    It’s brilliant.

Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6677 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wsamcrowe View Post
    I think long term we would score more goals with Cummings out if the team. Keatings and Holt link up better and could bring others into the game. That way we could maybe win 3-0 with different scorers rather than 1-0 with a Cummings goal.
    Are you saying Holt owuld get more goals than Cummings? Not a chance in a million years. Cummings is our top striker and should be on at the start of every game we play. Holt is a big huddy well past his best and adds nothing to the team.
    They're gone, not here, forgotten
    The maroon brigade now cry
    The city is now Hibernian
    The team that would not die

[© Daddy O'Hibee]

If you don’t know what introspection is, you need to take a long, hard look at yourself

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    379 Post(s)
    vCash
    We don't score enough goals with Cummings in the team never mind out it

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6583 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Shrink View Post
    Jason is what is commonly called a ‘luxury player’ in that he isn’t an all-rounder.
    The lad sticks the ball in the net – not occasionally – but almost constantly. He’s the only player we have with the knack of getting the ball in the net on a regular basis; and he’s proved it time and again.
    I watched wee fat Robbo do much the same for the Gunts for many years as did Ally McCoward at the now defunct Glasgow Rangers. Despite what is said about them nowadays, neither of them ‘tracked back’ or ‘linked up’ or ‘worked tirelessly’ for the team. It’s fcukin hilarious to see claims that they ‘did so much more than score goals’.
    Did they fcuk.
    McCoward in particular was often hailed as a lazy $#@! by his own fans, as indeed was Robbo particularly when they went through a lean spell. Not that the fat $#@!s had many.
    If Jason can improve his game by polishing up his perceived weak areas then great – we will get a bigger fee next season.
    In the meantime I’m delighted we have a ‘luxury player’ at Hibs.
    It’s brilliant.
    Well said.

Funnily enough having not been impressed by us this season I have been in the work rate of Jason when I've seen him.

Lennon subbing him when we need goals is stupidity on his part. And not listing him to start just $#@!in idiotic.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    94 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dub View Post
    Are you saying Holt owuld get more goals than Cummings? Not a chance in a million years. Cummings is our top striker and should be on at the start of every game we play. Holt is a big huddy well past his best and adds nothing to the team.
    Holt makes Cummings a better player, has Cummings scored since Holt was dropped?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6677 Post(s)
    vCash
    Holt makes Cummings a better player, has Cummings scored since Holt was dropped?
    He scored plenty before Holt arrived. We'll need to agree to differ on Holt I think. In my opinion he's a huddy, you clearly think otherwise. Fair enough it's all about opinions.

Besides, you were advocating that Cummings be dropped and we play Keats and Holt up front instead which seems ludicrous to me given Jason's scoring record.

[© Daddy O'Hibee]

If you don’t know what introspection is, you need to take a long, hard look at yourself

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    94 Post(s)
    vCash
    He scored plenty before Holt arrived. We'll need to agree to differ on Holt I think. In my opinion he's a huddy, you clearly think otherwise. Fair enough it's all about opinions.Besides, you were advocating that Cummings be dropped and we play Keats and Holt up front instead which seems ludicrous to me given Jason's scoring record.
    Based on this season I think Holt should play with keatings or Cummings. My preference was keatings has he has a better all round game. But we could play with all 3? Especially at home.I am not anti Cummings I just think if he doesn't score then he is largely a passenger and it can be like playing with a man Down. When he does score, brilliant. Maybe we'll just agree to disagree on this one mate.

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6583 Post(s)
    vCash
    Based on this season I think Holt should play with keatings or Cummings. My preference was keatings has he has a better all round game. But we could play with all 3? Especially at home.I am not anti Cummings I just think if he doesn't score then he is largely a passenger and it can be like playing with a man Down. When he does score, brilliant. Maybe we'll just agree to disagree on this one mate.
    What the hell has Holt done since he signed?!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    94 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    He's the only player up top that seems to be able to win a header (bar Graham so hasn't played much) and can hold up the ball.

radge grandad radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2517 Post(s)
    vCash
    I thought he looked the part at first , thinking he was just a bit rusty. He never improved, he's actually went backwards. Jase can frustrate yi to $#@!in $#@! but he goes and bangs one in and that's his game.

Think I might nip over to Gorgie Farm and count some Chickens before they've hatched

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6583 Post(s)
    vCash
    He's the only player up top that seems to be able to win a header (bar Graham so hasn't played much) and can hold up the ball.
    Really? I didn't see him win any header. He was cumbersome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    94 Post(s)
    vCash
    Really? I didn't see him win any header. He was cumbersome.
    Scored a good header vs Morton and had a good header well saved against ayr. Also scored a good header against shrewsbury preseason. He adds a different sort of play to our game imo.

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6583 Post(s)
    vCash
    Scored a good header vs Morton and had a good header well saved against ayr. Also scored a good header against shrewsbury preseason. He adds a different sort of play to our game imo.
    He will be gone before the end of January IMO.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    379 Post(s)
    vCash
    Holts biggest contribution so far this season is probably this debate

maybe a bit harsh actually, just looked back at results and teams and pretty much since he was taken off against ayr we have went down hill
    Last edited by C4MMY; 10-10-16 at 15:12.

I Was There And Went Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    884 Post(s)
    vCash
    Our best team is:

-------------- Laidlaw -----------------

Gray -- McGregor -- Hanlon -- Stevenson

--------------- Fyvie -------------------

----- McGeouch ------ McGinn ----------

-------------- Keatings -----------------

----------- Holt ---- Cummings ---------
    Seems like there's a hole in my dreams, or so it seems

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6583 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sauzee's Teeth View Post
    Our best team is:

-------------- Laidlaw -----------------

Gray -- McGregor -- Hanlon -- Stevenson

--------------- Fyvie -------------------

----- McGeouch ------ McGinn ----------

-------------- Keatings -----------------

----------- Holt ---- Cummings ---------
    Holt in based on?

I Was There And Went Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    884 Post(s)
    vCash
    Holt in based on?
    Based on my opinion that I think he makes Cummings a better player. He's quite intelligent in his play, don't think he's going to score a load of goals for us but I think he helps Jase score more.

I don't think it's any coincidence that Holt & Cummings were our striker pairing in each of the first 5 league games we won.

Keatings also impressed in the 'tip of the diamond' role in those games (until Shinnie took his place) and I don't think we've looked quite the same since the front 3 of Holt, Cummings & Keatings haven't been playing together.

EDIT: Also, regarding the 'keeper; it shouldn't really matter who plays in goals for us in this league however I think Laidlaw was unlucky to lose his place for Marciano as he hadn't done anything wrong.
    Seems like there's a hole in my dreams, or so it seems

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6677 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sauzee's Teeth View Post
    Based on my opinion that I think he makes Cummings a better player. He's quite intelligent in his play, don't think he's going to score a load of goals for us but I think he helps Jase score more.

I don't think it's any coincidence that Holt & Cummings were our striker pairing in each of the first 5 league games we won.

Keatings also impressed in the 'tip of the diamond' role in those games (until Shinnie took his place) and I don't think we've looked quite the same since the front 3 of Holt, Cummings & Keatings haven't been playing together.

EDIT: Also, regarding the 'keeper; it shouldn't really matter who plays in goals for us in this league however I think Laidlaw was unlucky to lose his place for Marciano as he hadn't done anything wrong.
    Except gift a goal to Brondby which effectively knocked us out of Europe

[© Daddy O'Hibee]

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    379 Post(s)
    vCash
    Except gift a goal to Brondby which effectively knocked us out of Europe
    Wasnt laidlaw that was in goals at ER was that virtanen laddie

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6677 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by C4MMY View Post
    Wasnt laidlaw that was in goals at ER was that virtanen laddie
    My mistake I agree with you then.

Always have

[© Daddy O'Hibee]

Doonhamer Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    383 Post(s)
    vCash
    Goals. Rocky starts because he will Laidlaw is young and his time will come.
    Defence. Gray McGregor Hanlon Stevenson. Foster in and out for injury's etc .
    Midfield. Fyfie to start but his ball retention annoys me.Bartley away from home or when we go two up and want to shut the door or when we play on ploughed fields.
    Dylan needs games , Super J , Shinnie needs games.But both I'd play rotating Keating's with Shinnie to keep both fresh and putting pressure on both to perform.But Shinnie would be at this juncture my main man and needs some loving Mr Lennon he looks that sort.
    Strikers Graham 70 mins then Holt or other way aboot. Cummings.

Play whatever formation you like but if those players can't win this league along with Lennon I will not be a wee happy bunny.
    We may need to go big in January of course.

Justified Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3412 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by south west hiby View Post
    I feel certain that if we're still looking this unconvincing in January, and have not opened up some sort of lead, then the board will have no option but to twist - whatever our finances look like. Anything less than automatic promotion is unthinkable, as failure's ramifications would be seismic to say the least. If it looks like spending our way out is the only option, then they'd be absolute mugs to hesitate.
    Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'...

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6583 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aggie View Post
    I feel certain that if we're still looking this unconvincing in January, and have not opened up some sort of lead, then the board will have no option but to twist - whatever our finances look like. Anything less than automatic promotion is unthinkable, as failure's ramifications would be seismic to say the least. If it looks like spending our way out is the only option, then they'd be absolute mugs to hesitate.
    My genuine fear is playing catch up.

Radge

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5715 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by south west hiby View Post
    Goals. Rocky starts because he will Laidlaw is young and his time will come.
    Defence. Gray McGregor Hanlon Stevenson. Foster in and out for injury's etc .
    Midfield. Fyfie to start but his ball retention annoys me.Bartley away from home or when we go two up and want to shut the door or when we play on ploughed fields.
    Dylan needs games , Super J , Shinnie needs games.But both I'd play rotating Keating's with Shinnie to keep both fresh and putting pressure on both to perform.But Shinnie would be at this juncture my main man and needs some loving Mr Lennon he looks that sort.
    Strikers Graham 70 mins then Holt or other way aboot. Cummings.

Play whatever formation you like but if those players can't win this league along with Lennon I will not be a wee happy bunny.
    This for me is our best team. Decent suggestion on Keatings and Shinnie too.
    nil satis nisi optimum

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6431 Post(s)
    vCash
    I think his team selection is decent 1875.
    However, I'm not sure Lennon would be up for giving some loving to Shinnie.
    Mind you, I would have pulled him off in the last couple of games.

get off yer bum an sing radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2208 Post(s)
    vCash
    While I appreciate the effort Lewis makes getting up and down the wing, I am not generally in favour of a defender spending most of his time in the opposition area. When a breakaway occurs..and it inevitably does, we are left with a man out of position. Far rather have 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 and have proper wingers. If Harris, Boyle and whoevere else is around cant make the wing their own then it is time we got someone in this January. Also sick of seeing 1-2 players in the box when a cross comes in..get 4-5 bodies in there

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6583 Post(s)
    vCash
    I've not seen much of him. Is it that he's half hearted?

Radge

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5715 Post(s)
    vCash
    In a word, yes.
    nil satis nisi optimum

Doonhamer Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    383 Post(s)
    vCash
    Attachment 6036

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6583 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875 View Post
    In a word, yes.
    Dearie me.

A player who has failed down south comes back up the road thinking he can just go through the motions.

Not getting giving 110% even on loan Henderson to deliver was a huge blow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6431 Post(s)
    vCash
    Looks like he doesn't give a toss sometimes.

Rock n' Roll Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    435 Post(s)
    vCash
    I think we should be be going 442 with a couple of wingers, especially at home, we really don't need holding midfielders etc, we need to stretch teams to create space against opponents who will come to ER and inevitably sit in. We also need to be playing with two forwards who have a bit of movement and intelligence, so...

Marciano
    Gray McGregor Hanlon Stevenson
    Boyle Fyvie McGinn Harris
    Cummings Keatings

That way we have players like Bartley, McGeouch, Shinnie, Graham and Holt on the bench if we need to change this up.
    We wanna be free, we wanna be free to do what we wanna do, and we wanna get loaded, and we wanna have a good time... That's what we're gonna do

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6583 Post(s)
    vCash
    Looks like he doesn't give a toss sometimes.
    I wasn't impressed by him v Dundee Utd. If it continues I hope we send him back.

As an aside I think it's important that everyone gets it. Our support expects this team and management to deliver. I'm not buying into this bollocks either that the board hasn't backed the manager. He took on the job knowing the budget. I'd suggest he's wasted every penny of it aside from 'sanctioning' new deals for Hanlon and Cummings.

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2502 Post(s)
    vCash
    I wasn't impressed by him v Dundee Utd. If it continues I hope we send him back.

As an aside I think it's important that everyone gets it. Our support expects this team and management to deliver. I'm not buying into this bollocks either that the board hasn't backed the manager. He took on the job knowing the budget. I'd suggest he's wasted every penny of it aside from 'sanctioning' new deals for Hanlon and Cummings.
    Agree with what you say about the board backing the manger. He said in the summer he was pleased with the budget and didn't think he needed to make wholesale changes to the squad he had inherited. Lennon was very much a factor in persuading Cummings to stay for another year and Paul Hanlon, who had initially turned down a new contract, was satisfied enough with his new deal and the future at Hibs to sign up for a few more years. We do indeed expect this manager and this team to deliver the league title this year...nothing else will do. By his own words he has been backed by the board and also by 11,000 season ticket renewals. The time to judge whether or not he has wasted the budget will be at the end of the season. If we are top of the league at that time then he will have used his budget well. I would suggest early to mid October is way too soon to say whether or not the budget has been well used.
    "I can't stress enough how important it is to be in possession of the football - it is better to be the matador rather than the bull"

John Hughes

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    569 Post(s)
    vCash
    Why not try 4-3-3 at home at least? Play Cummings, Holt and Keats up front. Flood the defence, get Holt to soften em up and count on JC and Keats speed. We might lose a goal or two but we might score even more. Trouble is most teams come and sit in against us; if they are trying to mark our front three, that could leave space for Super to have a crack. I think we play best when our full backs bomb down the wings.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6677 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jock3 View Post
    Why not try 4-3-3 at home at least? Play Cummings, Holt and Keats up front. Flood the defence, get Holt to soften em up and count on JC and Keats speed. We might lose a goal or two but we might score even more. Trouble is most teams come and sit in against us; if they are trying to mark our front three, that could leave space for Super to have a crack. I think we play best when our full backs bomb down the wings.
    I'm not a big fan of 4-3-3. The opposition play 4-5-1 and we're swamped in midfield. 3-5-2 for me with 3 centrebacks and Lewis and Sir D of G as the wing backs. Our midfielders need to take more responsibility and shoot on sight instead of passing backwards and forwards. If they did that there are chances from rebounds or saves and JC plus Keats would be ideal for mopping these up.

[© Daddy O'Hibee]

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3577 Post(s)
    vCash
    I'm not a big fan of 4-3-3. The opposition play 4-5-1 and we're swamped in midfield. 3-5-2 for me with 3 centrebacks and Lewis and Sir D of G as the wing backs. Our midfielders need to take more responsibility and shoot on sight instead of passing backwards and forwards. If they did that there are chances from rebounds or saves and JC plus Keats would be ideal for mopping these up.
    I agree. 3-5-2 for me as well. I think we`ve looked a better side over the last couple of years when Stubbs has employed that formation.

I think it suits the players we have, allowing them to play in more natural and favourable positions. I`d certainly prefer to see this as Hibs default formation.
    I started out with nothing and i`ve still got most of it left.

" Without people, you`re nothing.." - Joe Strummer.

Rock n' Roll Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    435 Post(s)
    vCash
    I'd be in favour of bringing back the 352 as well, earlier in the thread I talked about using a 442 to get some width and have two forwards, but 352 also allows this with the added bonus of us not being swamped in midfield. Lennon started the season with this formation out of necessity, but it brought about our best results to date.
    We wanna be free, we wanna be free to do what we wanna do, and we wanna get loaded, and we wanna have a good time... That's what we're gonna do

GoGO Back To Forum