Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash

Lennons not the answer

This is my first comment on this page but Neil Lennon is not the manager that will get us out this league. Lennon is living on what he done at Celtic(2-1 v Barcelona). Every game we have lost this season he blames the players, not his own inept tactics or the fact he refuses to make a sub till its to late. I love this club and always will but i think we need someone better in charge. Just my opinion

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2457 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by roodrick3:16 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is my first comment on this page but Neil Lennon is not the manager that will get us out this league. Lennon is living on what he done at Celtic(2-1 v Barcelona). Every game we have lost this season he blames the players, not his own inept tactics or the fact he refuses to make a sub till its to late. I love this club and always will but i think we need someone better in charge. Just my opinion
    We have lost only one league match so far this season albeit a very bad one at home to Ayr United. We also won our first five league matches for the first time in 42 years and beat a decent European team away from home. I thought we were poor against Dundee United last Sunday in a match we should have won comfortably and by all accounts we were even worse yesterday...despite it being a very minor cup tournament and low on our list of priorities. I have problems with several things about Neil Lennon but he is as high calibre a manager as we could probably get just now given where we are and he is used to dealing with the pressure of winning a league when you are the strong favourites. We have to stick with him and put our trust in him to achieve what we absolutely must achieve this season.
    Last edited by Greenmachine; 09-10-16 at 11:13.
    "I can't stress enough how important it is to be in possession of the football - it is better to be the matador rather than the bull"

John Hughes

Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    282 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenmachine View Post
    We have lost only one league match so far this season albeit a very bad one at home to Ayr United. We also won our first five league matches for the first time in 42 years and beat a decent European team away from home. I thought we were poor against Dundee United last Sunday in a match we should have won comfortably and by all accounts we were even worse yesterday...despite it being a very minor cup tournament and low on our list of priorities. I have problems with several things about Neil Lennon but he is high calibre a manager as we could probably get just now given where we are and he is used to dealing with the pressure of winning a league when you are the strong favourites. We have to stick with him and put our trust in him to achieve what we absolutely must achieve this season.
    This 'winning our first five matches in 42 years' is not something we should promote as special when you know it's only because we are in this league. Never mind we've only lost one game, that's still not a great stat considering we are trailing Queen of the South. It's all about promotion and hardly anything we've seen so far shows we are better than them, Utd or Falkirk. Lennon doesn't seem to have the answers.

I hope he turns it round, but he's not changed much to a squad that failed to go up last season.

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2457 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    This 'winning our first five matches in 42 years' is not something we should promote as special when you know it's only because we are in this league. Never mind we've only lost one game, that's still not a great stat considering we are trailing Queen of the South. It's all about promotion and hardly anything we've seen so far shows we are better than them, Utd or Falkirk. Lennon doesn't seem to have the answers.

I hope he turns it round, but he's not changed much to a squad that failed to go up last season.
    I totally accept what you are saying and I agree that far too much was made of winning the first five matches considering the standard of the league we are in. You can only beat the teams that are put in front of you however and we were doing this at the start of the season despite not playing particularly good football. We were showing some resilience and not conceding many whereas we now seem to be losing too many goals almost always from set-pieces as well as hardly ever scoring ourselves. IMO over the course of a 10 month marathon season our squad will still likely finish on top despite the fact that Hibs are not as good as was thought by many... including myself I might add. I don't think the other squads in this league are any better than Hibs squad to be honest and I think this will show itself as the season goes on. It's only early October and we have six full months to go of the season. We have to start winning regularly again very soon, but there is still a awful long way to go.
    "I can't stress enough how important it is to be in possession of the football - it is better to be the matador rather than the bull"

John Hughes

Last Of The Summer Wine Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    712 Post(s)
    vCash
    We'll $#@!e ourselves and chuck money at him in January that will see us through now that it's clear the gamble to save a few quid won't be enough against mediocre opposition this season.

"high calibre" means fuk all and I'm surprised that Hibs only had eyes for him. The transfer window was an absolute joke but there was little criticism as so many were still living in a cup final bubble. It's popped now though I see.

Stokes and Henderson isn't the fukn answer either unless you're content for a rerun of the last league season which was murder.

If Shinnie turned out to be the creativity in midfield we'd maybe have been alright but aside from the pass to Keatings last weekend there's little evidence of that. The McGinn, Fyvie, McGeouch much wankedover top SPFL quality midfield is still ineffective in respect of the important things like creating chances or scoring goals. Stevenson and Gray are still our hope for getting quality balls to the forwards.....when they are in the box and not coming out deep or wide to get the ball leaving nae cant in there as our midfield get nosebleeds ahead of the opponents box

Did Tangopubes watch any videos from last season? Not sure our team of softies will flourish under his approach either rather than the Stubbs nicey nicey patter

Radge Monthly Contributor

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    373 Post(s)
    vCash
    3 weeks ago Lennon was getting plaudits for changing the way we play and our mentality. Now he is the not the manager for us and has made no difference from last season.
    It can't be both.

Give him time, it's eight games into the season!

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6483 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs1337 View Post
    it's eight games into the season!
    And already we've lost to Queen of the South, Ayr United and St Mirren. It's unacceptable. We simply must win the league this season. Unless we see huge improvement fast he's rightly going to come under scrutiny.

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    213 Post(s)
    vCash
    Talking to a Smelly supporter when we first got Lennon........said its a wrong move, he was mince at the Smellies, for all he did, it was Johan Majalby that did all the graft and coaching. Lennon just took all the plaudits.

hmmmhmmm
    ONE OF THE SYMPTOMS OF AN APPROACHING NERVOUS BREAKDOWN IS THE BELIEF THAT ONES WORK IS TERRIBLY IMPORTANT

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6483 Post(s)
    vCash
    Anyone know the length of his contract?

Statistically Radge Admin

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1500 Post(s)
    vCash
    We've negotiated league games v Falkirk, dundee united and qots without defeat. Big one coming up v raith, but if we win that we're rolling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    373 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    And already we've lost to Queen of the South, Ayr United and St Mirren. It's unacceptable. We simply must win the league this season. Unless we see huge improvement fast he's rightly going to come under scrutiny.
    I am not disputing it's unacceptable or the point about scrutiny. I also agree about winning the league, we must, end of.

Lennon has a lot to prove but knee jerk reactions will help nowt. I can't say I am enjoying going to ER this season so far however I refuse to panic just now. I am keeping my powder dry for a wee bit yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
    Talking to a Smelly supporter when we first got Lennon........said its a wrong move, he was mince at the Smellies, for all he did, it was Johan Majalby that did all the graft and coaching. Lennon just took all the plaudits.

hmmmhmmm
    I don't think Fergie did much coaching at Man U tbh either. I am not putting NL in the same bracket as Fergie but lots of managers today leave the actual coaching to, eh, coaches.

"just took all the plaudits" Really?

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    45 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    Agree that we must win the league, only one of these games were in the league though. I think that he is an improvement on Stubbs(good cup manager!), but his intensity seems to be affecting the players, I think that we will win at Starks Park but the Dunfermline match will be tough.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1774 Post(s)
    vCash
    was in the small camp of Hibs fans horrified by the appointment of Lennon in the summer but no point panicking at this stage just got to hope we can go on another run of wins starting on saturday..

if we are not top of the league or very close at Christmas be a good case for binning him
    until the sky turns green

Justified Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3340 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tricky View Post
    was in the small camp of Hibs fans horrified by the appointment of Lennon in the summer but no point panicking at this stage just got to hope we can go on another run of wins starting on saturday..

if we are not top of the league or very close at Christmas be a good case for binning him
    About where I'm at, R. We really do need to win this weekend, I think. Even a draw and this run of form starts to feel very uncomfortable indeed...

Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'...

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1774 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aggie View Post
    About where I'm at, R. We really do need to win this weekend, I think. Even a draw and this run of form starts to feel very uncomfortable indeed...

aye, thankfully missed the first 25 minutes yesterday, what I saw was abject.
    until the sky turns green

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    102 Post(s)
    vCash
    Just as a point of interest, I noticed today that Stuart McCall's Bradford are unbeaten and in second place in League One right now. I can't speak for everybody, but I remember there wasn't much enthusiasm when he was linked with us in the summer. I'm still pro-Lennon, but does anyone think he might've fared better so far?

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2457 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by London Bouncer View Post
    Just as a point of interest, I noticed today that Stuart McCall's Bradford are unbeaten and in second place in League One right now. I can't speak for everybody, but I remember there wasn't much enthusiasm when he was linked with us in the summer. I'm still pro-Lennon, but does anyone think he might've fared better so far?
    We have only lost one league game since the season started and are currently sitting second in our league. We should be top, but we're not....not yet anyway. As long as we are top of the league come next April then Lennon will have done the job he was employed to do. Who knows, McCall might have had us 4 or 5 points clear at the top in early October but maybe not. IMO it is still far too early in the season to be making any accurate assessment of Neil Lennon's tenure as manager of Hibs. We are definitely going though a bad patch at the moment but his job is to get us out of it and solve the problems we have. We are still strong favourites with the bookies to win this league and we have to put our trust in the management team and the players to ensure that the bookies once again have called it correctly.

John Hughes

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)
    vCash
    FFs, thought we'd seen the back of 'manager out' threads for the foreseeable future. Jumping the gun a wee bit don't you think?

Bounce Flag Co-Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    603 Post(s)
    vCash
    Is it January already?

Sent by telepathy.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    374 Post(s)
    vCash
    Bit too early in the season for me for saying he's the wrong man! We've only lost 4 competitive games this season, 1 against a European team we all realistically thought we would get pumped off twice, 2 in cups that were not very high on our list off priorities this season, hence the changes made to the starting line ups, although we should've still had enough about us too win and only 1 loss in the league after 8 games that we probably wouldn't have lost if Bartley never got wrongly sent off. Mental folk want change already we would just end up falling further and further adrift with the turmoil! Win this weekend and qots drop points we go back too and it's all roses again!
    footnall might not be pretty this season but I don't care as long as we win this league at the end off it

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    107 Post(s)
    vCash
    After a good start we have gone off the boil and if we are still struggling by the 1st Jan then questions need to be asked but people need to get a grip of themselves at the moment!

Baldy radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    790 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by London Bouncer View Post
    The only reason there little enthusiasm was due to him.having played for Rangers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    949 Post(s)
    vCash
    Its been mooted on the thread that he's as high a calibre of manager we could get.

I wholly disagree with that. Money talks and bull$#@! walks. Its a very nice wedge at Hibernian, make no mistake about it.

The small band of Hibbys horrified at his appointment would have been a whole lot bigger had the auld lady no come home in may!

His record at sellick means nothing. Yep he did pretty well once or twice in the champs league. The difference between celtic and enverybody else put together is huge. His record as manager of Bolton was awful (yep, even taking in the fact that Bolton were a basket case).

Im no into him in the slightest, but was high on life in May and Hibernian have a large slice of good will for that win in May. Im desparate for him to be a success at Hibernian (but it still nags me that he's no aw that bothered - hopefully this is not the case), but we have had 3/4 really off days in a relatively short time. Lennon doesnae get pass marks to date.....

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6483 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    Its been mooted on the thread that he's as high a calibre of manager we could get.

I wholly disagree with that. Money talks and bull$#@! walks. Its a very nice wedge at Hibernian, make no mistake about it.

The small band of Hibbys horrified at his appointment would have been a whole lot bigger had the auld lady no come home in may!

His record at sellick means nothing. Yep he did pretty well once or twice in the champs league. The difference between celtic and enverybody else put together is huge. His record as manager of Bolton was awful (yep, even taking in the fact that Bolton were a basket case).

Im no into him in the slightest, but was high on life in May and Hibernian have a large slice of good will for that win in May. Im desparate for him to be a success at Hibernian (but it still nags me that he's no aw that bothered - hopefully this is not the case), but we have had 3/4 really off days in a relatively short time. Lennon doesnae get pass marks to date.....
    I'm not enjoying agreeing with you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    373 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post

I can't see how his record at Celtic means nothing? If that's the case then his record at Bolton means nowt also as he was doomed to failure anyway?

I absolutely get your points and can understand your take on NL. Like you I just want him to be a success this season which means we will get promoted.

As the manager he has to take responsibility but personally I am pointing the fingers at the players. I can't recall one game this season, league or cup, NL has put out a team, or formation, that has not been capable of beating the opposition. In my opinion, some players have played poorly or failed to execute the plan. Hanlon LB, Foster CH is irrelevant when both Dundee Utd and St Mirren make 4 chances between them and score 3. the players are not doing their jobs, end of.

The cup defeats in many ways have been unacceptable but the real business stuff has seen us lose only one in eight. Yes displays have been concerning and unconvincing but we were never going to stroll the league ( I still think we will win it by 10 points or there about).

As much as I am willing to support NL I understand his doubters, that said it is months too early to say he is not the guy to get Hibs promoted. Let's remember, that is the sole reason LD and RP appointed him, forget flair and winning by several goals a week, let's just win the league.

Rock n' Roll Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    407 Post(s)
    vCash
    League Stats: 5 wins, 1 loss, 2 draws. Frankly the League & Irn Bru Cups were totally irrelevant this season.

The loss was a poor one, but was partly due to a poor refereeing decision. The draw away to Queen of the South was a decent point giving the weather and Lewis Stevenson's stupid second yellow. The draw against Dundee United was poor.

So overall it's a reasonable start in the league, but there is undoubtedly concern over this inability to kill teams off which has crept into the last few games.

Next weekend is a massive game, and a must win. It's far too early to be calling for Lennon to leave or saying that he's not the right man. The priority in the first half of this season is to take control of this league, we can certainly still do that. Every team in this league will take points from each other, but I still feel over the course we are good enough to win the division.
    We wanna be free, we wanna be free to do what we wanna do, and we wanna get loaded, and we wanna have a good time... That's what we're gonna do

GoGO Back To Forum