Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Just back and that was turgid $#@!e...

Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5539 Post(s)
    vCash

Just back and that was turgid $#@!e...

Driving home listening to Neil Lennon blame his players made me laugh, this man does not know his team, never mind his best one. We are horrible to watch, I feel I have been passed to death, we are as limp as Ron Jeremy's boaby after 12 hours filming, the goalie to centre half to hoof is eye bleedingly pish, the wee single striker, the ineffective out of position wingers, the best centre half playing left back, the best left back on the bench, our only real goal threat getting twenty minutes, Marvin Bartley as the first change at home to St Mirren, who I cannae even compliment as other than Stevie Mallen, they are $#@!e too.

To come on and blame his players, ok as well as himself a wee bit is ridiculous though. Simply stop pissing about with formations, trying things out, delaying substitutions, playing players out of position and thinking your Pep Guardiola, you are not and will never be pal. Its a shambles, the goalie too casual, the centre halfs incapable of doing anything with the out ball from the keeper, the only one capable of it is played at left back, Shinnie is as strong as a wet paper bag, I have had boils on my arse do more for Hibs than Boyle did today, Alex Harris cannae expect to perform for 15 minutes, its 90 minutes ya jessie. Dylan a shadow of himself, leaving us with a one man midfield. Keats trying his best up front, half a sitter aside, he and Fyvie, like Gray who got little service are excused, McGregor just about too as he did ok but cannae pass water, just hoofs it. I thought Forster was gash, sorry, he was, Hanlon is useless at left back, and to bring on Bartley at home at 1-1, well that was stupidity. Why sign Graham if he gets the odd ten minutes, or nae minutes when that huddy Holt comes on and lumbers about like me in a too tight strip (I am 50 and past my prime on the football field).

For me our best team includes Paul Hanlon as the leader in the middle of defence beside Darren McGregor, it means Gray and Stevenson, it means McGeouch, McGinn, Fyvie and I think the consistently decent Keatings, it means Cummings upfront with either Holt or Graham, it means shooting when we can, it means scoring, it means entertaining. We are doing none of those, we are turgid. Lennon, his coaches, his selections and his indecisiveness are destroying the enormous goodwill earned when we won the cup. I have no doubt as to your ability Neil, I admire your passion, I think you are a well read, clever man who tries to speak well and intelligently. But your current Hibs team is NOT GOOD ENOUGH. I repeat NOT GOOD ENOUGH. 10,000 Hibs fans down on last week tells you every ting you need to know.

The Team

Marchiano - Sloppy at the first goal, caused or partly coaused teh second goal. Drop him for Laidlaw, let him know you have to concentrate to keep your place.

Gray - Captain of the Scottish Cup Winning Hibernian FC in 2016 and scorer of that winning goal, the poster of his celebration I bought in the club shop today, was fine today, when he did actually receive a pass.

McGregor was our best defender and misses his pal Paul beside him.

Forster is the best header of a ball at Easter Road. That is about it today though.

Hanlon is a great centre half, he is no left back. Get Lewis back immediately ad put Paul back where is is by far the best.

Fyvie is Hibs best player at the moment, he never stops trying and gives his all for our club.

McGeouch is off his game a bit, although had his raking 25 yarder not hit the post but went in, my summary may have been a little harsher, but only a little and turgid is turgid.

Shinnie, well Shinniesta my arse, he was hopeless and should have been hooked long before he finally was. Another wet paper bag of a player.

Harris took a half hour to join us, scored a good goal, showed pockets of the old Alex Harris but is another wet paper bag, which is a crying shame as his a good player with no confidence.
    1!
    Boyle, his missus is better than him and someone suggested today she has more balls when it comes to a challenge. Ohhya.

Keatings actually played very well first half, but vanished second, a 5 foot 6 inch striker playing up there on his own was never going to work, but I genuinely felt sorry for the guy, he never stopped trying.

The Subs

Bartley for Shinnie, with 20 to go, well Shinnie was useless, as was Bartley, so they cancel each other out.

Cummings for Boyle, with 20 to go, too little too late Lennon.

Holt for Harris, last 5 or so, again too little too late although I would have had Holt, Jase and Graham last 20 and tried to save the game.

The referee is $#@!ing useless, Gollum and the Hobbit Mallan ran the game, he is al l about himself, why anyone would wish to draw attention to himself when is $#@!ing useless is beyond me. Not that I blame him in the slightest for the most turgid $#@! I have seen off Hibs since the Blobby Williamson days.

I though St Mirren were total $#@!e too, which tells you all you need to know about Hibs.

10000 Hibs fans who were there last week chose not to go this week, I wish I had their benefit of foresight!.

My man of the match was Fraser Fyvie, only Darren McGregor came close for Hibs.

Next week, we are away to Raith Rovers. A tough one. I am missing the game, as I am off to Rome to see Papa Frank to pray for us, because whilst I am not particularly religious, by Sauzee, we need devine intervention if we are to get out of this god forsaken position we are in. SKII will be doing his normal excellent stand in coverage, hopefully reporting on a Hibs victory?

What now hibs, what now?
    nil satis nisi optimum

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    134 Post(s)
    vCash
    Should have stopped at the title and saved a lot of typing!

Complete pish - beginning to think that of the manager too - time he took responsibility and stopped blaming every Canute else!

Capital Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1607 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Driving home listening to Neil Lennon blame his players made me laugh, this man does not know his team, never mind his best one. We are horrible to watch, I feel I have been passed to death, we are as limp as Ron Jeremy's boaby after 12 hours filming, the goalie to centre half to hoof is eye bleedingly pish, the wee single striker, the ineffective out of position wingers, the best centre half playing left back, the best left back on the bench, our only real goal threat getting twenty minutes, Marvin Bartley as the first change at home to St Mirren, who I cannae even compliment as other than Stevie Mallen, they are $#@!e too.

To come on and blame his players, ok as well as himself a wee bit is ridiculous though. Simply stop pissing about with formations, trying things out, delaying substitutions, playing players out of position and thinking your Pep Guardiola, you are not and will never be pal. Its a shambles, the goalie too casual, the centre halfs incapable of doing anything with the out ball from the keeper, the only one capable of it is played at left back, Shinnie is as strong as a wet paper bag, I have had boils on my arse do more for Hibs than Boyle did today, Alex Harris cannae expect to perform for 15 minutes, its 90 minutes ya jessie. Dylan a shadow of himself, leaving us with a one man midfield. Keats trying his best up front, half a sitter aside, he and Fyvie, like Gray who got little service are excused, McGregor just about too as he did ok but cannae pass water, just hoofs it. I thought Forster was gash, sorry, he was, Hanlon is useless at left back, and to bring on Bartley at home at 1-1, well that was stupidity. Why sign Graham if he gets the odd ten minutes, or nae minutes when that huddy Holt comes on and lumbers about like me in a too tight strip (I am 50 and past my prime on the football field).

For me our best team includes Paul Hanlon as the leader in the middle of defence beside Darren McGregor, it means Gray and Stevenson, it means McGeouch, McGinn, Fyvie and I think the consistently decent Keatings, it means Cummings upfront with either Holt or Graham, it means shooting when we can, it means scoring, it means entertaining. We are doing none of those, we are turgid. Lennon, his coaches, his selections and his indecisiveness are destroying the enormous goodwill earned when we won the cup. I have no doubt as to your ability Neil, I admire your passion, I think you are a well read, clever man who tries to speak well and intelligently. But your current Hibs team is NOT GOOD ENOUGH. I repeat NOT GOOD ENOUGH. 10,000 Hibs fans down on last week tells you every ting you need to know.

The Team

Marchiano - Sloppy at the first goal, caused or partly coaused teh second goal. Drop him for Laidlaw, let him know you have to concentrate to keep your place.

Gray - Captain of the Scottish Cup Winning Hibernian FC in 2016 and scorer of that winning goal, the poster of his celebration I bought in the club shop today, was fine today, when he did actually receive a pass.

McGregor was our best defender and misses his pal Paul beside him.

Forster is the best header of a ball at Easter Road. That is about it today though.

Hanlon is a great centre half, he is no left back. Get Lewis back immediately ad put Paul back where is is by far the best.

Fyvie is Hibs best player at the moment, he never stops trying and gives his all for our club.

McGeouch is off his game a bit, although had his raking 25 yarder not hit the post but went in, my summary may have been a little harsher, but only a little and turgid is turgid.

Shinnie, well Shinniesta my arse, he was hopeless and should have been hooked long before he finally was. Another wet paper bag of a player.

Harris took a half hour to join us, scored a good goal, showed pockets of the old Alex Harris but is another wet paper bag, which is a crying shame as his a good player with no confidence.
    1!
    Boyle, his missus is better than him and someone suggested today she has more balls when it comes to a challenge. Ohhya.

Keatings actually played very well first half, but vanished second, a 5 foot 6 inch striker playing up there on his own was never going to work, but I genuinely felt sorry for the guy, he never stopped trying.

The Subs

Bartley for Shinnie, with 20 to go, well Shinnie was useless, as was Bartley, so they cancel each other out.

Cummings for Boyle, with 20 to go, too little too late Lennon.

Holt for Harris, last 5 or so, again too little too late although I would have had Holt, Jase and Graham last 20 and tried to save the game.

The referee is $#@!ing useless, Gollum and the Hobbit Mallan ran the game, he is al l about himself, why anyone would wish to draw attention to himself when is $#@!ing useless is beyond me. Not that I blame him in the slightest for the most turgid $#@! I have seen off Hibs since the Blobby Williamson days.

I though St Mirren were total $#@!e too, which tells you all you need to know about Hibs.

10000 Hibs fans who were there last week chose not to go this week, I wish I had their benefit of foresight!.

My man of the match was Fraser Fyvie, only Darren McGregor came close for Hibs.

Next week, we are away to Raith Rovers. A tough one. I am missing the game, as I am off to Rome to see Papa Frank to pray for us, because whilst I am not particularly religious, by Sauzee, we need devine intervention if we are to get out of this god forsaken position we are in. SKII will be doing his normal excellent stand in coverage, hopefully reporting on a Hibs victory?

What now hibs, what now?

Not an excuse but their second goal was it offside and what aboot Forster sitter from Seven yards oot.
    "THE HIBEES FAMILY"

Radge Monthly Contributor

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    93 Post(s)
    vCash
    Chose to work today instead of going to the game but from what I heard we were as bad as your report makes out.

For what it's worth I think we'll go out and hammer raith next week cause its the hibs way to be that consistantly inconsistant. Hopefully play well too cause we could do with a few thousand coming up to dunfermline the week after.

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    156 Post(s)
    vCash
    Luckily for us the teams in the league this year will cut each other's throats and nobody will run away with it. I still think we'll win the league (more blind faith and fear of considering the alternative than a vote of confidence in the manager tho). Lennon for me has already lost interest in the Hibs job and more than a few alarm bells are ringing.

To today's game, can be summed up in a few words...same old $#@!e. Dreadful to watch, any of the link between fans and the support is being eroded week by week watching us pass the ball to death with no cutting edge. We used to create chances and miss them..we're not consistently doing that now and the opposition blue print for ER must be the easiest tactical plan of the season for opposition managers.

Lennon's laissez faire recruitment this season is already costing us..IMO it was a ruinous transfer window and will haunt us as the season progresses. The forward options are $#@!e..and we still have no width, pace or urgency.

Today was absolutely $#@!e..totally unacceptable performance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    84 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875 View Post
    Driving home listening to Neil Lennon blame his players made me laugh, this man does not know his team, never mind his best one. We are horrible to watch, I feel I have been passed to death, we are as limp as Ron Jeremy's boaby after 12 hours filming, the goalie to centre half to hoof is eye bleedingly pish, the wee single striker, the ineffective out of position wingers, the best centre half playing left back, the best left back on the bench, our only real goal threat getting twenty minutes, Marvin Bartley as the first change at home to St Mirren, who I cannae even compliment as other than Stevie Mallen, they are $#@!e too.To come on and blame his players, ok as well as himself a wee bit is ridiculous though. Simply stop pissing about with formations, trying things out, delaying substitutions, playing players out of position and thinking your Pep Guardiola, you are not and will never be pal. Its a shambles, the goalie too casual, the centre halfs incapable of doing anything with the out ball from the keeper, the only one capable of it is played at left back, Shinnie is as strong as a wet paper bag, I have had boils on my arse do more for Hibs than Boyle did today, Alex Harris cannae expect to perform for 15 minutes, its 90 minutes ya jessie. Dylan a shadow of himself, leaving us with a one man midfield. Keats trying his best up front, half a sitter aside, he and Fyvie, like Gray who got little service are excused, McGregor just about too as he did ok but cannae pass water, just hoofs it. I thought Forster was gash, sorry, he was, Hanlon is useless at left back, and to bring on Bartley at home at 1-1, well that was stupidity. Why sign Graham if he gets the odd ten minutes, or nae minutes when that huddy Holt comes on and lumbers about like me in a too tight strip (I am 50 and past my prime on the football field).For me our best team includes Paul Hanlon as the leader in the middle of defence beside Darren McGregor, it means Gray and Stevenson, it means McGeouch, McGinn, Fyvie and I think the consistently decent Keatings, it means Cummings upfront with either Holt or Graham, it means shooting when we can, it means scoring, it means entertaining. We are doing none of those, we are turgid. Lennon, his coaches, his selections and his indecisiveness are destroying the enormous goodwill earned when we won the cup. I have no doubt as to your ability Neil, I admire your passion, I think you are a well read, clever man who tries to speak well and intelligently. But your current Hibs team is NOT GOOD ENOUGH. I repeat NOT GOOD ENOUGH. 10,000 Hibs fans down on last week tells you every ting you need to know.The TeamMarchiano - Sloppy at the first goal, caused or partly coaused teh second goal. Drop him for Laidlaw, let him know you have to concentrate to keep your place.Gray - Captain of the Scottish Cup Winning Hibernian FC in 2016 and scorer of that winning goal, the poster of his celebration I bought in the club shop today, was fine today, when he did actually receive a pass.McGregor was our best defender and misses his pal Paul beside him.Forster is the best header of a ball at Easter Road. That is about it today though.Hanlon is a great centre half, he is no left back. Get Lewis back immediately ad put Paul back where is is by far the best.Fyvie is Hibs best player at the moment, he never stops trying and gives his all for our club.McGeouch is off his game a bit, although had his raking 25 yarder not hit the post but went in, my summary may have been a little harsher, but only a little and turgid is turgid.Shinnie, well Shinniesta my arse, he was hopeless and should have been hooked long before he finally was. Another wet paper bag of a player.Harris took a half hour to join us, scored a good goal, showed pockets of the old Alex Harris but is another wet paper bag, which is a crying shame as his a good player with no confidence.1!Boyle, his missus is better than him and someone suggested today she has more balls when it comes to a challenge. Ohhya.Keatings actually played very well first half, but vanished second, a 5 foot 6 inch striker playing up there on his own was never going to work, but I genuinely felt sorry for the guy, he never stopped trying.The SubsBartley for Shinnie, with 20 to go, well Shinnie was useless, as was Bartley, so they cancel each other out.Cummings for Boyle, with 20 to go, too little too late Lennon.Holt for Harris, last 5 or so, again too little too late although I would have had Holt, Jase and Graham last 20 and tried to save the game. The referee is $#@!ing useless, Gollum and the Hobbit Mallan ran the game, he is al l about himself, why anyone would wish to draw attention to himself when is $#@!ing useless is beyond me. Not that I blame him in the slightest for the most turgid $#@! I have seen off Hibs since the Blobby Williamson days.I though St Mirren were total $#@!e too, which tells you all you need to know about Hibs.10000 Hibs fans who were there last week chose not to go this week, I wish I had their benefit of foresight!. My man of the match was Fraser Fyvie, only Darren McGregor came close for Hibs.Next week, we are away to Raith Rovers. A tough one. I am missing the game, as I am off to Rome to see Papa Frank to pray for us, because whilst I am not particularly religious, by Sauzee, we need devine intervention if we are to get out of this god forsaken position we are in. SKII will be doing his normal excellent stand in coverage, hopefully reporting on a Hibs victory?What now hibs, what now?
    First of all, I agree with most of that. I thought Harris was good for longer than 15 mins. Fyvie was my man of the match, with Keatings a close second. They give their all.When Lennon was appointed manager I was pilloried for having the audacity to suggest his 'high profile' was not all due to his managerial achievements. I acknowledged his Europe run with Celtic. Since then, I have read numerous contributors criticise him ( many who seemed to think he was the Second Coming). I have seen Hibs play really well eg Morton and really poorly eg today. I do not have a magic solution. If I could ask Lennon one question it would be, "Why is Crane not getting a chance, especially when Lewis was suspended? Hanlon is a superb CH, but not a LB". For some reason, I still believe Hibs might get out of this league ( and I'm a pessimist!), but have never believed we would 'skoosh' it. When have Hibs skooshed anything? I'm hoping this is our 'bad run', which happens to every team. I've no,idea why McGinn and McGeough are not playing well. We miss Henderson. Whilst I have wondered about some of Lennon's selections / substitutions and formations, I shall 'wait and see'.

Radge Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    vCash
    Has Marciano been instructed to play it out to the centre backs? Remember Collins preferred that to booting down the park and wonder if Lennon the same. Problem being there were a few times today a boot down the park was needed

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    45 Post(s)
    vCash
    Where is the urgency????
    The League is the priority for us this season I know, but surely players want to win every game they play?! Well that is not what it looks like to me. The lack of movement off the ball is terrible!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doonhamer Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    383 Post(s)
    vCash
    A very worrying report M.Thanks for your report was working sounds like I was the lucky one.
    Lennon talks the talk but so far is not walking the walk.
    Time to go back to basics and stop the tinkerman stuff.

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2461 Post(s)
    vCash
    Thanks for the report...depressing though it was to read.
    Glad I didn't go to the game today but I can just imagine how bad it was...we have been poor at Easter Road so far this season with the exception of the Bondby game and the Morton game. With the exceptional crowds we have been getting we deserve much, much better.
    I don't like these Mickey Mouse cup tournaments, but the players should have put on a far better performance for the fans who did make the effort to go. Victory at Kirkcaldy next Saturday a must IMO.
    "I can't stress enough how important it is to be in possession of the football - it is better to be the matador rather than the bull"

John Hughes

Radge Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    784 Post(s)
    vCash
    Agree with all but Harris, needs sorted Lennon. ST Mirren are absolutely rank btw.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    375 Post(s)
    vCash
    Cheers again for the report, certainly wasn't enjoyable or entertaining in the slightest. Something in that team needs to change and change quickly cause right now we are simply not good enough and are going to struggle to enliven finish 2nd/3rd if we don't start uping our game

Quite a bit past it radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6340 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by C4MMY View Post
    Cheers again for the report, certainly wasn't enjoyable or entertaining in the slightest.
    Bit harsh mate. He does his best, and it's miles better than the garbage "written" by Radar and his mates.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    vCash

SAD

That was dire we didn't look like winning even when we went 1 nil up against a crap St mirren side at least their subs made sense which is more than can be said about lennons to little to late, we need to get this sorted out sooner rather than later or the support will start to disappear we are paying premier league prices and getting short changed on the playing field it's time for the players and management to step up to the mark

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    77 Post(s)
    vCash
    I never thought that Hibs could ever be as bad as we were under TB but I am not so sure now. I have no confidence in Lennon's managerial ability to get the best out of a squad whigh should be winning this league in a canter. We have gone from a team which was good to watch and effective for the most part to one which is boring, pedestrian and looks incapable of scorange more than one goal a game.
    Frustrated- you can bet your life I am. 🤔🤔

GoGO Back To Forum