Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Happy 114 Day Anniversary, Hibees!

I Was There And Went Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    884 Post(s)
    vCash

Happy 114 Day Anniversary, Hibees!

114 days since we last won the Scottish Cup... we've not even won a game in that competition since! When are we ever going to end this hoodoo?!

It was always said that the party we'd have when we won the Cup would be unbelievable.

So, since it's the 114th day anniversary I thought I'd ask: did the party in the pubs in Leith on the Saturday night, the parade, the subsequent party at Leith Links, the pubs of Leith on the Sunday night etc match/not live up to/surpass the expectations you had of what would happen when we won it?
    Seems like there's a hole in my dreams, or so it seems

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    102 Post(s)
    vCash
    The actual night out itself on the Saturday didn't for me, but I guess I never really realised how overwhelmed/tired I'd feel seeing that game unfold. The parade on the Sunday more than made up for it though.

Radge Monthly Contributor

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    vCash

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    379 Post(s)
    vCash
    Probably the best 3 days partying/bender I've had! Was a strange one always thought 'wonder how good the party will be if we ever win this' but when it came too it don't think I could actually explain how good it was!

Easy Now Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2086 Post(s)
    vCash
    On the Sat night I left the pub earlyish as I was emotionally drained. In fact I was totally spent and just wanted to go home and watch it all again in peace.

The Sunday was beautiful. Just beautiful.

I've been on a high ever since. Feel so good I've even given up smoking and my Hibeehigh is making the task a dawdle. Huzzah!

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2504 Post(s)
    vCash
    Didn't have a drink all day until about 9.00 on the Saturday night as I went through with my brother in his car along with his two sons. Got back home, had something to eat then went up to the Artisan which was packed out and bouncing. Met up with a few drunken mates and their families inside and stayed till closing time. Brilliant atmosphere. Next day met up with my sister and my niece and nephew in the Jolly Restaurant in Leith Walk before we all walked down to the junction with Pilrig Street. When the bus came down we followed it down Leith Walk then took a short-cut across to Leith Links where we stayed for a couple of hours celebrating with the fans and team. Easily the best week-end of my life.
    Last edited by Greenmachine; 12-09-16 at 22:21.
    "I can't stress enough how important it is to be in possession of the football - it is better to be the matador rather than the bull"

John Hughes

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4280 Post(s)
    vCash
    One of the worst days in my life .... said party boy!

I had a trapped nerve in my back the pain was just $#@!.

On Bounce bus 2, demoted from the semi, me and my harem made it to booze central. I was in so much pain I couldn't even drink properly! Not even a few Jager Bombs could get me in the mood ... for more than a couple of minutes!

I endured the pain, physical and mental, throughout the match snatching a wee seat now and then. The 90 seconds between goal and cup winners was like something ethereal.

I couldn't have invaded the pitch if my life depended on it.

I wanted to celebrate but I was among the walking dead.

The walk to the bus was purgatory, the trip along the M8 a slow and crippling death. We got to the Harp and it was all that was left of me to walk the few yards home.

I collapsed on the couch.

I could hear the celebrations.

I couldn't move.

Next day I hauled myself to the Fit o The Walk and then Leith Links within a baws hair of crippledom. MASSIVE.

I met my future son in law. But that's another story.

To be honest it's not what I had in mind when we won the cup!
    Space to let

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4462 Post(s)
    vCash
    A few beers on Friday night, up early and stressing about his numbers/will the bus arrive, leaving portobello late-ish stress about making kick off. Saw a few buses getting pulled so stress about the huge quantities of peeve freely available on board.

Get to Hamden early and go through the emotional roller coaster and party home

Get back to leith (via gorgie) and I really am a shell, totally spent. Struggle to hold conversations beyond '$#@! sake man' or ' jeezo' eventually have to bail about 11 to get some peace and space.

The walk down leith walk was something else, you all know, you all saw it.

Sunday insane and full of happiness, the Scottish Cup from the kirkgate is a wee personal ambition to be ticked off the list.

Still buzzing from it, the Stevenson party last week was the wee booster injection.

Good times, good times

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    327 Post(s)
    vCash
    There hasn't been a single one of those 114 days when I haven't thought about , sung about or watched footage from it.

I will never ever ask The Footballing Gods for a favour ever again. Multiple multiple kicks in the teeth they've dealt me and mine in two different countries, all debts paid off with that one day.

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4726 Post(s)
    vCash
    114 days that have been the happiest sustained period in my Hibs supporting days. Aye, we've had good teams in the past...and good periods of time where being a Hibee has been an absolute joy...but this is something else. I look at the players and they have changed. They will never be the same again. Not just in terms of their legendary status but in the way they carry themselves. The way they are embracing the power this win has given them. Our club has changed. We, as fans, have changed.

I have attended my every Scottish Cup Final sober as a judge because I promised myself that, should the mighty day ever happen in my lifetime, I would be completely exposed to the magnitude of the emotion of it all, not numbed or with the edge taken off by alcohol. The more disappointments we have endured, the more determined I was to get "the full effect" of it all when it finally came to pass. I am so glad I did. I don't think there will be another high like this ever again in my lifetime and it still feels like yesterday. Indeed, I watched the Sky potted highlights again yesterday. This time I kept a wee eye on my new fancy fitness watch and - at the risk of sounding like yon Jack felly - I watched as my heart rate still went up and down with the rollercoaster of the match. Even though I know how the story ends. Even though I know the scary, inevitably sad bit after Halliday scored was going to be rectified. It's still THAT raw and real.

The celebrations on the evening of the game revolved around champagne I had put in the fridge in the morning before we left for Glasgow. Champagne I had kept over from a well timed special birthday at the start of the year. Champagne that accompanied rewatching the game over and over again before sleep finally called...for all of three hours. I woke bolt upright at 4.30am on the Sunday and couldn't get back to sleep. Creeping down the stairs to put on the kettle and Sky again. The eldest laddie reappeared from the all-night Leith celebrations around 8am and fell asleep on the couch - before doing so only stopping to ask me to make sure I woke him in time for the parade.

Sunday was a heady day spent celebrating on the Champs de Leithy and then the Links. Monday, I had the honour of meeting Stokesy on Easter Road and the privilege of saying thank you.

For me, the trip to Brondby was almost as good. It benefitted from the after glow and confidence of May 21st. It was truly a magnificent trip. Those of us who were lucky enough to enjoy it were given second helpings - Hibs winning an away game in Europe against the odds. Sir David obliging, yet again. Just thinking about it has the heart soaring again. I didn't think anything would ever top Anderlecht away for me. I was wrong.

I can't wait for our SCF 2K16 Outside the Box tomorrow in preparation for the Cup Final DVD coming out later in the month.
    Hibs are standing on the brink of history...

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    102 Post(s)
    vCash
    Copenhagen was utterly incredible. Granted it was my first trip abroad with Hibs, but the buzz of a thousand plus Hibees going, having just seen us win the Scottish Cup, fantastic.

get off yer bum an sing radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2208 Post(s)
    vCash
    Always thought I would spend night in a pub, whilst wishing there was a street party. Well turns out there were plenty folk just outside Robbies and in the side street so spent whole night there, saving a fortune not paying pub prices (yep Im a cheapskate) Plenty singing and nice cool evening. Copenhagen seemed like round 2 and had a great time there, particularly the night before the game and the gathering then walk to the trains.

Not even going to try to recreate these events, but things usually happen spontaneously some times, and who knows we might have more to celebrate this season

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4462 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SKII View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For me, the trip to Brondby was almost as good. It benefitted from the after glow and confidence of May 21st. It was truly a magnificent trip. Those of us who were lucky enough to enjoy it were given second helpings - Hibs winning an away game in Europe against the odds. Sir David obliging, yet again. Just thinking about it has the heart soaring again. I didn't think anything would ever top Anderlecht away for me. I was wrong.
    It was pretty special.The Sir David Gray mosh pit was amazing.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    379 Post(s)
    vCash
    Canny be the only one that still gets a cold shiver and goosebumps every time I think/see/hear about this weekend?

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by southfieldhibby View Post
    A few beers on Friday night, up early and stressing about his numbers/will the bus arrive, leaving portobello late-ish stress about making kick off. Saw a few buses getting pulled so stress about the huge quantities of peeve freely available on board.

Get to Hamden early and go through the emotional roller coaster and party home

Get back to leith (via gorgie) and I really am a shell, totally spent. Struggle to hold conversations beyond '$#@! sake man' or ' jeezo' eventually have to bail about 11 to get some peace and space.

The walk down leith walk was something else, you all know, you all saw it.

Sunday insane and full of happiness, the Scottish Cup from the kirkgate is a wee personal ambition to be ticked off the list.

Still buzzing from it, the Stevenson party last week was the wee booster injection.

Good times, good times
    amazing times, some scenes in your shop on sunday lunchtime before the parade..lucky no one came in lookin for a holiday!

still not really calmed down
    until the sky turns green

Easy Now Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2086 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by C4MMY View Post
    Canny be the only one that still gets a cold shiver and goosebumps every time I think/see/hear about this weekend?
    Oral herpes that

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    379 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beefy View Post
    Oral herpes that

left the door wide open for that one eh 😂

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3577 Post(s)
    vCash
    I started out with nothing and i`ve still got most of it left.

" Without people, you`re nothing.." - Joe Strummer.

GoGO Back To Forum