Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just back and we strolled through the thugs...

Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5699 Post(s)
    vCash

Just back and we strolled through the thugs...

No quite Just Back as I had to cook tea for my wife and oldest laddie who were both working today and “starving”!

Hibernian today showed why we will win this league, for the first 15 minutes we are under a bit f pressure, lost a goal and looked a tad wobbly. By half time, we were out of site after 25 minutes of footballing pleasure. The pleasure being that of the Hibs fans, who oohed and ahhhhd their way through the best brand of football yet again.

James Keatings kept his place in a front three with Jase and Dom, Fontaine dropped out for McGregor and Farid El Aligui was back on the bench again.

Once again I will start by talking about the Hibernian support, they mentioned our numbers in the ground, I didnae hear, but it looked a kick in the arse off 2000 Hibs fans in a decent crowd, who backed the team and enjoyed a good day out in the $#@!e pipe that is Paisley.

James Keatings scored 3, his sweet volley being the pick of the three, and Jason scored for his seventh game in a row, it’s what he does. The enigma that is Dom, who should score more and leave the dummy at home, Paul Hanlon and Darren McGregor gave a masterclass after a dodgy start, Fraser Fyvie gave a wonderful 75 minutes before tiring and Liam Henderson started slow and got better and better as the game went on. Then there is the magnificent specimen of a ball player, John McGinn. Lets not forget our fullbacks, and the goalie, three players who are the core of our team.

Then there is Alan Stubbs, and his capable assistants, they know this game, they play it well, they have that special thing, it’s like a Christmas advert, it’s the essence of Hibernian.

The players

Mark Oxley is excellent, ok punters want him to catch the ball, it was a dreich, miserable day on a wet pitch if he is happier punching, punch away son.

David Gray was very good again, he is a fine captain.

Darren McGregor was back in and to be honest e flapped a little for the first 20, but went on to have a smashing game, Daz is a proper centre half, and a Hibs man.

Paul Hanlon was once again outstanding, like his fellow Hibby, Darren McGregor, he wobbled sat the start, but by Sauzee, he went on to have a fantastic game.

Lewis Stevenson was excellent again he defended well and got forward at every occasion. Hard as nails when he needs to be to.

Fraser Fyvie was brilliant for an hour, he tired, neither wonder, what a power of work this laddie puts into a game. Hard as nails too.

John McGinn was as graceful and skilful as this laddie wants to be. The rednecks of Paisley booed him, Goodwin and a couple of other striped fuds tried to kick him, John sailed past them as if they were not there, when they kicked him he bounced back up. Jon plays with a smile on his face, he likes playing for our team. Magical.

Liam Henderson started poorly, by the end of the game he was shining like the star he can be. He noised that $#@!ing arsehole Goodwin up to the extent that when the game finished the grey haired never has been would not shake Liam’s hand. Nae loss there Liam. His pass from the free kick for Keatings first was very intelligent and well executed.

James Keatings used be a Gunt but he is alright now and with three goals for Hibernian today, coupled with a very good hour of football, he is most certainly one of us now.. Great performance son and stunning second goal.

Jason did what Jason does he scored a goal and worked for that ball and break right up to when he was taken off. Another one who was one of them and is now clearly enjoys playing for Hibs.

Malonga – He played very well in parts, should have scored twice but spoiled the lot by his disgraceful behaviour after the penalty was given. Lewis won the penalty, James Keatings on two already, grabbed the ball, Dom tried to wrestle it off him, David Gray stepped in and clearly told Dom, it was James penalty for his hatrick, Dom tried to grab the ball again. Keatings took it back and slotted it away. As Hibs players celebrated together, Malonga walked up the shy line alone, not celebrating with the team and was promptly subbed by Stubbsy. Dom, you play for Hibernian, not for yourself If you want to play for yourself, you are in the wrong game. Buck your ideas up pal, we are Hbernian FC, not you.

Subs

Fontaine came on for the fud Malonga, and did well.

Boyle came on for Keatings I think and other than a daft moment defending, he again did well and passed when he might have shot for a fifth.

We then brought on young Islam who again did bits and pieces and might have scored.

We have a luxury of choices, its great.

The Blessed Alan was once again smart in his choices, didnae panic and trusted his players. Alan is the new Tony Mowbray, plus his team have steel and can defend. I like what you are ding Mr Stubbs, I like it a lot.

For a second game in a row I give the ref pass marks, ok its only 51%, but whilst he should have sent that $#@! Goodwin off and at least one more of the cloggers in black and white he didnae lose control.

St Mirren are a pub team, I know some of you like Ihun, I never did, and him and $#@! Face in charge will ensure they kick their way through the lower divisions for years. Hoof and blooter may have been ok in your Hunnery years pal but its $#@! to watch and disnae work against proper football playing teams.

My man of the match isnae easy, it rarely is watching this Hibs team, there were probably two again? Paul Hanlon again or James Keatings for his hatrick. It has to be James for scoring three.

Ohhhh, James Keatings, you used to be a jambo, but you’re all right now.

Well won Hibs, very, very well won.

Tommy and Isabel, good eh?

Glory, Glory.
    nil satis nisi optimum

Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3185 Post(s)
    vCash
    Thanks M.
    Wasn't their today so it's good to read another top report.👏👏👏
    Dom apologised publicly on twitter to JK, fair enough, but you can't react like that on the park, just get on doing what you do Dom and you will score.
    It seems though that we have the talent and fight in abundance now, can't remember the last time I said that.
    Seems a real bond between the players
    Onwards and upwards GGTTH

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    317 Post(s)
    vCash
    Top reporting as usual M.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4441 Post(s)
    vCash
    I think calling Dom a fud is unfair.

Radge Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    817 Post(s)
    vCash
    Was a great game today and I agree with most of that. I thought Gray contributed to our early wobble though as Kelly for St Mirren (the only decent player I saw in thier squad) had him turned inside out at the start of the game. He did improve though.

Radge Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    130 Post(s)
    vCash
    Although we had a big support today we the fans seemed nervous of the banana skin that might've come via st. mirren, but we seemed to waken up when they scored ironically. Fans and team need to start off with a greater tempo. That said the reaction to going behind was brilliant.

St.Mirren are a team of hammer throwers, who tried to stop us by any means and got what they deserved. Actually I think they got off lightly, we might easily have scored three or four more.

Hibs are simply very good to watch at the moment.
    Erin Go Bragh

Maple Leaf Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    562 Post(s)
    vCash
    Enthusiasm and enjoyment coming through week on week!

Cheers, Mark.

Radge

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5699 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by southfieldhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think calling Dom a fud is unfair.
    M, his behavior was that of a fud, very, very out of order. He behaved like a fud, I will call him a fud, he was a fud.
    nil satis nisi optimum

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4441 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875 View Post
    M, his behavior was that of a fud, very, very out of order. He behaved like a fud, I will call him a fud, he was a fud.
    Well I disagree.

Radge

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5699 Post(s)
    vCash
    Well I disagree.
    M, did you go today?
    nil satis nisi optimum

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4441 Post(s)
    vCash
    M, did you go today?
    Aye mate

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2496 Post(s)
    vCash
    Thanks for the report..

I was somewhat anxious about todays game as it was our third tough challenge in six days...I guess being a Hibs fan for 44 years kind of makes you anxious, I needn't have been though. What a fantastic result that was today, probably the one this week that has given me the most satisfaction. Rangers struggled badly a few weeks ago against St Mirren to scrape a fortuitous 1-0 win thanks to a goalkeeping error..Hibs stuff them 4-1. Delighted for James Keatings whom I understand became the first post-war player to score a hat-trick for both Hearts and Hibs ?

In the space of 6 days we have beaten Rangers, Dundee United and St Mirren (a) scoring 9 and conceding 2. We have won 12 out of our last 13 games. That is an absolutely fantastic run of form and results...and yet we are still 5 points adrift from the leaders. Just keep the wins coming Hibs that's all we can do. The players and the management deserve every credit for the run we have had and long may it continue yet.

btw disappointed to hear about Malonga's petulance after the penalty award. As I have stated many times before I am a big admirer of Malonga as a player and I think he has superb natural ability, but when he starts all this sort of nonsense he by all accounts showed today it's easy to understand why he has never lasted long at any major club. He has to remember he is only one cog in a wheel. He is a very good player and I enjoy watching him play but at the end of the day it's Hibernian which matters before any individual player. Stubbs done the right thing taking him off and I would hope he would be told in no uncertain terms that the manager and the captain make the decisions when it comes to onfield matters.
    "I can't stress enough how important it is to be in possession of the football - it is better to be the matador rather than the bull"

John Hughes

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1276 Post(s)
    vCash
    He was a spoilt brat spitting his dummy. Deservedly hooked. Glad he put the dummy back in and apologised. Could have been really damaging to team morale. Its not been his first incident and it certainly won't be his last.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3978 Post(s)
    vCash
    Cheers for that Mark, was working all day so missed the game, so appreciate it sir 👏

Thanks also to @JFTB and Pugget for the score updates, nice yin guys 👍

Radge

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5699 Post(s)
    vCash
    Aye mate
    I am genuinely delighted to read that. And do you think Malongas behaviour was acceptable? I didn't, fitba is a team game and his petulance and specifically his huff after we scored was arsholishness of the first order, to the extent I understand he apologised on $#@!ter post match?
    nil satis nisi optimum

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4441 Post(s)
    vCash
    @Greenmachine Gordon Smith and Alan Gordon also scored hatricks for both

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2496 Post(s)
    vCash
    @Greenmachine Gordon Smith and Alan Gordon also scored hatricks for both
    Thanks...clearly I have been misinformed.
    No surprise that these two giants of Edinburgh football managed that feat.
    "I can't stress enough how important it is to be in possession of the football - it is better to be the matador rather than the bull"

John Hughes

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4441 Post(s)
    vCash
    I am genuinely delighted to read that. And do you think Malongas behaviour was acceptable? I didn't, fitba is a team game and his petulance and specifically his huff after we scored was arsholishness of the first order, to the extent I understand he apologised on $#@!ter post match?
    I assume Dom thought he was next up after Cummings for penalties, no doubt it's something pre arranged. He's a striker, he needs a degree of selfishness. He was annoyed and probably over reacted, but I think calling him a fud is unfair.

I like Dom, I like him a lot, and I thought the way he and Cummings split to allow Keatings to pretty much be the central role was terrific. Cummings all round play was also very much improved since I last saw him.

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4711 Post(s)
    vCash
    His behaviour was the one thing that took the shine off a very good outing (again).

I was more annoyed that, having argued the toss with one or two team mates who were trying to make sure Keats got his chance of a hat trick and having to be told to beggar off by his captain in no uncertain terms, he went off towards the half way line and stood midway between there and the 18 yard box while the kick was being taken. What if that had come back out and we needed players - our striker - to get in there first and net the rebound? It was petulant and childish. Selfish. Then to not celebrate at all when we scored and walk off on his own, even with such as McGinn and Hanlon trying to lift his mood, like proper professionals. No wonder he got hooked. There's no room for selfish, self-centred keech like that in this revival. I was fizzing at him.

Even more so that, having missed a shocker in front of goals in the second half, he got the full backing of the support who sang his name en masse to lift his spirits. It's not all about you, Dom. Dearie feckin me.
    Hibs are standing on the brink of history...

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4711 Post(s)
    vCash
    I like Dom, I like him a lot, and I thought the way he and Cummings split to allow Keatings to pretty much be the central role was terrific.
    Been the tactics for a few weeks now and is working well. Cummings is developing at a rate of knots at present. Keatings provides a real goal threat running through the middle - and has great movement and a bit of guile. Centre halves are not enjoying playing against this new combination.

Radge

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5699 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SKII View Post
    His behaviour was the one thing that took the shine off a very good outing (again).

I was more annoyed that, having argued the toss with one or two team mates who were trying to make sure Keats got his chance of a hat trick and having to be told to beggar off by his captain in no uncertain terms, he went off towards the half way line and stood midway between there and the 18 yard box while the kick was being taken. What if that had come back out and we needed players - our striker - to get in there first and net the rebound? It was petulant and childish. Selfish. Then to not celebrate at all when we scored and walk off on his own, even with such as McGinn and Hanlon trying to lift his mood, like proper professionals. No wonder he got hooked. There's no room for selfish, self-centred keech like that in this revival. I was fizzing at him.

Even more so that, having missed a shocker in front of goals in the second half, he got the full backing of the support who sang his name en masse to lift his spirits. It's not all about you, Dom. Dearie feckin me.
    This....fuddish behaviour for me and like SKII, I was fizzing. We are all Hibernian FC, fans, players, management team, directors, no some huffy idiot.
    nil satis nisi optimum

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3576 Post(s)
    vCash
    No quite Just Back as I had to cook tea for my wife and oldest laddie who were both working today and “starving”!
    Pfft...nae guid. There`s good Bouncers here been waiting the time it takes tae pour a couple of pints on this. Tell them tae either wait, make their ain tea or go for a bloody chippy, you`ve got a match report tae write man....
    I started out with nothing and i`ve still got most of it left.

" Without people, you`re nothing.." - Joe Strummer.

Radge

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5699 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Pfft...nae guid. There`s good Bouncers here been waiting the time it takes tae pour a couple of pints on this. Tell them tae either wait, make their ain tea or go for a bloody chippy, you`ve got a match report tae write man....
    Wife and oldest laddie dinnae eat chippy's, part of the problem. Thank Sauzee for bridies at Paisley.
    nil satis nisi optimum

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3576 Post(s)
    vCash
    Wife and oldest laddie dinnae eat chippy's, part of the problem. Thank Sauzee for bridies at Paisley.
    I feel your pain. "dinnae eat chippys"....dearie me
    I started out with nothing and i`ve still got most of it left.

" Without people, you`re nothing.." - Joe Strummer.

Doonhamer Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    383 Post(s)
    vCash
    Excellent read as always.On a personal note well done tae all fans Hibs and St Mirren for respecting our Armed forces today.
    Per Mare Per Terram.

Player Sponsor

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    791 Post(s)
    vCash

That's exactly how I saw it! If langfield had spilled the ball we needed people in the box to follow it up. Standing like a child in the middle of the pitch and not celebrating or even acknowledging his team mate on his hattrick was disrespectful in my opinion

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1858 Post(s)
    vCash
    good report as usual @1875

Henderson won the penalty not Lewis and it was a pretty soft award I think hence why Langfield, Goodwin etc were having a pop at LH at the time and at the final whistle..

can't say I'm too bothered about the Malonga / JK penalty incident, storm in a teacup I hope..
    until the sky turns green

Radge

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5699 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tricky View Post

Henderson won the penalty not Lewis and it was a pretty soft award I think hence why Langfield, Goodwin etc were having a pop at LH at the time and at the final whistle..

can't say I'm too bothered about the Malonga / JK penalty incident, storm in a teacup I hope..
    It looked like a trip to me, give I got my Hibs players mixed up.
    nil satis nisi optimum

Radgie, Gadgie, Onion Badgie Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    174 Post(s)
    vCash
    Stonewall penalty; defender slid in and totally missed the ball and caught Henderson.

Radge Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)
    vCash
    Great report as usual Mark .Superb reading to wake up to on a Sunday morning. Particularly pleasing to note that Henderson manned up to Goodwin. He clearly went into his shell last time we played St Midden at ER . More good work from Stubbs trusting him to fight same battle again and win it this time.
    Really believe we can win this league now.

GGTTH
    Last edited by SKII; 08-11-15 at 08:56. Reason: quote code error fix

Justified Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3406 Post(s)
    vCash
    What is going on here?!! I cannae get my head around this like! Win, win, win, win...
    Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'...

Radge Monthly Contributor
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    135 Post(s)
    vCash
    Malonga apologised on Twitter for his fud like behaviour:

get off yer bum an sing radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2206 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aggie View Post
    What is going on here?!! I cannae get my head around this like! Win, win, win, win...
    it's ok mate, it's just a dream, a sweet sweet dream, just don't attempt to open your eyes

- - - Updated - - -

Me neither, I would be more concerned if no one wanted to take it. I would imagine if Jason had been on the park we would have seen the self same petulence

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    135 Post(s)
    vCash
    Keatings responded:

Radge

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5699 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by King Of Kings View Post
    Keatings responded:

Seems to have deleted
    nil satis nisi optimum

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1858 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheat Hound View Post
    Stonewall penalty; defender slid in and totally missed the ball and caught Henderson.
    seen it again in the highlights and still not sure..

certainly not complaining

Radge Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    874 Post(s)
    vCash
    This....fuddish behaviour for me and like SKII, I was fizzing. We are all Hibernian FC, fans, players, management team, directors, no some huffy idiot.
    Mmm, not even his lack of caring about ze "Rangers" is enough to forgive this behaviour. What's worrying is that it's exactly that type of thing that can poison a dressing room that's probably walking on air. Let's hope it's all sorted out.

Doonhamer Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    383 Post(s)
    vCash
    Malonga did himself no favours yesterday for sure.However let's put a different slant on this.Firstly Fontaine was stripped before the penalty ,Stubbs was already going into the Alamo formation as per Falkirk game.So Big Bad Dom was maybe not hooked for his petulance,but for tactical reasons.
    Secondly you see that behaviour on pitches all over the country,and it clearly shows how much Dom cared about scoring.OK going on a hiking trip tae the halfway line did him no favours.I have worked with many youth teams who have petulant little feckers in them but they have talent.Dom has talent,when he decides he wants tae exhibit it.
    Infact I know one first team player right now at Killie who used tae sleep on a sheep skin
    rug in the back of mummy's car on way tae games instead of travel on team bus.
    So in conclusion Dom did act like a fud,however let's not go ott on the reactions.
    I think someone else said a storm in a tea cup,nothing more nothing less.

Mustang Loving Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1502 Post(s)
    vCash
    Think Dom seeing his other two strike partners in the goals, desperately wanted a goal himself. Doesn't really excuse his actions though. Best just to put a line under it and move on.

Radge Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    vCash
    Good report and great result. Suspect a year back after conceding a goal, we would have ended up with a draw at best and don't even want to think about going further back!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    89 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikki View Post
    That's exactly how I saw it! If langfield had spilled the ball we needed people in the box to follow it up. Standing like a child in the middle of the pitch and not celebrating or even acknowledging his team mate on his hattrick was disrespectful in my opinion
    he was probably better where he was after the one he missed earlier he'd have probably fudded any rebound over the bar

- - - Updated - - -

It looked like a trip to me, give I got my Hibs players mixed up.
    I had a very good view where I was sitting and it was a definite pen

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4711 Post(s)
    vCash
    Just touching on a couple of things in the thread. Goodwin had conducted a running battle with Henderson in his usual predictable attempt to bully the opposition. It had worked in the first game at ER where he bullied both Henderson and McGinn - not yesterday. Both laddies were happy to take it to him, take any hit and generally take the urine (sorry Shrink). Given he is almost old enough to be their dad - and in Paisley he definitely is - he really has a cheek in taking any offence at these boys, Henderson especially, in refusing to be bullied by him.

The running battle with Henderson was typified by an incident where the ball was going out for a corner at the bottom rhs as we were looking at it. There was a "coming together of bodies" (Goodwin tried to intimidate Hendo physically) and Hendo made the most of making sure the referee saw it. As he went to take the corner, the laddie was smiling at the Hibs support, knowing Goodwin was doing himself up like a kipper. It was a mature and clever way to approach the campaign of intimidation. Goodwin went mental. He carried that grudge on through the remainder of the game and refused to shake hands with Liam at the end. Liam went after him, hand out, making it (again) very obvious that Goodwin is an erse. Still the grumpy grandad ignored him.

I think, having seen the highlights again, it is definitely a penalty. Serves them right.

On the issue of us now getting penalties it has coincided with us playing more on the front foot, being more direct in terms of getting the ball into the area quicker and Keatings' return. There is so much more movement in the final third.

It's braw

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1858 Post(s)
    vCash
    three home games in the five matches before we play the Huns with away trips to Alloa and Greenock thrown in, good chance of keeping the run going, let's hope they slip up before we go to Ibrox on the 28th.

Shameless Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2726 Post(s)
    vCash
    three home games in the five matches before we play the Huns with away trips to Alloa and Greenock thrown in, good chance of keeping the run going, let's hope they slip up before we go to Ibrox on the 28th.
    The Huns don't play next weekend so if we beat Livi next Tuesday at ER then the gap is down to two points.
    Good times.
    There's no other way
    There's no other way
    All that you can do
    Is watch them play

Justified Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3406 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperTortolano View Post
    Think Dom seeing his other two strike partners in the goals, desperately wanted a goal himself. Doesn't really excuse his actions though. Best just to put a line under it and move on.
    This is how I see it - the lad has publicly apologised. On we go.

They are away to both Raith and Falkirk. We've really got to be looking for these two to try and take at least a point. Saying that, we have Falkirk at home, which will be tough as well.

Quote Originally Posted by PILTONSTANY View Post
    The Huns don't play next weekend so if we beat Livi next Tuesday at ER then the gap is down to two points.
    Good times.
    "If" indeed. Margin for error = zero.

You know, much as it pains me to say it, it puts into perspective the Gunts achievement last season. Pishy teams or not, to go on the kind of run they did is pretty impressive. Glad to be feeling a similar sort of pressure ourselves now.
    Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'...

Shameless Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2726 Post(s)
    vCash

"If" indeed. Margin for error = zero.

You know, much as it pains me to say it, it puts into perspective the Gunts achievement last season. Pishy teams or not, to go on the kind of run they did is pretty impressive. Glad to be feeling a similar sort of pressure ourselves now.
    Yip,Falkirk are only 4 points behind and will be desperate to catch us
    There's no other way
    There's no other way
    All that you can do
    Is watch them play

Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6671 Post(s)
    vCash
    Just touching on a couple of things in the thread. Goodwin had conducted a running battle with Henderson in his usual predictable attempt to bully the opposition. It had worked in the first game at ER where he bullied both Henderson and McGinn - not yesterday. Both laddies were happy to take it to him, take any hit and generally take the urine (sorry Shrink). Given he is almost old enough to be their dad - and in Paisley he definitely is - he really has a cheek in taking any offence at these boys, Henderson especially, in refusing to be bullied by him.

The running battle with Henderson was typified by an incident where the ball was going out for a corner at the bottom rhs as we were looking at it. There was a "coming together of bodies" (Goodwin tried to intimidate Hendo physically) and Hendo made the most of making sure the referee saw it. As he went to take the corner, the laddie was smiling at the Hibs support, knowing Goodwin was doing himself up like a kipper. It was a mature and clever way to approach the campaign of intimidation. Goodwin went mental. He carried that grudge on through the remainder of the game and refused to shake hands with Liam at the end. Liam went after him, hand out, making it (again) very obvious that Goodwin is an erse. Still the grumpy grandad ignored him.

I think, having seen the highlights again, it is definitely a penalty. Serves them right.

On the issue of us now getting penalties it has coincided with us playing more on the front foot, being more direct in terms of getting the ball into the area quicker and Keatings' return. There is so much more movement in the final third.

It's braw
    Looking at the highlights and McGinn just brushed Goodwin aside before passing to Henderson [to Keatings - Goal]. Seeing Goodwin slump to the ground holding his head in his hands when the ball hit the net was telling; He knew he was done by that point in the game. Who knew an 11 year old could be so strong though
    They're gone, not here, forgotten
    The maroon brigade now cry
    The city is now Hibernian
    The team that would not die

[© Daddy O'Hibee]

If you don’t know what introspection is, you need to take a long, hard look at yourself

Radge Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    874 Post(s)
    vCash
    I think it was a bit different, by virtue of the fact that they were ahead from early on and could afford to ship points - we really can't. If "Rangers" keep winning, and it's likely they will, we just can't afford any more slip-ups.

That said, Falkirk and Raith will both feel they can get something from them as they all lost to us by the odd goal.

Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3185 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dub View Post
    Looking at the highlights and McGinn just brushed Goodwin aside before passing to Henderson [to Keatings - Goal]. Seeing Goodwin slump to the ground holding his head in his hands when the ball hit the net was telling; He knew he was done by that point in the game. Who knew an 11 year old could be so strong though
    Yeah, just watched them.
    McGinn shows physical strength to easily take the ball off the grey thug, then sets the goal up, Goodwin fell to his knees with head in hand, obviously gutted😂😂😂
    GGTTH

Radge Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    874 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hattie View Post
    Yeah, just watched them.
    McGinn shows physical strength to easily take the ball off the grey thug, then sets the goal up, Goodwin fell to his knees with head in hand, obviously gutted😂😂😂
    Here it is:

Love it. $#@!.

GoGO Back To Forum