Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Just back and that was an "Arran" of a Hibs game...

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4569 Post(s)
    vCash

Just back and that was an "Arran" of a Hibs game...

There's a saying about Arran that it is Scotland in miniature ... the wild sea, the spectacular mountains, the challenge of the weather, the annoying nippy midgies.
    Well, today it could be fairly leveled at the club that we all know and love that this was Hibs encapsulated. A sort of "Arran" of Hibernian football.
    There was the majesty of a John McGinn opening goal, the delightful intelligence of the second from Cummings and there was a freedom to express throughout the team...for the first 45 minutes, anyway.
    There was also a pedestrian start to the second half, a free header gifting "Big John Daly" (the announcer's words, not mine) a goal and a customary panicky spell to follow suit in the second half. There was also a more "mercurial" Malonga outing (you all know what I mean by that), fighting amongst our own middle aged fans, Sauzee only knows what for ... and a header off the line with minutes to go to keep our lead intact. Yep, that was pretty much all facets of Hibs in one 90 mins. Except, this time last year, I am certain we would not have won the game.
    The most important aspect of this all was closing the gap behind the Orcs to 5 points...courtesy of another big, fat three points. As Dundee Utd manager Mixu Paateleinen watched on (we could see you sneaking out with 5 mins to go big fella ... and walking up the side of the road opposite the ground - there's no missing you ;) ) Hibs succeeded in putting us all through every emotion you might associate with following the current team and then some.

We started very well, went ahead courtesy of a goal you will not want to miss when it appears online, and were playing football more akin to that seen of late when we were down at QoS. Jason was playing well, causing the home defence all manner of problems and working his wee penguin erky off. John McGinn was strutting around the park as if he owned it and was a joy to behold, his goal aside. Darren McGregor was marshalling a defence that was rarely tested in the opening half, whilst the likes of Henderson, McGinn and Stevenson were putting in good shifts. In fact, they all were...bar the mercurial one. But more of him later.

Come half time we were good for our 2 goal lead and, indeed, it could have been more. We had played with freedom, expressed ourselves and taken two excellent goals. Nobody could have argued with the top line at the interval and all was well in the Val McDermid away end.

What went in the tea at half time, Sauzee only knows. We simply did not get going after the interval. We were second to most balls, began misplacing passes, not closing down the opposition and generally looking like we thought we had won the game. The longer the malaise continued, the more Raith suspected they had a shout and, with one poor piece of marking, a free header saw them get the goal they needed to give them something to hold onto in the contest. And for the next 5 or 10 minutes, it looked like there was a comeback on the cards ...
    Strangely, rather than thankfully, it was an injury to one of the home players that took the sting out of proceedings, interupted any momentum Rovers were gathering and gave us a chance to regroup. We needed to make changes and eventually they were made. First off the park our mercurial number 7. It was "one of THOSE afternoons" for him. I needn't say any more. He was replaced by the livelier Keatings. Henderson, who was perhaps showing signs of tiredness, went next to be replaced by Bartman. Finally Fyvie made an appearance, replacing the appreciated and appreciative McGinn.
    This allowed us to see out the final minutes - which seemed to go on forever but were in reality a consequence of a lengthy delay for the injury to the Rovers player midway through the half - although not before we had one final clearance off the line by Fontaine, a couple of simulations by Rovers players looking for a penalty and a controversial overturning of a free kick to Hibs that the referee had given but his hapless pal running the standside touchline thought he knew better. Like he did most of the game.

Ratings:
    Oxley - nothing to do first half, a good save when the wall did not do its job in the second
    Gray - a bog standard Gray outing, he was allowed more freedom because we played the three centres at the back
    Fontaine - an okay first half, a ropier second half but a crucial header off the line when it really mattered.
    Hanlon - a standard, solid Hanlon outing
    McGregor - a good first half, he was the pick of the back line...will need to review the footage of the goal to see if he could and should have done more at the goal (it was his side)
    Lewis - a lively outing for Lewis, better first half than second - but then that could be said about them all
    McGeouch - the most often misspelled name on the Bounce but their announcer went one further calling him McGok. He had a decent McGok Wan
    Henderson - some nice touches, good link up play but seemed to tire as the game went on. It was the right thing to bring on Bartman at the time they did
    McGinn - he's braw. He's proper braw. Just watch his goal on the intermabob or the tellybox. You'll see what I mean
    Jason - a very lively and promising first half topped off by a clever, well executed goal. A lot of offsides second half because he wasn't looking across the line. Stubbsy wasn't happy.
    Malonga - mercurial. I'm too tired to say any more. Maybe a bit like him.

Subs - Keatings - came on and took the ball into corners and was screaming for a simple square ball to be played to him by JC near to the end that would have taken the pressure off. Did fine
    Bartman - a few intercepting challenges, brought fresh legs
    Fyvie - not on for long but again a sensible move

Officials - the stand side linesman was the focus for much of our ire and frustration and rightly so.

The grub
    - starving having not had breakfast before working all morning and going straight to the game ... so relented and had a macaroni pie. It looked dead. Like it was road kill dead. It actually tasted better than it looked. Or maybe I was just starving. It could have been a scabby donkey. I didn't care.

The Hibs support - outnumbered, outsang and outdid the home fans. That club is slowly, painfully on it's way out if these attendance persist and we (and the Orcs) escape this league sometime soon.

MotM - up until half time it was going to prove difficult for a lot of good reasons. After the game it was still difficult because nobody really did an awful lot second period. So, based on the first 45 it was a contest between McGinn, JC, McGregor and McGok Wan. I'm going with the one who made me enjoy watching Hibs most today in the shape of the lad McGinn. He's a proper player, you know

Last edited by Gunnerhibby; 24-10-15 at 21:31.
    Hibs are standing on the brink of history...

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4569 Post(s)
    vCash
    @JFTB - the crunching of my posts continues Can you possibly try and sort the above mess out? Or any other of the admins for that matter @Owen @Purple&Green @Gunnerhibby @1875 All of the "returns" put into the above text originally that have not shown up...please?

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6480 Post(s)
    vCash
    Excellent read J. Thanks.

Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5532 Post(s)
    vCash
    That cheered me up no end.
    nil satis nisi optimum

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3571 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SKII View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    @JFTB - the crunching of my posts continues Can you possibly try and sort the above mess out?
    Indeed.

Rather than attempt to read that and have my eyes and brain rebel in protest...which after much cider and bourbon i can assure you they would, i`ll check out your, most likely excellent summation, when it`s not such a total clustersomething..

Get it sorted J, FFS.....
    I started out with nothing and i`ve still got most of it left.

" Without people, you`re nothing.." - Joe Strummer.

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4569 Post(s)
    vCash
    While we wait on another Admin having a go at repasting my Just Back it can be found in the form it was typed on the Bounce Facebook page. It's fine there. Hopefully, that will help some of you read it until the Bounce posting gremlins are sorted.

Hamesick Radge

Aberdeen during the week / edinburgh at weekend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1387 Post(s)
    vCash
    Canny disagree wi any of that tbh . Rode our luck a bit second half . The fight was in front of me . Handbags tbh , and to much bevy by looks of it .

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3571 Post(s)
    vCash
    While we wait on another Admin having a go at repasting my Just Back it can be found in the form it was typed on the Bounce Facebook page. It's fine there. Hopefully, that will help some of you read it until the Bounce posting gremlins are sorted.
    Having read it now in the style it was intended, it was as i suspected..excellent. Thanks for that.
    I started out with nothing and i`ve still got most of it left.

" Without people, you`re nothing.." - Joe Strummer.

Administrator formerly known as Lanarkhibs
    Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    vCash
    Thanks for the report SK11. If we were Arran today, let's hope we are more like the Isle of Skye next week, magestic and grand!
    From Skye to Leith, the home of the Hibees

get off yer bum an sing radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2196 Post(s)
    vCash
    Pretty much as I saw the game as well...which is a change for me who usually thinks the worst player done fine. By the way has Marvin Bartley got a new nickname..or are you trying to change the most mispelt name on the bounce

Toddler Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    vCash
    Again agree with most of you say exept it was Fontain that headed it off the line late on. The handball was pretty much nailed on I thought, got away with that one! I was sitting up with Mixu and Murray so was down that end. My motm was also McGinn thought he rarely misplaced a pass and made a good few important tackles. Fontain for me also gets a mention won nearly everything in the air and dint not really look troubled all day.

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4569 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkydunc View Post
    Again agree with most of you say exept it was Fontain that headed it off the line late on. The handball was pretty much nailed on I thought, got away with that one! I was sitting up with Mixu and Murray so was down that end. My motm was also McGinn thought he rarely misplaced a pass and made a good few important tackles. Fontain for me also gets a mention won nearly everything in the air and dint not really look troubled all day.
    I said it was Fontaine who headed the ball off? Who did you think did it? (if that's what you mean)

Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6629 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkydunc View Post
    That's what it says in SK11's excellent report.
    They're gone, not here, forgotten
    The maroon brigade now cry
    The city is now Hibernian
    The team that would not die

[© Daddy O'Hibee]

If you don’t know what introspection is, you need to take a long, hard look at yourself

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4569 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Davy View Post
    Pretty much as I saw the game as well...which is a change for me who usually thinks the worst player done fine. By the way has Marvin Bartley got a new nickname..or are you trying to change the most mispelt name on the bounce
    Bartley's nickname is Bartman (as in do the Bartman a la The Simpsons' Bart)

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4569 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dub View Post
    That's what it says in SK11's excellent report.
    I thought I was going daft - so thanks for confirming I did actually write that Dub. It's a tough gig this Just Back thing.

Toddler Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    vCash
    I said it was Fontaine who headed the ball off? Who did you think did it? (if that's what you mean)
    Sorry bud, I thought you had said it was Gray for some reason.

Ps that was the worst use of a smoke bomb i have seen! It wasn't even green!!

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2457 Post(s)
    vCash
    Thanks for the report...

First of all what a superb three points to get. I honestly didn't think Hibs would beat both Falkirk and Raith Rovers away in the same week but we have managed to do just that and narrow the Rangers lead at the top to five points..well until tomorrow anyway at least.

When I checked my phone at HT today and saw that Hibs were 2-0 up and had controlled the first half and should have scored more I was pleased but worried at the same time. 2-0 is a funny scoreline. It's fine when your team makes it 2-0 with about five minutes to go, but when there is still a full 45 to go and you are playing a team on their own ground then the game is far from over especially when it's Hibs we are talking about. We really needed a third goal but couldn't get it and of course the inevitable happens and the other team score making it a case of hanging on again in the last 15 minutes or so. I really cannot understand Hibs lacklustre second half performances. They sometimes just seem to think they have the game won and ease off and that is the worst thing a team can do. Anyway, thank God we got there in the end and we await the outcome of the St Mirren v the Rangers game tomorrow with interest.

RE Malonga: Sounds like he had one of those outings today..but he is not going to produce the sumptious touches and skill every week and score the goals we all know is capable of scoring every week. If he was able to do that then he would be playing at a much higher level than he is. I see he set up McGinn for his goal so he did contribute something to our win today.
    Last edited by Greenmachine; 25-10-15 at 00:44.
    "I can't stress enough how important it is to be in possession of the football - it is better to be the matador rather than the bull"

John Hughes

**** The Hearts

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1607 Post(s)
    vCash
    Sorted here too.......thanks again.

e-mailed to 350 St. Patrick's members.

http://www.hibeesbounce.com/showthre...23#post1499823

GGTTH

BIG G

Everyone's words of support are helping me thru this. I appreciate every comment, prayer and positive thought.

Guys and girls I can't emphasise how much your words are encouraging and helping me. This battle has barely started but I know you'll be by my side every step of the way - it's giving me great strength - Shaun 16/03/2016

Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3173 Post(s)
    vCash
    Great read.
    Wasn't there so it's good to get a report which , like 1875's, is going to be the honest review
    Thanks
    GGTTH

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4569 Post(s)
    vCash
    Thanks Gunner!

Radge Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    819 Post(s)
    vCash
    Good read, thanks.

Last year, we'd have probably been lucky to have taken two points from both of these games never mind all six. It we can make it the perfect nine next week, and "Rangers" drop anything tomorrow, well... We might just be back in this title hunt.

Oh, and I'm just going to leave this here:

Doonhamer Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    383 Post(s)
    vCash
    Good read i can just aboot taste that pie 3 pts, next.Bring on the orcs.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4205 Post(s)
    vCash
    Couldn't make it yesterday, like I can't really be bothered with all away games

Keeping up with events on here and Hibs twitter I enjoyed the first have but it was a nail biting second and was down to my elbows into all the added time. No idea how I'm typing this!

Thanks for the report :-)
    Space to let

Justified Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3338 Post(s)
    vCash
    Three points. Tidy.

Next game is COLOSSAL. Three points virtually mandatory. We quite simply HAVE to beat them. By the odd goal or whatever. Just get over the line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'...

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    90 Post(s)
    vCash
    HibernianFC | Hibernian TV

Goals on Hibs TV Freeview. 2 lovely goals, roll on next sunday!

Radge Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    130 Post(s)
    vCash
    Although I'm delighted to have the points, I worry about our players attitude. Raith didn't stop us from playing yesterday and tried to match us football wise in the first half and we were too good for them, the same as Falkirk. The second half in both games the opposition upped the tempo and closing us down, plus a few meaty challenges and we went into our shell a bit.

My worry is that the huns will be right in our faces from the off. We need to stand up to them both the fans and the team. I don't believe so much in winning the battle type stuff, more that we should keep playing football regardless of the opposition trying to stop us. That means players making themselves available to take a pass knowing they might get clattered. I listened to AS talk about us switching off for a second and Daly scored, but to me the last 15-20 minutes of the game v Raith was a lot harder than it needed to be and it was because our players weren't looking to play and take a pass. When teams are closing you down it takes more energy to run into space and give the guy with ball an option. We weren't doing that and so losing possession too cheaply.

One thing I would say about yesterday the fans at the end made more noise, a kind of willing the team over the line. I think the players appreciated that, even AS out on the pitch applauded. I hope we get that next week as well.
    Erin Go Bragh

Hamesick Radge

Aberdeen during the week / edinburgh at weekend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1387 Post(s)
    vCash
    If we play against sevco like we played second half yesterday, we're in for a really hard time .

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4569 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatie View Post
    If we play against sevco like we played second half yesterday, we're in for a really hard time .
    And if we play like we did at QoS or against Aberdeen or even the first half yesterday then the Sons of William are in for a hard time too. Keep the faith

am out there jerry an am lovin every minute of it!!!!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    185 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aggie View Post
    Three points. Tidy.

Next game is COLOSSAL. Three points virtually mandatory. We quite simply HAVE to beat them. By the odd goal or whatever. Just get over the line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    i agree

if we are to show oursels as any kind of a fitba team that is up there for the challenge then the game next week against the queens XI is one we ought tae win

obviously if we lose the world winnae stop movin but any notion of us provin tae be the best team in this league well then be beyond oor grasp

Radge Monthly Contributor
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    554 Post(s)
    vCash
    Much as I hate the Huns; I think I twill be a very hard game next Saturday. The important thing is if we go a goal (or two) behind don't lose our bottle. The Huns are beatable, but we'll need nearly all of our players on form. You never know we might get a piece of magic from Malonga.....

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4569 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jock3 View Post
    Much as I hate the Huns; I think I twill be a very hard game next Saturday. The important thing is if we go a goal (or two) behind don't lose our bottle. The Huns are beatable, but we'll need nearly all of our players on form. You never know we might get a piece of magic from Malonga.....
    Hope you're not traveling for a Saturday KO - it's next Sunday (I know the Saturday would be apt what with it being the night of the undead...)

GoGO Back To Forum