Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Just back and well.. A win is a win.

Mental Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    189 Post(s)
    vCash

Just back and well.. A win is a win.

Just back from a very cold Falkirk stadium where Hibs managed to get the victory through a 'contentious' penalty which Cummings tucked away nicely. A very strong Hibs support with very little empty seats from where I was. I Reckon around 1800? made it through which is tremendous given it was a Tuesday night at the tail end of October and there was no cash gate.

3 changes made from Saturday with Hanlon, McGeouch & Bartley replacing Fontaine, Fyvie & Henderson (the most surprising) meaning that Keating retained his place at the tip of the diamond.

It took Hibs a while to get going and we could've been 1-0 down with Falkirk hitting the bar. When we did get going, it eventually led to the goal. A lovely little exchange down the left hand side with Malonga ending up in a similar position like against Dumbarton, he curled the ball towards the far post that the Falkirk keeper got a good hand to & from the resulting corner McGinn was fouled for the penalty.

Second half was a struggle at times, we didn't seem to manage to find a green jersey with our passing & seemed to find it really difficult once Baird came on alongside the other Gunt fud Miller up front. Also it seemed to me like we were sitting far far too deep at times and struggled to get out which just invited pressure onto us. Luckily for us Falkirk had nothing about them to punish us too much. The lack of an 'outball' was frustrating as well with the midfield being so narrow, there wasn't anyone willing to take the ball out wide and push us up the park a bit.

The players;

Oxley - never had that much to do, what he did have to deal with he dealt with it well. Seemed a bit quicker distributing the ball which was a nice change.

Gray - wasn't helped by a lack of support in front of him due to the system we played, didn't do much wrong

McGregor - our best centre half IMO, very strong on and off the ball, rarely loses a challenge. Slotted in very well in the defence

Hanlon - A welcome return for Paul to the XI, although I thought he struggled at times against Miller.

Stevenson - Lewis was Lewis, solid 6 out of 10. Still needs to work on his final ball.

Bartley - the big man was back in to give us a bit of steel in front of the defence and didn't really get involved in the game too much except absolutely clattering one of the Falkirk players.

McGeouch - as 1875 usually says, Dylan can be a delight to watch when he's on his game. Tonight wasn't one of those games, admittedly he wasn't the only one but we can put this down as a one off.

McGinn - worked his socks off and won us the penalty. On a night of average-ish performances throughout the side, John didn't let his head drop and kept working. I like this laddie, a lot.

Keatings - buzzed about and worked hard but never really had much to work with, especially second half when the midfield sat so deep. Keatings is an intelligent wee fitba player & will get us goals if he avoids injuries. Subbed.

Cummings - Jason gets a raw deal at times from supporters and whilst I agree he does have flaws that he needs to work on, he scores goals which is the most important thing in a game of football. Subbed.

Malonga - Dom has really hit form recently and carried it into this game with glimpses of his mercurial talent, those who say he doesn't work talk $#@!e. Unlucky not to get a goal.

Subs;

Henderson - came on for Cummings to give us an extra body in midfield, followed the example of his teammates in that he struggled to get a grip on the game.

Fontaine - on for Keatings to give us a bit more solidity at the back with Falkirk having went 2 up front, didn't have much time.

Stubbs tactics were a bit different today, very pedestrian like (once again) on the ball and like I've mentioned in the second half, we say so deep which just invited pressure especially when Baird came on. Would've brought Fontaine on earlier to shore the defence up a bit and would've introduced Boyle to give us an option out wide. Can't grumble though we got the win which is the most important thing.

Referee - fouls given that we not fouls for either side, not giving fouls that were fouls again for both sides, something needs to be done about refereeing in Scotland, it's getting worse every week and it's not a symptom of the league we're in either.

Have zero time for Falkirk, managed by a Gunt fud with a couple of Gunt fuds in the team and also have a bunch of moaning arsed fans that shout 'CHEAT CHEAT CHEAT' whenever they get a decision against them.

Another thing was the quiet atmosphere (once again) in the Hibs support, haven't experienced that away from home that often before and hope it's just circumstances that are dictating that rather than any other issues.

My MOTM is the 1800 Hibernian supporters who braved the cold and rain to watch another Hibs victory, I doff my cap to you all.

Onwards and upwards now, 8 points behind the Huns let's make sure we can put as much pressure on them as possible.

This hasn't quite been 1875's just back however I hope I've provided a nice change in his absence.

GGTTH.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    336 Post(s)
    vCash
    Thanks for your report mate, good effort. Looking forward to Saturday now.
    "There's class, there's first class, and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5547 Post(s)
    vCash
    Excellent report Leitchy and highly appreciated, thank you and well done Hibs, a win is indeed a win.
    nil satis nisi optimum

Mussel-bound Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    473 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LeitchyHFC1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just back from a very cold Falkirk stadium where Hibs managed to get the victory through a 'contentious' penalty which Cummings tucked away nicely. A very strong Hibs support with very little empty seats from where I was. I Reckon around 1800? made it through which is tremendous given it was a Tuesday night at the tail end of October and there was no cash gate.

3 changes made from Saturday with Hanlon, McGeouch & Bartley replacing Fontaine, Fyvie & Henderson (the most surprising) meaning that Keating retained his place at the tip of the diamond.

It took Hibs a while to get going and we could've been 1-0 down with Falkirk hitting the bar. When we did get going, it eventually led to the goal. A lovely little exchange down the left hand side with Malonga ending up in a similar position like against Dumbarton, he curled the ball towards the far post that the Falkirk keeper got a good hand to & from the resulting corner McGinn was fouled for the penalty.

Second half was a struggle at times, we didn't seem to manage to find a green jersey with our passing & seemed to find it really difficult once Baird came on alongside the other Gunt fud Miller up front. Also it seemed to me like we were sitting far far too deep at times and struggled to get out which just invited pressure onto us. Luckily for us Falkirk had nothing about them to punish us too much. The lack of an 'outball' was frustrating as well with the midfield being so narrow, there wasn't anyone willing to take the ball out wide and push us up the park a bit.

The players;

Oxley - never had that much to do, what he did have to deal with he dealt with it well. Seemed a bit quicker distributing the ball which was a nice change.

Gray - wasn't helped by a lack of support in front of him due to the system we played, didn't do much wrong

McGregor - our best centre half IMO, very strong on and off the ball, rarely loses a challenge. Slotted in very well in the defence

Hanlon - A welcome return for Paul to the XI, although I thought he struggled at times against Miller.

Stevenson - Lewis was Lewis, solid 6 out of 10. Still needs to work on his final ball.

Bartley - the big man was back in to give us a bit of steel in front of the defence and didn't really get involved in the game too much except absolutely clattering one of the Falkirk players.

McGeouch - as 1875 usually says, Dylan can be a delight to watch when he's on his game. Tonight wasn't one of those games, admittedly he wasn't the only one but we can put this down as a one off.

McGinn - worked his socks off and won us the penalty. On a night of average-ish performances throughout the side, John didn't let his head drop and kept working. I like this laddie, a lot.

Keatings - buzzed about and worked hard but never really had much to work with, especially second half when the midfield sat so deep. Keatings is an intelligent wee fitba player & will get us goals if he avoids injuries. Subbed.

Cummings - Jason gets a raw deal at times from supporters and whilst I agree he does have flaws that he needs to work on, he scores goals which is the most important thing in a game of football. Subbed.

Malonga - Dom has really hit form recently and carried it into this game with glimpses of his mercurial talent, those who say he doesn't work talk $#@!e. Unlucky not to get a goal.

Subs;

Henderson - came on for Cummings to give us an extra body in midfield, followed the example of his teammates in that he struggled to get a grip on the game.

Fontaine - on for Keatings to give us a bit more solidity at the back with Falkirk having went 2 up front, didn't have much time.

Stubbs tactics were a bit different today, very pedestrian like (once again) on the ball and like I've mentioned in the second half, we say so deep which just invited pressure especially when Baird came on. Would've brought Fontaine on earlier to shore the defence up a bit and would've introduced Boyle to give us an option out wide. Can't grumble though we got the win which is the most important thing.

Referee - fouls given that we not fouls for either side, not giving fouls that were fouls again for both sides, something needs to be done about refereeing in Scotland, it's getting worse every week and it's not a symptom of the league we're in either.

Have zero time for Falkirk, managed by a Gunt fud with a couple of Gunt fuds in the team and also have a bunch of moaning arsed fans that shout 'CHEAT CHEAT CHEAT' whenever they get a decision against them.

Another thing was the quiet atmosphere (once again) in the Hibs support, haven't experienced that away from home that often before and hope it's just circumstances that are dictating that rather than any other issues.

My MOTM is the 1800 Hibernian supporters who braved the cold and rain to watch another Hibs victory, I doff my cap to you all.

Onwards and upwards now, 8 points behind the Huns let's make sure we can put as much pressure on them as possible.

This hasn't quite been 1875's just back however I hope I've provided a nice change in his absence.

GGTTH.
    Enjoyed that, cheers
    GGTTH

Quite a bit past it radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6340 Post(s)
    vCash
    MOTM has to be the Leitchy fella for an excellent summary.
    Can't disagree with a single word of that.
    Not our best performance but a valuable three points.

If I was a bairn I'd be greetin'.

Radge Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    828 Post(s)
    vCash
    Sorry, that wasn't 1875 that wrote that? Wow.

A nice, tidy report. The old man told me a relatively similar story, other than his only contention:

"It was never a penalty".

He usually calls these things quite well, so it'd be interesting to see it.

One down, two to go. It's nice to get a good start to the three games that could well define our season.

Visionary Philosopher Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    180 Post(s)
    vCash
    Well done, Leitchy! As a season ticket holder who barely attends an away game nowadays, I really appreciate reports from folk attending away games. I listened in on radio tonight, BBC Scotland were utterly OUTRAGED at our penalty award! They even spent most of halftime interviewing Falkirk fans as to whether they thought it was a penalty or not!

I REALLY hope that it wasn't a penalty, how many stonewallers have WE been denied over the years? GGTTH

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    213 Post(s)
    vCash
    Just a wee reminder here folks. Just remember ALL the media including a HUGE part Of the BBC "ARE" and I mean "ARE" doing everything in their powers to make sure we do NOT win this league!!!! That is a 100% FACT!!!!!

ONE OF THE SYMPTOMS OF AN APPROACHING NERVOUS BREAKDOWN IS THE BELIEF THAT ONES WORK IS TERRIBLY IMPORTANT

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2461 Post(s)
    vCash
    Thanks for the report..

Fantastic and vitally important three points tonight. I was very surprised to see the starting line-up with three strikers playing..basically the same system we had against Dumbarton at Easter Road on Saturday. It's very risky to only go with three midfielders in any away game especially at a tough place like Falkirk. It usually means you get outnumbered in the middle of the park and you are under a lot of pressure...it sounds like this was the case tonight. It will be interesting to see if he sticks with this system for Saturday's equally difficult game against Raith Rovers at Starks Park.
    "I can't stress enough how important it is to be in possession of the football - it is better to be the matador rather than the bull"

John Hughes

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6340 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 7 Hills View Post
    Well done, Leitchy! As a season ticket holder who barely attends an away game nowadays, I really appreciate reports from folk attending away games. I listened in on radio tonight, BBC Scotland were utterly OUTRAGED at our penalty award! They even spent most of halftime interviewing Falkirk fans as to whether they thought it was a penalty or not!

I REALLY hope that it wasn't a penalty, how many stonewallers have WE been denied over the years? GGTTH
    I'd have to say it looked a bit soft - but it was at the far end so hard to tell. What I DID see clearly though was David Gray getting pushed over just before the penalty award. THAT looked a stone-waller to me.
    Did the Beebfuds mention it?

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1780 Post(s)
    vCash
    good report.

thought Keatings was fairly poor and should have been subbed earlier.

McGinn has been a great signing although gave ball away cheaply the odd time during a nervy last 10 mins or so, thought Hanlon was pretty good couple of great last ditch challenges in second half.

while we sat back a bit in the 2nd half we did break well at times and created some very decent chances specially Doms fluffed one on one early in second half.

anyway a hard fought battling win and a clean sheet.

mon the Hibs
    until the sky turns green

Sunshine on Leith
    Quote Originally Posted by tricky View Post
    good report.

thought Keatings was fairly poor and should have been subbed earlier.

McGinn has been a great signing although gave ball away cheaply the odd time during a nervy last 10 mins or so, thought Hanlon was pretty good couple of great last ditch challenges in second half.

while we sat back a bit in the 2nd half we did break well at times and created some very decent chances specifically Doms fluffed one one one early in second half.

anyway a hard fought battling win and a clean sheet.

mon the Hibs
    I was surprised when Henderson came on for Cummings and not Keatings.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    180 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Shrink View Post
    I'd have to say it looked a bit soft - but it was at the far end so hard to tell. What I DID see clearly though was David Gray getting pushed over just before the penalty award. THAT looked a stone-waller to me.
    When they interviewed Stubbsy after the match, they asked him what he thought about "the main incident of the game". He replied, "Do you mean the penalty we got, or the one we should have been awarded before it?" Stubbsy! Stubbsy!
    Last edited by 7 Hills; 21-10-15 at 07:43.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    523 Post(s)
    vCash
    Can I heighten the fact that Falkirk fans are greetin faced ****s?! Every decision without a thought yelled at.

Bairns indeed.

Gray for his strong display and lack of support was my MotM. Too many misplaced and aimless passes throughout for all but glad Hibs didnae dae a Hibs and crumble.

Lee Miller was lucky he wasnae around when Dennis or Hughes were centre half. He'd be punted back taewords Linlithgae the $#@!ing mutant.
    Last edited by Bounce Bouncer; 21-10-15 at 09:39. Reason: quote code error fix

Doonhamer Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    383 Post(s)
    vCash
    Good solid report.Hard fought three points,too many unforced errors in our game.But 3 pts next.

Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6636 Post(s)
    vCash
    When they interviewed Stubbsy after the match, they asked him what he thought about "the main incident of the game". He replied, " Do you mean the penalty we got, or the one we should have been awarded before it?" Stubbsy! Stubbsy!
    That's the way to shut the ****s up before they can get started.

It was doing my nut in listening to the commentators go on and on for about 70 minutes about how much the penalty wasnt a penalty. I've never heard similar outrage when the huns get their inevitable penalty when required.
    They're gone, not here, forgotten
    The maroon brigade now cry
    The city is now Hibernian
    The team that would not die

[© Daddy O'Hibee]

If you don’t know what introspection is, you need to take a long, hard look at yourself

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    180 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dub View Post

It was doing my nut in listening to the commentators go on and on for about 70 minutes about how much the penalty wasnt a penalty. I've never heard similar outrage when the huns get their inevitable penalty when required.
    I have NEVER heard a penalty award been SO criticised or disputed by these ****s in my life! As I said above, they spent most of halftime interviewing Falkirk fans about their view of the penalty! One female Bairn even slipped in the fact that she thought we are all still bitter coz they beat us in the semi-final of the Cup last season! WTF?!

Radge Monthly Contributor
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    557 Post(s)
    vCash
    the sooner we get oot i this pish league the better....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    180 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jock3 View Post
    the sooner we get oot i this pish league the better....
    Amen.

Radge Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)
    vCash
    Thanks Leitchy
    Great report much appreciated here in Sydney .
    1875 will be taking mair holidays if you are always available

Radge Monthly Contributor

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    949 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
    Just a wee reminder here folks. Just remember ALL the media including a HUGE part Of the BBC "ARE" and I mean "ARE" doing everything in their powers to make sure we do NOT win this league!!!! That is a 100% FACT!!!!!

spot the $#@! on kenny

Justified Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3346 Post(s)
    vCash

As another radio listener, I'd just like to confirm that they talked about little else.

"And before we talk about the penalty, we'll ask Foreskin Houston about the penalty, but not before we ask some fcukin random fans about the penalty. Then we'll talk about it some more. We might even interrupt Chick's crywanking at Hunbrox to talk about the penalty he hasnae seen but definitely knows about. Then we'll ask Ken Livingstone, Michael Cheika, Judge Judy, and Sting, then we'll call it a night."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'...

Toddler Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Shrink View Post
    i was was totally convinced at the time it was a penalty and couldn't understand why the Fawkurk Folk were giving the ref pelters, he had given them everything up to that point !

Just seen it on SSN and it does look a bit soft, but how many legit pks have been waved away this season, more than a couple, so we will take it, thank you very much

Decent sized support tonight but oh so quiet - Saturday was like that as well, what's up ?

Lets make some some major noise at Kirkcaldy, this is a BIG game for us GGTTH

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1925 Post(s)
    vCash
    DEFO a pen

HibernianFC | Hibernian TV

my concern is that off of the back of this hibs wont get another pen for 6 months.

waghorn averages 4 pens a month....we've had 3 all season
    follow the programme archive on twitter: http://twitter.com/hibsbollah

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6340 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    DEFO a pen

HibernianFC | Hibernian TV

my concern is that off of the back of this hibs wont get another pen for 6 months.

waghorn averages 4 pens a month....we've had 3 all season
    Stubbsy obviously read my post and pointed out the David Gray incident too.
    Wonder what his user name is?

**** The Hearts

Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1611 Post(s)
    vCash
    Hate to get all polis drama on you, watch video, re watch video, watch video again and spot a vital clue ....freeze frame, you know the script. Well watch Stubbsy's cheek slightly invert trying with every sinew in his body not to smile/laugh on saying ' Ye know, I think overall, in the game, the referee was consistent for both teams'. The best coded way of saying the referee was rank, I've seen.

BIG G

Everyone's words of support are helping me thru this. I appreciate every comment, prayer and positive thought.

Guys and girls I can't emphasise how much your words are encouraging and helping me. This battle has barely started but I know you'll be by my side every step of the way - it's giving me great strength - Shaun 16/03/2016

A True Gadgie/Gadgess
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1216 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dub View Post

I've never been one for the conspiracy $#@!e Iain but the BBC Sportsound bunch really do seem like they have got something against our club.

I'm a Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3813 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bambino View Post
    I've never been one for the conspiracy $#@!e Iain but the BBC Sportsound bunch really do seem like they have got something against our club.
    Like most of Scotland they're interested in 2 teams , when has it ever been any different ?

Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3173 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Forzahibs View Post
    Like most of Scotland they're interested in 2 teams , when has it ever been any different ?
    It's definitely changed now Forza, the gunts are now high on the brown nosing stakes joining their friends, it's now the more bigoted, tax and charity thiefs and deluded you are the more the Beeb rave for you
    GGTTH

I'm a Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3813 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hattie View Post
    It's definitely changed now Forza, the gunts are now high on the brown nosing stakes joining their friends, it's now the more bigoted, tax and charity thiefs and deluded you are the more the Beeb rave for you
    Oh aye they definitely have a wee soft spot for them at the moment but they'd still be the poor relation if they dared challenge the "big two"

Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3173 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Forzahibs View Post
    Oh aye they definitely have a wee soft spot for them at the moment but they'd still be the poor relation if they dared challenge the "big two"
    Most definitely, no one can dare take anything away from the two biggest football institutions in the world😳😳😳
    GGTTH

A True Gadgie/Gadgess
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1216 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hattie View Post
    And Aberdeen. They certainly hate us though.

am out there jerry an am lovin every minute of it!!!!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    185 Post(s)
    vCash
    thanks for an excellent report leitchy, up tae the usual high standards i always look forward tae readin on the bounce

myopic refereein, contentious penalty, biaised establishment media reportage, is that no traditional scottish fitba?

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2461 Post(s)
    vCash
    The thing I can never get my head around when it comes to these sort of contentious penalty decisions which turn out to be the only goals in the match...the other team still have 90 minutes to score a goal so if they fail to do so they can have no complaints. I would say the same thing if it was against Hibs by the way. Managers always make a song and dance about these sort of decisions when they go against them and their team has lost, but if Falkirk had drawn or ultimately won last night you wouldn't hear a peep from Houston about it.

That was certainly a soft award last night, but the referee should have pointed to the spot just before for the challenge on David Gray which certainly was a penalty. There was still plenty of time left for them to get an equaliser and they couldn't do it.
    Last edited by Greenmachine; 24-10-15 at 21:16.
    "I can't stress enough how important it is to be in possession of the football - it is better to be the matador rather than the bull"

John Hughes

GoGO Back To Forum