Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5559 Post(s)
    vCash

Just back and that was poor Hibs

Hibs simply were too pedestrian, I think Stubbs got it wrong, the 442 is far too slow, predictable and ponderous, pass pass pass, turn backwards, pass pass pass, turn back, pass pass pass, mis pass. Pish.

All good work of Wednesday night has gone with the poor tactics, the drudgery of the performance and lack of goals.

I have mentioned how teams come and sit in, St Mirren were the classic example, of this, worse we gave them a goal. But we have enough good players to break down a back 9, they didnae do it. We cannae afford to have passengers like Boyle, and Henderson, hook them if they are not performing. I will here all the Boyle lovers telling us how good he is, dinnae confuse endeavour with ability. His goal was the fifth touch of the ball he had first half I think? As for Henderson, sorry, he shat it from Goodwin all game and should have been hooked.

Lucky, every week we have consistently good performers, more often than not they are Paul Hanlon, Dylan McGeogh and David Gray, same today. I also thought Cummings worked hard for the ball.

It was not good enough, you made your substitutions too late Stubbs, and ye dinnae get three points for possession.

The players

Oxley had a few fumbles and punches, he wastes way too much time for me and hesitates too often.

David Gray had a good game, he has been doing so for a few weeks now. Needs to improve his crossing back to previous standards would be fine.

Fontaine was his usual average self. The guy can’t head a ball properly. Stubbs could, teach Liam please Alan.

Hanlon, yet another good game. Hanlon starts slowly, makes a few wee boobs then goes on to have a good game.

Stevenson done well enough today, but didn’t link with Henderson at all. He might have been sent off for stupidly pushing the ref.

Bartley came back in to break up play, and slow it down I think. He had to break up play with so many cloggers in the St Mirren team, but he walks the game.

John McGinn played well defensively today, but too many of his passes did not find a Hibs player.

Dylan McGeogh makes Hibernian tick, its simple. Smashing fitba player, I think I could write the same thing every week.

Henderson, just didn’t get going again today. Goodwin had the laddie in his pocket from early in the first half and I would have taken him off as he was ineffective. Stubbs waiting far too long to do so. Mistake.

Boyle – I know lots of you love him, I know he scored. But if I wanted to go and watch fast runners, I would get a season ticket for Meadowbank. Does not do enough in the game.

Jason got stuck in today and tried to make chances. Cannot be easy playing as a loan striker, especially when you have Boyle and Malonga up there with you sometimes.

Subs

Dominic Malonga came on after 70 minutes for Boyle, should have scored a header, should have done more.

Carmichael –Danny done well when he came on, replacing the hapless Henderson. I would have had him on much earlier, to give us some spark.

Stubbsy got it completely wrong. If we have to watch that mundane guff most weeks and we win, I can accept it. I don’t when we can’t beat St Mirren and he does very little to change the shape. Piss poor Alan, piss poor.

The referee was useless, its became my by-line.

St Mirren sat in, played on the break, hack, kicked, shoved, niggled and moaned all game. Goodwin should have been sent off for his off the ball elbow late in the game, Thomson should have had a straight red for his scythe of Paul Hanlon. The reason they didn’t is defined in my point about poor referees above.

My man of the match was easy, it was Dylan McGeogh, he is very good.

Nearly 9000 subdued souls today, you won’t get the fans back playing as clueless as that Hibs.

Must do better Hibs
    nil satis nisi optimum

Coffee Shop Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    329 Post(s)
    vCash
    @1875

Cheers for that Mark, thanks for taking the time to write it up in what must be a miserable mood.

Can you (or anyone) tell me how many real chances on goal we had? Or was it mostly possession which ended at the final third of the park?
    Fúckin clubs are fúckin dull the fúckin pubs are fúckin full
    Of fúckin girls and fúckin guys with fúckin murder in their eyes

I'm a Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3814 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HaarlemShuffler View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    @1875

Cheers for that Mark, thanks for taking the time to write it up in what must be a miserable mood.

Can you (or anyone) tell me how many real chances on goal we had? Or was it mostly possession which ended at the final third of the park?
    Malongas header is the only one i can remember but of course it wasn't nearly good enough .he's crap basically

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    208 Post(s)
    vCash
    Boyle had a great chance when he got put through and fluffed it. Chances like those 2 are what win leagues and unfortunately for us we don't have the ruthlessness.

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    vCash
    Disappointing result. We don't create enough. Individual mistake from Stevenson costs us the goal. In a cut throat league where we have to win every gane and then take more than six out of twelve from Der hun we can't afford that. The league is pretty much unwinnable now due to oxley at Dumbarton and Stevenson today. Play off it will need to be and objective still achieved.
    We will take that and a cup double😄
    kaiser sauzee - the original, but not necessarily the best

Radge Private Member

as far away fi The Saville Dome as possible
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1158 Post(s)
    vCash
    That's two weeks in a row I've left the ground shaking my head at the dross offered up to us as entertainment It's simply not good enough and very poor.
    I've got mair chance getting a game for the smellies than Henderson. And Boyle has pace and err he's fast
    After Wednesday I was really looking forward to the game but left feeling l should have done the garden instead.
    I don't expect us to be world-beaters with our budget but I do expect to be entertained

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    107 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HaarlemShuffler View Post
    @1875

Stevenson hit the bar with his cross Malonga header well saved about 5 or six chances nearly 9k at the game 8.74k went home disappointed

get off yer bum an sing radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2198 Post(s)
    vCash
    Never heard an interview where AS was directly asked about our slow passing game. No one seems close enough to him to offer a view either...frustrating because if we can all see it, surely he can. £42 for a couple of games is a lot of money. Aberdeen made me not think too much of the money, todays game made me wonder whether to save some weeks for a short break

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    313 Post(s)
    vCash
    Stevenson was a lucky, lucky laddie with his push on the ref. It was certainly a harder shove than the infamous DiCanio one.
    If the ref had sent him off he could've been looking at several games of a ban.

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2463 Post(s)
    vCash
    Very disappointing and damaging result today, we simply cannot afford to drop points at Easter Road if we are serious about automatic promotion.
    Quite simply we could have played all night and not got a second goal. Hibs had loads of possession and attacked relentlessly but did not ask any serious questions of the experienced and well-organised St Mirren defence and we failed dismally to create any clear cut chances throughout the game. As I have said before this Hibs team is not going to score many goals in any match due to the way we go about games. We are far too slow and predictable when attacking and we do not have enough variety to our play. A complete absence of any genuine width and pace on the flanks just makes it easy for opposing teams to sit in and defend against us. Losing the first goal just made things even more difficult than usual. No doubting Hibs efforts, but at the moment we have a complete lack of any real physical presence up front and there is also a lack of fit alternatives for the manager...a ridiculous situation which continues to hamper us.

RE Players I thought Hanlon and Gray had decent games, McGeoch gives his all I just wish he would attack the penalty area more often with the ball but then that goes for the whole team. We do not get enough bodies into the box when attacking, our deliveries into the penalty box and set-pieces are dreadful and we do not have anyone who can hold the ball up. When you see Hibs players trying 35 yard shots at goal from early on you know we are going to struggle badly for goals and struggle we most certainly did. IMO Malonga should have started the game with Cummings up top and Boyle wide on the right as he is a fast, nippy winger and nothing else IMO. I thought Malonga's header was a fantastic save from the goalkeeper rather than a bad miss. Some of the players looked knackered midway through the game especially McGinn and Henderson. There is no doubt Wednesdays game took a lot out of them but at the end of the day there was no excuse for dropping two priceless points at home today against a team we should be beating comfortably.

It's second place now at best for Hibs IMO...let's just make sure we get it.
    "I can't stress enough how important it is to be in possession of the football - it is better to be the matador rather than the bull"

John Hughes

Micro$oft Hating Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    741 Post(s)
    vCash
    There's that word again, "pedestrian".
    Charlie don't surf !

Radge Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    831 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmc View Post
    Stevenson was a lucky, lucky laddie with his push on the ref. It was certainly a harder shove than the infamous DiCanio one.
    If the ref had sent him off he could've been looking at several games of a ban.
    He might still.

These things tend to crop up again, and if you think the authorities will just forget about it... Well, I wouldn't.

****ed off Radge

Edinburgh, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3761 Post(s)
    vCash
    We desperately need to stop shooting from 20-30 yards... How many have we scored from out there!?!

We have good possession stats because teams come and play in their own box when we have the ball. So we shoot from distance cause we can't break through... All the time I hear people moaning about how we have 20 shots per game, 4 on target and 1 goal... But that's all down to where we shoot from.. Not creating good chances/

Stubbs got his formation all sorts of wrong today for me.

I couldn't even tell quite what it was... Goalkeeper, 4 at the back, Bartley sitting very very deep (nowhere near goodwin where we needed him btw) Henderson sorta wide left, McGeouch and McGinn in the middle, Boyle somewhere just behind Cummings.

It was almost a 41311, but with Gray being our only real width on the right, and Henderson/Stevenson working the left
    Illegitimi non carborundum.

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    156 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875 View Post
    Hibs simply were too pedestrian, I think Stubbs got it wrong, the 442 is far too slow, predictable and ponderous, pass pass pass, turn backwards, pass pass pass, turn back, pass pass pass, mis pass. Pish.

All good work of Wednesday night has gone with the poor tactics, the drudgery of the performance and lack of goals.

I have mentioned how teams come and sit in, St Mirren were the classic example, of this, worse we gave them a goal. But we have enough good players to break down a back 9, they didnae do it. We cannae afford to have passengers like Boyle, and Henderson, hook them if they are not performing. I will here all the Boyle lovers telling us how good he is, dinnae confuse endeavour with ability. His goal was the fifth touch of the ball he had first half I think? As for Henderson, sorry, he shat it from Goodwin all game and should have been hooked.

Lucky, every week we have consistently good performers, more often than not they are Paul Hanlon, Dylan McGeogh and David Gray, same today. I also thought Cummings worked hard for the ball.

It was not good enough, you made your substitutions too late Stubbs, and ye dinnae get three points for possession.

The players

Oxley had a few fumbles and punches, he wastes way too much time for me and hesitates too often.

David Gray had a good game, he has been doing so for a few weeks now. Needs to improve his crossing back to previous standards would be fine.

Fontaine was his usual average self. The guy can’t head a ball properly. Stubbs could, teach Liam please Alan.

Hanlon, yet another good game. Hanlon starts slowly, makes a few wee boobs then goes on to have a good game.

Stevenson done well enough today, but didn’t link with Henderson at all. He might have been sent off for stupidly pushing the ref.

Bartley came back in to break up play, and slow it down I think. He had to break up play with so many cloggers in the St Mirren team, but he walks the game.

John McGinn played well defensively today, but too many of his passes did not find a Hibs player.

Dylan McGeogh makes Hibernian tick, its simple. Smashing fitba player, I think I could write the same thing every week.

Henderson, just didn’t get going again today. Goodwin had the laddie in his pocket from early in the first half and I would have taken him off as he was ineffective. Stubbs waiting far too long to do so. Mistake.

Boyle – I know lots of you love him, I know he scored. But if I wanted to go and watch fast runners, I would get a season ticket for Meadowbank. Does not do enough in the game.

Jason got stuck in today and tried to make chances. Cannot be easy playing as a loan striker, especially when you have Boyle and Malonga up there with you sometimes.

Subs

Dominic Malonga came on after 70 minutes for Boyle, should have scored a header, should have done more.

Carmichael –Danny done well when he came on, replacing the hapless Henderson. I would have had him on much earlier, to give us some spark.

Stubbsy got it completely wrong. If we have to watch that mundane guff most weeks and we win, I can accept it. I don’t when we can’t beat St Mirren and he does very little to change the shape. Piss poor Alan, piss poor.

The referee was useless, its became my by-line.

St Mirren sat in, played on the break, hack, kicked, shoved, niggled and moaned all game. Goodwin should have been sent off for his off the ball elbow late in the game, Thomson should have had a straight red for his scythe of Paul Hanlon. The reason they didn’t is defined in my point about poor referees above.

My man of the match was easy, it was Dylan McGeogh, he is very good.

Nearly 9000 subdued souls today, you won’t get the fans back playing as clueless as that Hibs.

Must do better Hibs
    Brutally honest assessment, and one I totally agree with.

Such a frustrating performance today - I could understand starting Boyle and Cummings against Aberdeen where we were looking to hit quickly on the break but using the same two today mystified me. Where was the space behind to run into with 9 behind the ball all game? Faliing to change it after half an hour was criminal - move Boyle out wide, he is never a striker in a million years but tbf at least he has some pace.

Our management team worry me with the tactics they adopt in this division, we show very poor teams far too much respect, slow build up possession football and a real lack of any plan B has already seen us surrender any chance of the title. Only the manager knows why we started so slowly this season after what seemed a very poor preparation..there are definite questions to answer and it seems churlish to suggest it but Stubbs and the players have engineered a situation where despite a fantastic cup result they are already under massive pressure in our league campaign before September is out.

Ive said elsewhere I don't really care how we get out of this division as long as we do but I fully expected us to not have meekly surrendered the league title by September. I'm pretty pissed off tonight tbh.

LEGEND!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2248 Post(s)
    vCash
    Maybe cos it's I expected us to get pumped (post-good result syndrome) but I couldn't get too worked up about that. A nonsense people booed after it. In all honesty except from two wonder goals that came from nowhere what was the difference between that and the Aberdeen match?

Fans are never happy. Hate it when we pump ball up the park and hate it when we short pass. Hate it when we try pass the ball in the net and hate it when we shoot from distance.

We didn't look like scoring but we're a first division team with two first-pick strikers missing. Our midfield is decent, dunno what Stubbs is expected to do different? Even the best teams in the world struggle to break down a deeply defensive opposition, sometimes it needs a bit of magic to open them apart - it didn't happen today. We move on.
    'I'd rather see my sister in a brothel than my brother in a Hearts scarf'

**** The Hearts

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1611 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Barone View Post

Such a frustrating performance today - I could understand starting Boyle and Cummings against Aberdeen where we were looking to hit quickly on the break but using the same two today mystified me. Where was the space behind to run into with 9 behind the ball all game? Faliing to change it after half an hour was criminal - move Boyle out wide, he is never a striker in a million years but tbf at least he has some pace.

Our management team worry me with the tactics they adopt in this division, we show very poor teams far too much respect, slow build up possession football and a real lack of any plan B has already seen us surrender any chance of the title. Only the manager knows why we started so slowly this season after what seemed a very poor preparation..there are definite questions to answer and it seems churlish to suggest it but Stubbs and the players have engineered a situation where despite a fantastic cup result they are already under massive pressure in our league campaign before September is out.

Ive said elsewhere I don't really care how we get out of this division as long as we do but I fully expected us to not have meekly surrendered the league title by September. I'm pretty pissed off tonight tbh.
    Steady the Buffs FFS amigo.

BIG G

Everyone's words of support are helping me thru this. I appreciate every comment, prayer and positive thought.

Guys and girls I can't emphasise how much your words are encouraging and helping me. This battle has barely started but I know you'll be by my side every step of the way - it's giving me great strength - Shaun 16/03/2016

Toddler Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)
    vCash
    Gonna have to stop reading the Hunday Mail match reports, complete f@ckwit has given yesterday's ref Crawford Allan 7/10 "was always keen to let the game flow and delivered a master class in sensible refereeing" and made Goodwin MoM, unbelievable!!!! The ref didn't stop us from winning, that was down to us being unable to break down yet another 10 man defence, but any suggestion he had a decent game is f@ckin nonsense - 10am on a pleasant Sunday morning, blood pressure already sky high 😠

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    213 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The__Proclaimer View Post
    Maybe cos it's I expected us to get pumped (post-good result syndrome) but I couldn't get too worked up about that. A nonsense people booed after it. In all honesty except from two wonder goals that came from nowhere what was the difference between that and the Aberdeen match?

Fans are never happy. Hate it when we pump ball up the park and hate it when we short pass. Hate it when we try pass the ball in the net and hate it when we shoot from distance.

We didn't look like scoring but we're a first division team with two first-pick strikers missing. Our midfield is decent, dunno what Stubbs is expected to do different? Even the best teams in the world struggle to break down a deeply defensive opposition, sometimes it needs a bit of magic to open them apart - it didn't happen today. We move on.
    AHHH JEESO!!! What a breath of fresh air, reading a positive post!!! Well said Proc
    ONE OF THE SYMPTOMS OF AN APPROACHING NERVOUS BREAKDOWN IS THE BELIEF THAT ONES WORK IS TERRIBLY IMPORTANT

Doonhamer Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    383 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Barone View Post

I said it on another thread,and I know it will not be a popular train of thought .We beat Aberdeen great result,however the league is our bread and butter.There should of been some form of squad rotation for these games,for example Malonga is fresh,Cummings is tired,Boyle is mince Carmicheal is fresh.It again goes tae show a lack of planning and foresight from management team.His interview on Hibs TV was full of excuses,oh they did this and they did that,can someone tell him its his job tae figure it out.And can Cliff ask real questions,stop the propaganda interviews.
    No plan B again this season,left back a crucial position for driving beyond and turning defences towards their own goal,that's how you score goals.Ignored by Stubbs ,Lewis is a great chap but can't do it.Nobody mention bringing in eckersley ffs.
    Facts are Facts we failed last year,we are probably 11pts behind the huns today in September that's unacceptable to me.
    But the Club will back Stubbs and so they should,as will I .
    But I have serious issues on his abilities to lead Hibs.

LEGEND!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2248 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurieston197 View Post
    Gonna have to stop reading the Hunday Mail match reports, complete f@ckwit has given yesterday's ref Crawford Allan 7/10 "was always keen to let the game flow and delivered a master class in sensible refereeing" and made Goodwin MoM, unbelievable!!!! The ref didn't stop us from winning, that was down to us being unable to break down yet another 10 man defence, but any suggestion he had a decent game is f@ckin nonsense - 10am on a pleasant Sunday morning, blood pressure already sky high 😠
    Going to disagree again. He played two good advantages, booked a player for diving and was bias in our favour - Stevenson should have been off for the push, ignored a Stevenson handball when he was the last man and if you were sitting in the East you'd have seen 4/5 throws & corners that should have went to them instead. Agreed that means he had a poor game but it was to our advantage.
    'I'd rather see my sister in a brothel than my brother in a Hearts scarf'

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    377 Post(s)
    vCash
    Things that stuck out for me in the game:

Cummings - Absolute waste of a jersey for me yesterday. His touch and hold up play was poor, too slow to make decisions, picked the wrong decision after taking too long to make it. I know Jason scores a good goal with a bit of class now and again and he is our top scorer, but just not consistent enough for me and doesn't offer enough.

Hanlon - Back to his usual self yesterday, pish.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4214 Post(s)
    vCash
    What's all this slipping up nonsense that's afflicting our players? Yesterday and Wednesday players slipped at critical times both in attack and defence.

I don't think it gets any more basic than equipping yourself properly so you can stay upright!
    Space to let

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4612 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The__Proclaimer View Post
    ignored a Stevenson handball when he was the last man .
    Thank Sauzee someone else saw that. I thought I was going mad at the game. Clearly saw it as a handball by Lewis but the majority of those around us were up on their feet calling the referee for everything for not giving a hand ball award to us - all claiming it was a Saints player handling the ball. Some were apoplectic. I think one man burst.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack
    What's all this slipping up nonsense that's afflicting our players? Yesterday and Wednesday players slipped at critical times both in attack and defence. I don't think it gets any more basic than equipping yourself properly so you can stay upright!
    Happened lots on Wednesday too. Both teams. Is the pitch being over watered ahead of kick off?
    Hibs are standing on the brink of history...

Quite a bit past it radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6343 Post(s)
    vCash
    Boyle mince.
    Hanlon pish.

I must have been at a different game again.

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4612 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Shrink View Post
    Boyle mince. Hanlon pish. I must have been at a different game again.
    Football fans are a fickle bunch, eh? We had a guy in a seat in front of us yesterday who let everyone around him know he was at his first game this season and Hibs had better not "let him down". Bawled abuse at them all game then proceeds to shout at the pitch that the players were the blame for him "losing his voice". "STFU then" came the retort from the guy directly in front of him who had his ears ringing for all 85 mins of the game...he was saved the remainder by the voice-loser leaving with 5 mins to go.

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    377 Post(s)
    vCash
    Boyle mince.
    Hanlon pish.

I must have been at a different game again.
    Must have.

However Boyle wasn't mince, in fact I thought he was excellent.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3573 Post(s)
    vCash
    @Laurieston197 I`m trying to quote ye but for some reason it wont work. Works for everyone else though. Mystery

Anyhow, The Mail gave Goodwin MOM? Seriously?
    I started out with nothing and i`ve still got most of it left.

" Without people, you`re nothing.." - Joe Strummer.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    vCash
    Goodwin is doing a great coaching job at St Midden, if nurturing future hatchet men is his role. Cant understand why Bartley never took to putting the runt in his place. They deserve to be in that league, absoulte waste of money to go see a team play so negatively and the timewasting was horrendous from pretty much the moment they scored. Does not excuse the poor passing and lack of imaganation in final third though.

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4612 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    @Laurieston197 Anyhow, The Mail gave Goodwin MOM? Seriously?
    Who would you have given it to? Hate him (rightly so) but ultimately I reckon they got what they came for because he dictated midfield. Bartley coming back in was likely a move to counter him but that simply did not happen. And the likes of Henderson went into their shell.
    Last edited by SKII; 27-09-15 at 14:56.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3573 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SKII View Post
    Who would you have given it to? Hate him (rightly so) but ultimately I reckon they got what they came from because he dictated midfield. Bartley coming back in was likely a move to counter him but that simply did not happen. And the likes of Henderson went into their shell.
    I paid particular attention to Goodwin during the game. He constantly fouled, grabbed our players, picked Boyle up and threw him to the ground then laughed when the ref gave the foul and should`ve been set off for an elbow on another of our players. He is a disgrace and if a display like that is what qualifies you to win MOM awards in this league then i give up.

I`d have given the award to McGeough who was outstanding.

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4612 Post(s)
    vCash
    I paid particular attention to Goodwin during the game. He constantly fouled, grabbed our players, picked Boyle up and threw him to the ground then laughed when the ref gave the foul and should`ve been set off for an elbow on another of our players. He is a disgrace and if a display like that is what qualifies you to win MOM awards in this league then i give up.
    I don't like Goodwin's style either but there is no getting away from the fact that he influenced the outcome of the game.
    I actually didn't think McGeouch was at his best yesterday. Opinions, eh?

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3573 Post(s)
    vCash
    I don't like Goodwin's style either but there is no getting away from the fact that he influenced the outcome of the game. I actually didn't think McGeouch was at his best yesterday. Opinions, eh?
    I should`ve said "relatively" in comparison to the 22 players on the pitch. He has had better games but i still think his was the best performance yesterday.

I still disagree about Goodwin though. I dont think he did influence the game. I think we influenced it ourselves because we look like we are too afraid to take players on when we get into attacking areas. We just continue to pass the ball off to someone else as though we`re trying to walk it into the net. We get very few free kicks in front of goal around the 18yd line because we dont drive forward at teams when get up there.

Doonhamer Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    383 Post(s)
    vCash
    I agree firmly with op Boyle can run fast.

Easy Now Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2026 Post(s)
    vCash
    Goodwin was MOTM. The auld $#@! was everywhere yesterday using his devious ways to snuff us out. Webster(spit) controlled his defence expertly too. 2 pricks that I can't stand but I ken what I saw. As for Hibs it was all a bit "Meh!" and we never got beat so I'll take a crumb of comfort in that. We won't win this league but we must get out via that play-off. This whole season is just filling in time till we get to that stage for me. There will be highs n' lows but it simply MUST end on a high.

****ed off Radge

Edinburgh, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3761 Post(s)
    vCash

Man of the match is for the player who impacts the game most... Goodwin, easily.

McGeouch spent too much of yesterday filling in for Gray being our only width, think he was held back yesterday by our tactics. Done his job well though, but didn't get to influence the game, just ours.
    Illegitimi non carborundum.

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    577 Post(s)
    vCash
    After enjoying for the first time the train journey from Galashiels to Edinburgh and then having to spend £22 to sit and watch something that took me straight back to 2008/2009 hurt, boy could we do with a proper striker, Benji or Deeks would have twisted and turned through that stagnant defense and put the ball into the back of the net , plus i was pleased to see a little more use of drawing the opposition to a corner and gaining a corner after using them for deflections , but what the hell do they do in training , set pieces we have to have the worst corner to goal scoring ratio on the planet , although some nice football as most have said it was too pedestrian and Saints were the more lively of the two teams , glad Hibs equalized though that was a pleasure to watch , but a win after Wednesdays triumph would have been the icing on the cake .

Just my thoughts G.G.T.T.H.

Easy Now Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2026 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by timberfox View Post
    After enjoying for the first time the train journey from Galashiels to Edinburgh and then having to spend £22 to sit and watch something that took me straight back to 2008/2009 hurt, boy could we do with a proper striker, Benji or Deeks would have twisted and turned through that stagnant defense and put the ball into the back of the net , plus i was pleased to see a little more use of drawing the opposition to a corner and gaining a corner after using them for deflections , but what the hell do they do in training , set pieces we have to have the worst corner to goal scoring ratio on the planet , although some nice football as most have said it was too pedestrian and Saints were the more lively of the two teams , glad Hibs equalized though that was a pleasure to watch , but a win after Wednesdays triumph would have been the icing on the cake .

Just my thoughts G.G.T.T.H.
    Our corners are ever so predictable. Failure to score...Yip. Nobody getting a header on target...Yip. Ball never falls in an advantageous position for Hibs to get a lucky goal after a melee...Yip. Hit too hard and low to front post...Yip. Hit too long and floaty to back post...Yip. I could go on...

We only have 2 players who attack the ball with aggression, timing and determination, sadly both are injured. Forster and Farid. Last couple of games we've tried the old Latapy to Sauzee...smash ...GOAL! set piece but they've been woeful attempts TBH. McGinn was putting in cracking balls earlier but now with his wee dip in form last couple o' games he's overhitting them or it's just not coming off for him at the mo. I can forgive him though as he's my fave player and he just keeps at it. Admirable young man.

Hibs & Corners = Frustration

Quite a bit past it radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6343 Post(s)
    vCash
    Playtime wins a lot of headers in the box, but appears to have a head like a thruppenny bit. Or 50p coin for younger Bouncers.

He'd be as well staying back and letting Lewis go for the headers - just as much chance of scoring.

radge grandad radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2471 Post(s)
    vCash
    Playtime wins a lot of headers in the box, but appears to have a head like a thruppenny bit. Or 50p coin for younger Bouncers.

He'd be as well staying back and letting Lewis go for the headers - just as much chance of scoring.
    Fontaine?

Think I might nip over to Gorgie Farm and count some Chickens before they've hatched

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3573 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbybilly View Post
    Fontaine?
    Clearly @Sir Shrink`s a Viz reader...

Toddler Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)
    vCash
    Who would you have given it to? Hate him (rightly so) but ultimately I reckon they got what they came for because he dictated midfield. Bartley coming back in was likely a move to counter him but that simply did not happen. And the likes of Henderson went into their shell.
    Dylan was our standout performer yesterday, Goodwin is a horrid creature, you should never award MoM to snidey cheats like that, no interest in creating anything whatsoever, only to stop our guys playing by whatever means he could. I know we need to win ugly sometimes, but that **** takes the biscuit
    Last edited by SKII; 27-09-15 at 18:04. Reason: quote code error fix

Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3173 Post(s)
    vCash
    Dylan was our standout performer yesterday, Goodwin is a horrid creature, you should never award MoM to snidey cheats like that, no interest in creating anything whatsoever, only to stop our guys playing by whatever means he could. I know we need to win ugly sometimes, but that **** takes the biscuit
    I agree, a destroyer of the game can IMO never be the "man" of the match... It's a contradiction in terms imo.
    Motm was clearly Mcgeoch for me, Goodwin couldn't even be that player in his dreams.
    An out and out thug and Saint midden were the worst "footballing" side ive witnessed in a long time.
    And how the ref can witness a blatant off the ball kick on Mcgeoch, let play on as advantage, a clear red card offence, so ref then does.... Nothing, not even a talking too, nothing! Simply shocking refereeing. Which he was guilty of the whole game.
    Watching teams like st midden kick everything that moves coupled with shocking refereeing makes me hate the game sometimes.
    I can handle us being $#@!e sometimes though, you just hope things get better

Sorry for the rant😳

Toddler Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hattie View Post
    I agree, a destroyer of the game can IMO never be the "man" of the match... It's a contradiction in terms imo.
    Motm was clearly Mcgeoch for me, Goodwin couldn't even be that player in his dreams.
    An out and out thug and Saint midden were the worst "footballing" side ive witnessed in a long time.
    And how the ref can witness a blatant off the ball kick on Mcgeoch, let play on as advantage, a clear red card offence, so ref then does.... Nothing, not even a talking too, nothing! Simply shocking refereeing. Which he was guilty of the whole game.
    Watching teams like st midden kick everything that moves coupled with shocking refereeing makes me hate the game sometimes.
    I can handle us being $#@!e sometimes though, you just hope things get better

Sorry for the rant������
    No apology required IMO @Hattie, those were my thoughts when I read the match report this morning, almost couldn't manage my second roll on sausage - but I'm nothing if not a trier so persevered lol

- - - Updated - - -

@Laurieston197 I`m trying to quote ye but for some reason it wont work. Works for everyone else though. Mystery

Anyhow, The Mail gave Goodwin MOM? Seriously?
    used Tapatalk @Fritz, normally iPad, wonder if that had something to do with it ?

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3573 Post(s)
    vCash
    used Tapatalk @Fritz, normally iPad, wonder if that had something to do with it ?
    Hmm, odd. Yours was the only post that i couldn`t quote. When i clicked 'reply to post' the page would load but the quote wasn`t there. I tried 4 or 5 times. Nothing.

When i tested it with other posts it worked fine. Strange.

Toddler Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)
    vCash
    Hmm, odd. Yours was the only post that i couldn`t quote. When i clicked 'reply to post' the page would load but the quote wasn`t there. I tried 4 or 5 times. Nothing.

When i tested it with other posts it worked fine. Strange.
    Bizarre mate, use Tapatalk on a Windows phone, no expert but there are a few wee niggles with certain Apps, that could be another

All further posts have been on the iPad and you are quoting them ok

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3573 Post(s)
    vCash
    Bizarre mate, use Tapatalk on a Windows phone, no expert but there are a few wee niggles with certain Apps, that could be another

All further posts have been on the iPad and you are quoting them ok
    Hmm strange. I rarely post from my phone. It`s always my laptop. Maybe one for @JFTB to look into

Not that it`s a biggie J, just curious

GoGO Back To Forum