Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3571 Post(s)
    vCash

The Haka.

We`ve all seen the New Zealand rugby team perform their 'Haka' before they play. It`s a great thing to see. This, however, is truly stunning. I`ve never seen a Haka performed like this and i guess it`s how it should be done. This blew me away when i watched it and i`ve watched it now several times. Absolutely astonishing.

"Dawson Tamatea was one of the most popular teachers at the Palmerston North school in Wellington, New Zealand. He taught gym and math for over 30 years, leaving his impression on the school forever. When he died, he left a large hole in the community and the lives of the students. But since he was such a great teacher, the students wanted to do something special for his funeral: they decide to perform a “Haka,” a traditional dance of the New Zealand aboriginals, the Maori. This dance is performed to intimidate enemies. The school was only open for half the day so that all the students and teachers could attend the funeral and perform their Haka. The performance must be seen: "

I started out with nothing and i`ve still got most of it left.

" Without people, you`re nothing.." - Joe Strummer.

Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6635 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We`ve all seen the New Zealand rugby team perform their 'Haka' before they play. It`s a great thing to see. This, however, is truly stunning. I`ve never seen a Haka performed like this and i guess it`s how it should be done. This blew me away when i watched it and i`ve watched it now several times. Absolutely astonishing.

"Dawson Tamatea was one of the most popular teachers at the Palmerston North school in Wellington, New Zealand. He taught gym and math for over 30 years, leaving his impression on the school forever. When he died, he left a large hole in the community and the lives of the students. But since he was such a great teacher, the students wanted to do something special for his funeral: they decide to perform a “Haka,” a traditional dance of the New Zealand aboriginals, the Maori. This dance is performed to intimidate enemies. The school was only open for half the day so that all the students and teachers could attend the funeral and perform their Haka. The performance must be seen: "

I watched this on Faceboak. It would bring a tear to a glass eye.
    They're gone, not here, forgotten
    The maroon brigade now cry
    The city is now Hibernian
    The team that would not die

[© Daddy O'Hibee]

If you don’t know what introspection is, you need to take a long, hard look at yourself

am out there jerry an am lovin every minute of it!!!!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    185 Post(s)
    vCash
    $#@!in awesome and a great mark of respect for the teacher i think

GoGO Back To Forum