Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 26 of 26

Thread: I see la manga worked then

  1. #1
    Toddler Radge hibeeark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    61
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    10

    I see la manga worked then

    Should of been locked up watching how $#@!e
    They are and may playing a game may have helped.This what you get for rewarding failure.

  2. #2
    Radge Private Member



    dmn1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Cumbernauld
    Posts
    2,837
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1276 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    204
    yada yada yada

  3. #3
    A True Gadgie/Gadgess
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,217
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    473 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by hibeeark View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Should of been locked up watching how $#@!e
    They are and may playing a game may have helped.This what you get for rewarding failure.
    Spot on
    Rewarded for finishing x amount of points behide the gunts in championship

  4. #4
    Radge Donator
    bigmanandy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The East Stand
    Posts
    7,355
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    787 Post(s)
    vCash
    1075
    Rep Power
    166
    Touched up on the tans.

  5. #5
    Iona Street,Leith Radge stevieboi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,146
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    216 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    26
    Yawn

    - - - Updated - - -

    How about the $#@!in stupid league structure where you finish second and you have to wait 18 days for a game.

  6. #6
    Donator
    Steve20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Bellevue
    Posts
    3,008
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    288 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    113
    It's probably more to do with the fact that we're crap, rather than going away to La Manga.

    We started 5 of the players that were part of that relegation side last season and expected them to get us up. Just was too much for ***** like that.

  7. #7
    Radge Donator



    Callum77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Falkirk
    Posts
    305
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    90 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by hibeeark View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Should of been locked up watching how $#@!e
    They are and may playing a game may have helped.This what you get for rewarding failure.
    How long were you waiting to start this thread?


  8. #8
    Radge Private Member




    Bannox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Darn Sarf
    Posts
    4,226
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    200 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    145
    Quote Originally Posted by Callum77 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How long were you waiting to start this thread?
    Since $#@!in Moses I reckon


    'A man will fight for many things, Glory, his country, the glistening tear on a childs cheek........

    But personally I'd mud wrestle my mother for a ton of cash, an amusing clock and a sack full of French porn'

  9. #9
    Radge Donator


    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bathgate
    Posts
    2,097
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1342 Post(s)
    vCash
    1118
    Rep Power
    0
    I must say that it didn't seem like a good idea to me. We did the same before that cup final and look what happened. Go on your holidays once the season is finished.

  10. #10
    Radge Private Member





    Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    A stool at the bar
    Posts
    11,251
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4276 Post(s)
    vCash
    1562
    Rep Power
    881
    Quote Originally Posted by Shades View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I must say that it didn't seem like a good idea to me. We did the same before that cup final and look what happened. Go on your holidays once the season is finished.
    Remind me not to go on holiday with you! ;-)
    Space to let

  11. #11
    Radge Donator


    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bathgate
    Posts
    2,097
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1342 Post(s)
    vCash
    1118
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Remind me not to go on holiday with you! ;-)
    That took me a minute or two to get - I blame the Rioja 😎.

  12. #12
    Radge Private Member
    Smurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Suburbia
    Posts
    35,276
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6578 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1849
    Time to judge is on Saturday. It's half time.

  13. #13
    A True Gadgie/Gadgess MSG_07's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lapland
    Posts
    1,138
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    372 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Time to judge is on Saturday. It's half time.
    Do you think Hibs can score at least 2 or 3 and not concede any? After playing so well in the first half I just can't believe we have taken nothing. Is there any positives to be be taken from tonight's game? Can't see this Hibs team coming back. Bottle? Nope...

  14. #14
    Radge Private Member
    Smurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Suburbia
    Posts
    35,276
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6578 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1849
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG_07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do you think Hibs can score at least 2 or 3 and not concede any? After playing so well in the first half I just can't believe we have taken nothing. Is there any positives to be be taken from tonight's game? Can't see this Hibs team coming back. Bottle? Nope...
    Make sure you don't go on Saturday then....

  15. #15
    Donator






    HATTIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Moredun
    Posts
    8,538
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3185 Post(s)
    vCash
    1396
    Rep Power
    612
    Quote Originally Posted by hibeeark View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Should of been locked up watching how $#@!e
    They are and may playing a game may have helped.This what you get for rewarding failure.
    Yawn.........
    So if we hadn't went to La Manga, what would the score have been?
    GGTTH

  16. #16
    A True Gadgie/Gadgess MSG_07's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lapland
    Posts
    1,138
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    372 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Make sure you don't go on Saturday then....
    Aye nice constructive comeback slick... Mind and take a curtsey.

  17. #17
    Radge Private Member
    Smurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Suburbia
    Posts
    35,276
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6578 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1849
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG_07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Aye nice constructive comeback slick... Mind and take a curtsey.
    No bother. Don't get too excited when we pap oot the Huns on Sat.

  18. #18
    Radge Donator
    Zellviren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Limburg province, the Netherlands
    Posts
    1,569
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    874 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1372
    I recall when the first thread on this subject went up, and my concern was that it looked like we were rewarding a non-achievement because finishing second wasn't actually doing anything. My other worry was that, despite the ludicrously long wait to play a match, if we were to end up losing at Ibrox then it'd look terrible.

    Okay, the tie isn't over. But we need to be winning by at least one at half-time on Saturday, I'd wager, and McCall seems to have us worked out. Flood the midfield, stay disciplined, and deny us any real width.

    I can't really see us turning it round, but I'll be there in the hope that we can.

  19. #19
    Quite a bit past it radge






    Sir Shrink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    24,003
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6423 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    2845
    Disappointed with that result.

    I'd hoped that a draw or one goal defeat would have been the worst, but it's not the end.
    Not yet.

    I'll be back roaring and coughing the Hibs on come Saturday.

    An early goal and the Hibees Massif (down wiv de kids innit) getting behind the team and the the Huns will be $#@!ting themselves.
    Mon the Hibs.

  20. #20
    Radge Private Member



    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Falkirk
    Posts
    1,629
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    638 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    143
    $#@! sake it's not like they outplayed us. We were the only team playing anything like decent football, but at the end of the day they have athletes who managed to force a couple chances, and got goals. We're far from dead!

  21. #21
    A True Gadgie/Gadgess MSG_07's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lapland
    Posts
    1,138
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    372 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by Central_Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    $#@! sake it's not like they outplayed us. We were the only team playing anything like decent football, but at the end of the day they have athletes who managed to force a couple chances, and got goals. We're far from dead!
    If they have athletes who do Hibs have?

    Hibs stood toe to toe with them and should have won but instead gave two sloppy goals away. And to that $#@! Miller who always milks it.

  22. #22
    Brafur Radge BoomtownHibeys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Boomtown
    Posts
    1,673
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    109 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG_07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do you think Hibs can score at least 2 or 3 and not concede any? After playing so well in the first half I just can't believe we have taken nothing. Is there any positives to be be taken from tonight's game? Can't see this Hibs team coming back. Bottle? Nope...
    You say "after playing so well in the first half" then ask "is there any positives to be taken from tonight's game"

    You have answered your own question

  23. #23
    Radge Private Member





    Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    A stool at the bar
    Posts
    11,251
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4276 Post(s)
    vCash
    1562
    Rep Power
    881
    In any two leg tie going away with a 2 nil advantage has always been considered squeaky bum stuff, neither here nor there.

    This tie is far from over.
    Space to let

  24. #24
    A True Gadgie/Gadgess MSG_07's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lapland
    Posts
    1,138
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    372 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpton Riot View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It sort of reminded me of the tainted cup final when the gunts stayed in the intensity of Edinburgh and Fenlon took Hibs over to Dublin. Maybe in these situations by allowing players to relax its to easy for them to take their eye of the ball. Easy to say now but maybe staying at East Mains with a closed door friendly thrown in might have been the better option
    It was pretty much the semi final all over again or numerous other league games where Hibs had been the superior team but just couldn't force a result. It really is like we're jinxed.

    8 shots on goal with 1 on target is just not good enough though...

  25. #25
    Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge



    Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Mississippi in the middle of a dry spell
    Posts
    27,936
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6671 Post(s)
    vCash
    5112
    Rep Power
    2056
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG_07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It was pretty much the semi final all over again or numerous other league games where Hibs had been the superior team but just couldn't force a result. It really is like we're jinxed.

    8 shots on goal with 1 on target is just not good enough though...
    And something like 12 corners with not one of them threatening. La Manga didn't make that happen.
    They're gone, not here, forgotten
    The maroon brigade now cry
    The city is now Hibernian
    The team that would not die


    [© Daddy O'Hibee]



    If you don’t know what introspection is, you need to take a long, hard look at yourself

  26. #26
    A True Gadgie/Gadgess
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Dalmeny
    Posts
    6,467
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1216 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    117
    The proof will be in the pudding come the second half tomorrow when they are dead on there feet regardless of the scoreline.

    Conceding early is not an option, play down the channels and stretch the ****s with balls over the top instead of meaningless crosses.

GoGO Back To Forum

Similar Threads

  1. 50p tax rate - well, that worked well didn't it?
    By egb_hibs in forum Frenchman's Cowshed
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 30-11-12, 16:41
  2. Bounce Manga
    By Power in forum Frenchman's Cowshed
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 16-05-07, 15:21

User Tag List

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •