Thread: Just back......and what a great second half from Hibs....

241 Post(s)
    6218 Post(s)

Just back......and what a great second half from Hibs....

Well, what can I say, I thought this would be tough today and first half it was, Queens are a decent team. We had our chances, they had their's and we went in at half time a little frustrated with the teams performance. Stubbsy must have went through a couple of them at half time as the second half Hibernian were, at times, a joy to watch. They were worthy winners who might have won by a few more in front of a very healthy crowd. I still feel good after a long, horrible, cold, wet and manky journey home. When we up the tempo, I love watching this Hibs team play football, I really enjoy watching Alan's team.

The players....

Oxley - I have said before I dinnae really fancy him, but today he was pretty decent. He looks poor at crosses, but he actually got to most today, he often fumbles shots, he didn't today. He even had time for some banter with some Hibs radges today.

Stevenson - Well Stubbsy surprised us by swapping Lewis and Callum again, but it worked, Lewis had a very good game at left back.

Fontaine - I really like the big fellae, he strolls through games and looks like the big strong centre half he is. Paul Hanlon and he make a very solid pairing. Very, very good today.

Hanlon - Paul was magnficent today, he won lots, he was strong, played some lovely passes and tidy football. He thrives beside a player like Liam Fontain. The boxing lessons have indeed toughened him up. Very, very good today.

Booth - Again, Callum played very well, especially getting forward, given he is left footed he did not look at out place at right back.

Robertson - Scott played well, especially second half and his goal was a 25 yard corker. He is a key player for Hibs, does the dirty work well, breaks up play and supports the attack.

McGeogh - He was brilliant when in the game, invisible when not, its like he takes 10 minute rests in between magnificent challenges, great passing and skill going past players. He kens how to take a penalty n'all. Very, very good today.

Craig - Liam was rotten first half, absolutely rotten, couldnae do a thing right. However second half, after I suspect, removing a rocket from his hole, he went on to have a vey decent second half, with a sublime through ball to Cummings for the penalty and some great play down the left with Lewis.

Allan - Scotty was in and out of the first half, like McGeogh, when on the ball he looked good, other times he looked like a lost laddie. Second half, he was absolutely brilliant, reverse passes, sublime cross field balls, drifting past players, all over the pitch. I think I am developing a man crush on Scotty, this laddie is a joy to watch.

Boyle - Hit the post late first half, chased a few players down but didnae inspire.

Cummings - Could and should of had a hatrick. On another day he would have. Still love his way of going about things, he works his socks off, stick in son, ya greedy wee bugger.

Stanton - Came on for his holiness, the blessed Scott Allan. Done what he had too.

Forster - On for Boyle, we went to a three at the back, which I like. Did what he had too n'all.

Handling - Got the last few minutes for Cummings.

Stubbsy and Co - The sign of good management is when you have the ability to improve things when its not working. Alan and his team have that ability. Today's second half performance was excellent and I expect it came about because of the skills Stubbsy and his flat mates bring to our club. 5 stars Stubbsy, 5 stars.

The Hibs Fans - A large turn out, given the cold, murky day and 160 mile round trip. Those that came along know, Hibernian are going places and that was money very well spent. WE are Hibernian FC.

Queens - A good team, with a good support and a very decent set up. I can see them take points off those around us yet, although they did miss the boy who left them for Falkirk. A proper Scottish Fitba club.

Referee - An average referee who cannae hide his allegances.

Man of the match - A tough one, Scott Allan and Dylan McGeogh were brilliant in places, Scott Robertson was very good, as were our two full backs. Liam Fontaine didnae put a foot wrong but today I am giving my man of the match to Paul Hanlon, who was great from first minute to last. Well played Paul.

Next - Raith Rovers. Bring it on.

That was for Douglas Cromb, a Hibby and a gentleman.

'Good Evening - We Are The Fall Radge'

201 Post(s)
    I was annoyed that I couldn't make it today but that is a good read Mark!

Sunshine on Leith
    Well, what can I say, I thought this would be tough today and first half it was, Queens are a decent team. We had our chances, they had their's and we went in at half time a little frustrated with the teams performance. Stubbsy must have went through a couple of them at half time as the second half Hibernian were, at times, a joy to watch. They were worthy winners who might have won by a few more in front of a very healthy crowd. I still feel good after a long, horrible, cold, wet and manky journey home. When we up the tempo, I love watching this Hibs team play football, I really enjoy watching Alan's team.

The players....

Oxley - I have said before I dinnae really fancy him, but today he was pretty decent. He looks poor at crosses, but he actually got to most today, he often fumbles shots, he didn't today. He even had time for some banter with some Hibs radges today.

Stevenson - Well Stubbsy surprised us by swapping Lewis and Callum again, but it worked, Lewis had a very good game at left back.

Fontaine - I really like the big fellae, he strolls through games and looks like the big strong centre half he is. Paul Hanlon and he make a very solid pairing. Very, very good today.

Hanlon - Paul was magnficent today, he won lots, he was strong, played some lovely passes and tidy football. He thrives beside a player like Liam Fontain beside him. The boxing lessons have indeed toughened him up. Very, very good today.

Booth - Again, Callum played very well, especially getting forward, given he is left footed he did not look at out place at left back.

Robertson - Scott played well, especially second half and his goal was a 25 yard corker. He is a key player for Hibs, does the dirty work well, breaks up play and supports the attack.

McGeogh - He was brilliant when in the game, invisible when not, its like he takes 10 minute rests in between magnificent challenges, great passing and skill going past players. He kens how to take a penalty n'all. Very, very good today.

Craig - Liam was rotten first half, absolutely rotten, couldnae do a thing right. However second half, after I suspect, removing a rocket from his hole, he went on to have a vey decent second half, with a sublime through ball to Cummings for the penalty and some great play down the left with Lewis.

Allan - Scotty was in and out of the first half, like McGeogh, when on the ball he looked good, other times he looked like a lost laddie. Second half, he was absolutely brilliant, reverse passes, sublime cross field balls, drifting past players, all over the pitch. I think I am developing a man crush on Scotty, this laddie is a joy to watch.

Boyle - Hit the post late first half, chased a few players down but didnae inspire.

Cummings - Could and should of had a hatrick. On another day he would have. Still love his way of going about things, he works his socks off, stick in son, ya greedy wee bugger.

Stanton - Came on for his holiness, the blessed Scott Allan. Done what he had too.

Forster - On for Boyle, we went to a three at the back, which I like. Did what he had too n'all.

Stubbsy and Co - The sign of good management is when you have the ability to improve things when its not working. Alan and his team have that ability. Today's second half performance was excellent and I expect it came about because of the skills Stubbsy and his flat mates bring to our club. 5 stars Stubbsy, 5 stars.

The Hibs Fans - A large turn out, given the cold, murky day and 160 mile round trip. Those that came along know, Hibernian are going places and that was money very well spent. WE are Hibernian FC.

Queens - A good team, with a good support and a very decent set up. I can see them take points off those around us yet, although they did miss the boy who left them for Falkirk. A proper Scottish Fitba club.

Man of the match - A tough one, Scott Allan and Dylan McGeogh were brilliant in places, Scott Robertson was very good, as were our two full backs. Liam Fontaine didnae put a foot wrong but today I am giving my man of the match to Paul Hanlon, who was great from first minute to last. Well played Paul.

As did I - solid once again was the big fella.

Hamesick Radge

Aberdeen during the week / edinburgh at weekend
    6 Post(s)
    1400 Post(s)
    Great summary as usual M . it really does give folk who can't for whatever reason , make the game , home or away . not a daft reporters opinion , but an honest, fans view opinion . DEFO agree re FONTAINE . should always be one o the first names on the team sheet every week .

Juvenile Radge
    118 Post(s)
    Report as accurate as ever guv.

Like all Hibs fans I would rather we were in the top league but I have to say I'm actually loving watching Hibs again. In all honesty it's the first time in years I can claim that.

Long may it continue.

Finally, we had a guest from St.Pats on the East Lothian Hibs bus today. Gordon Smith aka Big G was good company and I hope he travels with us again.

PS - For a man who openly admits to not liking artificial pitches I thought Liam Fontaine hid that fact very well.
    Last edited by scoopyboy; 24-01-15 at 20:41. Reason: PS added

9 Post(s)
    Agree with tatie I look forward to reading your match review as I get a true feeling for the game from someone who is a Hibs supporter and knows what he is talking about

432 Post(s)
    That was a great read. Perceptive and descriptive .

Many thanks.
    Football is the most important of life's least important things.

Arrigo Sacchi

181 Post(s)
    7014 Post(s)
    Great report. Cheers M.

371 Post(s)
    Fine Hibbie report as ever Mark, cheers.

One thing that wasn't obvious to me - did AS change around the Scott/McGeoch positions as you have been advocating for the last two weeks? Was that why it maybe gelled in the second half?

Keep up the reporting, GGTTH
    Fúckin clubs are fúckin dull the fúckin pubs are fúckin full
    Of fúckin girls and fúckin guys with fúckin murder in their eyes

47 Post(s)
    2639 Post(s)
    Thanks for taking the time to do such a thorough report, it is much appreciated by folk like myself who for whatever reason don't go to away matches. It made for good reading....that was a fantastic result against Queen of the South, one of the most important results of the season so far.

Thanks for that great report mark! Was walking around B and Q so was only getting up dates.
    Am pleased we got a clean sheet, and sounds like we won with a bit of stile. Great too here. We r only two points behind rangers now, i know they have two games in hand, but ass long as wee keep winning we have a chance. Think they play celtic next weekend so we can go in to second for a bit.
    Bring on next saturday!

133 Post(s)
    It's always a good wee read when you can't make games, always thankful for them, don't know how you do it when we've lost and played poor.

Thank you Sir.

114 Post(s)

Post Just backand what a second half.

Queen of the South 0 v 2 Hibernian Well, what can I say, I thought this would be tough today and first half it was, Queens are a decent team. We had our chances, they had theirs and we went in at half time a little frustrated with the teams performance. Stubbsy must have went []

More...

Please Note that these are also available in the match report description on each game.

Queen of the South v Hibernian - January 24, 2015 - HibeesBounce.com

183 Post(s)
    6926 Post(s)

The players....

Hanlon - Paul was magnficent today, he won lots, he was strong, played some lovely passes and tidy football. He thrives beside a player like Liam Fontain. The boxing lessons have indeed toughened him up. Very, very good today.

Booth - Again, Callum played very well, especially getting forward, given he is left footed he did not look at out place at right back.

Great report as always M and really appreciated. Fantastic result for the Hibees [16/5 -1 goal for a tenner ] but I wanted JC to scoe as I had 2 free 5 bets and I went with JC at anytime 6/5 and JC to score 2 at 7/1.

Never mind, we won and thats the main thing. Might have been a few of your old campadres in the Bailie tonight. Brian Mac was in with a load of old friends for a beer or three.

241 Post(s)
    6218 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HaarlemShuffler View Post
    Fine Hibbie report as ever Mark, cheers.

One thing that wasn't obvious to me - did AS change around the Scott/McGeoch positions as you have been advocating for the last two weeks? Was that why it maybe gelled in the second half?

Keep up the reporting, GGTTH
    No, then Yes. Its a tough one, we have two brilliant players there now, Scott looked uncomfortable in the hole (the very thought of it ), but second half he played like a laddie posessed, he was brilliant. Dylan then kicked in again and last 20, did the same. I fair enjoyed it, proper fitba players, who get ripped in and glide past players whilst trying passes than win games.

Ye can tell I am impressed.

Juvenile Radge
    133 Post(s)
    Great accurate report like you just loving watching Hibs just now and nice to meet 1875.

241 Post(s)
    6218 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinMartin View Post
    Great accurate report like you just loving watching Hibs just now and nice to meet 1875.
    And you, although we best no let everyone know where we met.

Freeloading Admin Radge

28 Post(s)
    1638 Post(s)
    was that place we met a couple of weeks ago?

123 Post(s)
    Great read and great 3 points. The huns can still be caught!

241 Post(s)
    6218 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunnerhibby View Post
    was that place we met a couple of weeks ago?
    No. But sorry, yur dumped.

27 Post(s)
    3627 Post(s)

The players....

I know you`ve struggled in recent times with keeping the now legendary "just back" thread going. Even toyed with the idea of a succesor....let me tell you my friend, there can be NO successor. I look forward to your match reports as one of those who cant get to every game, every week. Please dont give it up....some of us really look forward to it..
    If happiness won`t come to me hand me the nitrous gas.

57 Post(s)
    Hi 1875 - Great report for those of us who were unable to make it today and a fabulous result for the Hibees.

By the way did anyone else see Michael Nelson star for Cambridge Utd versus Manchester Utd. last night.

He looked so comfortable in that company but he was playing for a manager who knew how to organise two banks of 4 unlike that $#@! that managed us last year.

However being positive we would not have AS and be playing a brand of football that can be a joy to watch if we hadn't gone through the pain barriers with that $#@!!

Sunshine on Leith
    Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    Report as accurate as ever guv.

Like all Hibs fans I would rather we were in the top league but I have to say I'm actually loving watching Hibs again. In all honesty it's the first time in years I can claim that.

Long may it continue.

Finally, we had a guest from St.Pats on the East Lothian Hibs bus today. Gordon Smith aka Big G was good company and I hope he travels with us again.

PS - For a man who openly admits to not liking artificial pitches I thought Liam Fontaine hid that fact very well.
    Big G - legend! Had the pleasure of Gordon's company when he joined me and my laddies on the terracing for the second half.

Juvenile Radge
    133 Post(s)
    I won't but you might see me in my new green Ralph Lauren shirt at the next game. Tell your son not to wear his as I don't want us to look like twins!

Thanks for this 1875, never made it today so this fantastic synopsis gives me an insight from the Hibs end. Keep up the good work

2113 Post(s)
    really enjoyed it today. slow start but excellent second half from Hibs.

nice run down in the pals car and back with the usual suspects ( minus southfield )

mon the hibs

144 Post(s)
    3615 Post(s)
    @1875, I can tell you truthfully that I look for your match report from away games before any professional sport journalism. You deserve a $#@!ing award.

Optomistic Radge

686 Post(s)
    @1875, I can tell you truthfully that I look for your match report from away games before any professional sport journalism. You deserve a $#@!ing award.
    This...................................
    " It isn't the mountains ahead to climb that wear you out: it is the pebble in your shoe" Muhammad Ali

47 Post(s)
    2617 Post(s)
    Harrumph

148 Post(s)
    4485 Post(s)
    Thanks 18.

91 Post(s)
    5212 Post(s)
    Thanks M. As you know I was at Anfield yesterday and hadn't heard much other than the score updates I could get from Jeff Stelling on the tv screens in the stadium. I think we were the ONLY ones, no we WERE the only ones interested more in the QoS game than the Chelsea and Man City scorelines.

Back to auld claes and porridge next week

25 Post(s)
    1018 Post(s)
    Me, too.

I don't care how partisan or "amateur" it is. What you need is a bit of truth, a bit of opinion and a bit of a talking point. Most importantly, you need a Hibs supporter who understands how we all feel and is consistently sympathetic to that fact.

I love "Just Back".

920 Post(s)
    One positive about this whole rebuild is that it's brought back the 'Just Back' thread.
    It has been sorely missed for us fans not able to watch/listen to coverage of the game.

Even when that's possible, the 'Just Back' thread always provides an honest and reliable opinion on how players performed.

241 Post(s)
    6218 Post(s)
    Thanks M. As you know I was at Anfield yesterday and hadn't heard much other than the score updates I could get from Jeff Stelling on the tv screens in the stadium. I think we were the ONLY ones, no we WERE the only ones interested more in the QoS game than the Chelsea and Man City scorelines.

Back to auld claes and porridge next week
    I thought of you when I heard the red $#@!e had managed to hold the trotters to an 0 0 draw, then I reverted to smiling happily thinking about that second half performance from our "Big Team".

1803 Post(s)
    Couple of things: first time in 9 attempts we've beaten hearts qos or Falkirk, plenty of stat signs were getting better.

Since the end of September the only team to beat Hibs or hearts in the league is Falkirk - and they've beaten both.

Baby Radge
    Great read as usual Mark! Except from looking for the score during the match, this is kind of the only way I have to be informed about the Hibs from Italy!
    Cheers.