Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 150 of 447

Thread: Brazil World Cup 2014

  1. #101
    A True Gadgie/Gadgess
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Polbeth, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,226
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    564 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Would be last minute it fecks up my bounce prediction fae being dead on.

  2. #102
    Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge




    Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Mississippi in the middle of a dry spell
    Posts
    24,919
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4664 Post(s)
    vCash
    5112
    Quote Originally Posted by Polbeth Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would be last minute it fecks up my bounce prediction fae being dead on.
    Fukked up my pub predictor as well dude and would have edged me in front
    They're gone, not here, forgotten
    The maroon brigade now cry
    The city is now Hibernian
    The team that would not die


    [© Daddy O'Hibee]



    If you don’t know what introspection is, you need to take a long, hard look at yourself

  3. #103
    Radge Private Member



    Fritz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Living in Hope.
    Posts
    5,836
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2703 Post(s)
    vCash
    2
    I wasn`t watching the build up to the ITV match between Uruguay and Costa Rica, but i`m willing to bet that they spent it talking about England.
    I started out with nothing and i`ve still got most of it left.




    " Without people, you`re nothing.." - Joe Strummer.

  4. #104
    Donator





    Hattie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Moredun
    Posts
    7,444
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2653 Post(s)
    vCash
    1396
    Quote Originally Posted by Polbeth Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would be last minute it fecks up my bounce prediction fae being dead on.
    Yep me too, had 3-1 for Chile v ozzies last night as well...
    GGTTH

  5. #105
    Radge Private Member



    Fritz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Living in Hope.
    Posts
    5,836
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2703 Post(s)
    vCash
    2
    Uruguay v Costa Rica and 2 seconds.....2 $#@!in seconds.... into his first line of commentary and Tyldesley was talking about England...what a $#@!in bellend of a man.
    I started out with nothing and i`ve still got most of it left.




    " Without people, you`re nothing.." - Joe Strummer.

  6. #106
    A True Gadgie/Gadgess
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Polbeth, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,226
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    564 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Dub View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fukked up my pub predictor as well dude and would have edged me in front
    Quote Originally Posted by Hattie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yep me too, had 3-1 for Chile v ozzies last night as well...
    At bookies just had columbia win so was shouting for him to miss the 3rd woulda been a double for me. Ha. I had spain to win 3-2 last night so that was fecked

  7. #107
    radge grandad radge


    hibbybilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Gilmerting
    Posts
    6,585
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1501 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by DM Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just banged a ten spot on an Argentina Holland final @ 67.00
    Seen this kind of odds a few times, is that 67/1?

  8. #108
    Radge Private Member



    Fritz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Living in Hope.
    Posts
    5,836
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2703 Post(s)
    vCash
    2
    I started out with nothing and i`ve still got most of it left.




    " Without people, you`re nothing.." - Joe Strummer.

  9. #109
    Last Of The Summer Wine Radge
    Crooksy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    2,585
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    474 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    England line-up is Hart, Johnson, Cahill, Jagielka, Baines, Gerrard, Henderson, Welbeck, Sterling, Rooney, Sturridge, BBC Sport understands

    2-0 England. Media hysteria then follows.



    Uruguay been overhyped? Cracking front two when Suarez returns but........

  10. #110
    Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge




    Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Mississippi in the middle of a dry spell
    Posts
    24,919
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4664 Post(s)
    vCash
    5112
    Quote Originally Posted by Crooksy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    England line-up is Hart, Johnson, Cahill, Jagielka, Baines, Gerrard, Henderson, Welbeck, Sterling, Rooney, Sturridge, BBC Sport understands

    2-0 England. Media hysteria then follows.



    Uruguay been overhyped? Cracking front two when Suarez returns but........
    Italy to win 2-1 and suddenly the media are no longer interested in the World Cup. . There's golf and tennis to watch.
    They're gone, not here, forgotten
    The maroon brigade now cry
    The city is now Hibernian
    The team that would not die


    [© Daddy O'Hibee]



    If you don’t know what introspection is, you need to take a long, hard look at yourself

  11. #111
    radge grandad radge


    hibbybilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Gilmerting
    Posts
    6,585
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1501 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Dub View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Italy to win 2-1 and suddenly the media are no longer interested in the World Cup. . There's golf and tennis to watch.
    Aye and then Murray's British till he gets emptied, then he's Scottish, then it's golf only!

  12. #112
    Last Of The Summer Wine Radge
    Crooksy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    2,585
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    474 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbybilly View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    then it's golf only!
    currently it's Europe's Martin Kaymer is running away with this US Open.
    Before a last round collapse tomorrow when the kraut blew it!

  13. #113
    radge grandad radge


    hibbybilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Gilmerting
    Posts
    6,585
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1501 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    I'm hearing there's a bomb scare at the stadium where England start their World Cup tonight.
    Danny Welbecks dad, Stan, is with the bomb squad in the Arena Amazonia in Brazil.

  14. #114
    Last Of The Summer Wine Radge
    Crooksy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    2,585
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    474 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbybilly View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm hearing there's a bomb scare at the stadium where England start their World Cup tonight.
    Danny Welbecks dad, Stan, is with the bomb squad in the Arena Amazonia in Brazil.
    Best said by a South African?

  15. #115
    radge grandad radge


    hibbybilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Gilmerting
    Posts
    6,585
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1501 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Crooksy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    currently it's Europe's Martin Kaymer is running away with this US Open.
    Before a last round collapse tomorrow when the kraut blew it!
    I think you'll find he is the grandson of English 60's singer Billy.J.kaymer and is in fact English, until as you say he blows it, then he's German.

  16. #116
    Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge




    Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Mississippi in the middle of a dry spell
    Posts
    24,919
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4664 Post(s)
    vCash
    5112
    kinell. Costa Rica are beating Uruguay and deservedly so

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Crooksy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Best said by a South African?
    It took me a minute
    They're gone, not here, forgotten
    The maroon brigade now cry
    The city is now Hibernian
    The team that would not die


    [© Daddy O'Hibee]



    If you don’t know what introspection is, you need to take a long, hard look at yourself

  17. #117
    Toddler Radge

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    55
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbybilly View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm hearing there's a bomb scare at the stadium where England start their World Cup tonight.
    Danny Welbecks dad, Stan, is with the bomb squad in the Arena Amazonia in Brazil.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crooksy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Best said by a South African?

    Oh that is bloody awful.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by hibbybilly View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think you'll find he is the grandson of English 60's singer Billy.J.kaymer and is in fact English, until as you say he blows it, then he's German.

    I CAN SEE THE HEADLINE NOW -"GERMAN GOLFER KAYMER CROPPER IN US OPEN".

  18. #118
    Radge Private Member



    Fritz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Living in Hope.
    Posts
    5,836
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2703 Post(s)
    vCash
    2
    I started out with nothing and i`ve still got most of it left.




    " Without people, you`re nothing.." - Joe Strummer.

  19. #119
    Donator






    MixuDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Lochend
    Posts
    7,139
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3518 Post(s)
    vCash
    3000
    Jeezo, started off well on Thursday, now I cannae buy a winning bet had Uruguay -1
    It is better to be hated for what you are, than to be loved for what you are not

  20. #120
    DM Hibs
    Guest
    Feckin Uruguay bust most of my coupons! ****s. But F them. $#@! bags

  21. #121
    Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge




    Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Mississippi in the middle of a dry spell
    Posts
    24,919
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4664 Post(s)
    vCash
    5112
    Gooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllllll Italia
    They're gone, not here, forgotten
    The maroon brigade now cry
    The city is now Hibernian
    The team that would not die


    [© Daddy O'Hibee]



    If you don’t know what introspection is, you need to take a long, hard look at yourself

  22. #122
    Radge Private Member

    Faughnan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    973
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    366 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Good goal from Italy.... No 0-0s

    Thought England had started well. Can see them getting back into it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    And they have

  23. #123
    Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge




    Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Mississippi in the middle of a dry spell
    Posts
    24,919
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4664 Post(s)
    vCash
    5112
    Quote Originally Posted by Faughnan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good goal from Italy.... No 0-0s

    Thought England had started well. Can see them getting back into it.
    You were right sherlock
    They're gone, not here, forgotten
    The maroon brigade now cry
    The city is now Hibernian
    The team that would not die


    [© Daddy O'Hibee]



    If you don’t know what introspection is, you need to take a long, hard look at yourself

  24. #124
    Last Of The Summer Wine Radge
    Crooksy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    2,585
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    474 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Good game that and I thought England did quite well.

    In retrospect, 5 Liverpool players was a few too many as they have that losers mentality yeah. Wee Sterling was the damage though.

    Still as Gary said before the game, the expectation levels were low: "am I bovvered!"

    Looked like someone was controlling Joe Hart with a joystick when Pirlo's free kick went in the opposite direction to where he was moving. Pirlo class shone through.

  25. #125
    Radge Donator

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    9,161
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1648 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    I don't think England deserved to lose that game to be honest, although their final ball let them down too often. Rooney for me has never lived up to the relentless hype that has surrounded him since he was a teenager. A very good English Premiership striker yes, but not the world class superstar he is made out to be as far as I am concerned.
    "I can't stress enough how important it is to be in possession of the football - it is better to be the matador rather than the bull"

    John Hughes

  26. #126
    Radge Private Member



    Fritz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Living in Hope.
    Posts
    5,836
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2703 Post(s)
    vCash
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenmachine View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rooney for me has never lived up to the relentless hype that has surrounded him since he was a teenager. A very good English Premiership striker yes, but not the world class superstar he is made out to be as far as I am concerned.
    Not just as far as you`re concerned GM. I agree. I`ve never understood the hype surrounding him.
    I started out with nothing and i`ve still got most of it left.




    " Without people, you`re nothing.." - Joe Strummer.

  27. #127
    Mustang Loving Radge

    SuperTortolano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Land of the Free, Home of the Brave
    Posts
    2,560
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    856 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    I think England should drop Rooney. I honestly didn't know he was playing until the 24th minute. He's not the same player as he was 2-3 years ago.

  28. #128
    radge grandad radge


    hibbybilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Gilmerting
    Posts
    6,585
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1501 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Crooksy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good game that and I thought England did quite well.

    In retrospect, 5 Liverpool players was a few too many as they have that losers mentality yeah. Wee Sterling was the damage though.

    Still as Gary said before the game, the expectation levels were low: "am I bovvered!"

    Looked like someone was controlling Joe Hart with a joystick when Pirlo's free kick went in the opposite direction to where he was moving. Pirlo class shone through.
    Pirlo's free kick deserved a goal, and credit tae Gary after the game with a special wee mention tae us Hibbies.
    "Keep the faith" ... we will Gary, we will.

  29. #129
    Last Of The Summer Wine Radge
    Crooksy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    2,585
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    474 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenmachine View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think England deserved to lose that game to be honest, although their final ball let them down too often. Rooney for me has never lived up to the relentless hype that has surrounded him since he was a teenager. A very good English Premiership striker yes, but not the world class superstar he is made out to be as far as I am concerned.
    I think we're about to see a major media campaign of negativity towards Rooney tunes. There was a bit of pressure being put on him beforehand and that's about to go through the roof with the intention to influence Woy Hodgson into dropping him. Public enemy number one.

    He got no game?


  30. #130
    Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge




    Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Mississippi in the middle of a dry spell
    Posts
    24,919
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4664 Post(s)
    vCash
    5112
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenmachine View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think England deserved to lose that game to be honest, although their final ball let them down too often. Rooney for me has never lived up to the relentless hype that has surrounded him since he was a teenager. A very good English Premiership striker yes, but not the world class superstar he is made out to be as far as I am concerned.
    And that is the reason they DID deserve to lose the game. I had 2-1 Italy anyway so I am pleased with the result. I'd agree re Rooney though. We do it too but the englandshiremen are masters at elevating an average player to the status of superhero but he isnt flying thats for sure.
    Last edited by Dub; 15-06-14 at 16:07.
    They're gone, not here, forgotten
    The maroon brigade now cry
    The city is now Hibernian
    The team that would not die


    [© Daddy O'Hibee]



    If you don’t know what introspection is, you need to take a long, hard look at yourself

  31. #131
    Radge Private Member





    Wannabehibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    East of WeegieLand
    Posts
    4,494
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3031 Post(s)
    vCash
    1275
    A cheeky wee win on Italy last night. Thank you very much. If only Pirlo's free kick had gone in at the end that would've been another bet come in. Oh well.

  32. #132
    A True Gadgie/Gadgess
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,101
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    922 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Crooksy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good game that and I thought England did quite well.

    In retrospect, 5 Liverpool players was a few too many as they have that losers mentality yeah. Wee Sterling was the damage though.

    Still as Gary said before the game, the expectation levels were low: "am I bovvered!"

    Looked like someone was controlling Joe Hart with a joystick when Pirlo's free kick went in the opposite direction to where he was moving. Pirlo class shone through.
    Italy were the better team but not by much. Uruguay were really dreadful. England and Italy should go through from this group.

  33. #133
    DM Hibs
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbybilly View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Seen this kind of odds a few times, is that 67/1?
    66/1, when its decimal stake is added on

  34. #134
    Donator





    Hattie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Moredun
    Posts
    7,444
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2653 Post(s)
    vCash
    1396
    Had draw ht, Italy ft @11/2
    And Italy @21/10
    Happy days
    GGTTH

  35. #135
    A True Gadgie/Gadgess
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Polbeth, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,226
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    564 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Had Italy to win on my 40 game accumulator. Shame Uruguay had fecked it already. Will be quite gutted if that's the only one I get wrong.

  36. #136
    Radge Private Member





    Wannabehibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    East of WeegieLand
    Posts
    4,494
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3031 Post(s)
    vCash
    1275
    Just put the wrong bet on. Meant to put down Switzerland for a win.

    Oh well, mon the Ecuador.

  37. #137
    Radge Private Member
    Bod Fraudsquad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    1,536
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    222 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Hattie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Had draw ht, Italy ft @11/2
    And Italy @21/10
    Happy days
    Nice , 👍


    All favourites -2 for me today 😉
    When a thing ceases to be a subject of controversy, it ceases to be a subject of interest.

  38. #138
    Donator





    Hattie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Moredun
    Posts
    7,444
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2653 Post(s)
    vCash
    1396
    Quote Originally Posted by Bod Fraudsquad View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nice , 👍


    All favourites -2 for me today 😉
    Best of luck.
    Not checked it out yet
    GGTTH

  39. #139
    DM Hibs
    Guest
    france & argentina double, and swiss v ecuador 1-1 draw

  40. #140
    Donator





    Hattie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Moredun
    Posts
    7,444
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2653 Post(s)
    vCash
    1396
    Switzerland win
    France -1
    Argies -1
    Treble
    GGTTH

  41. #141
    Donator






    MixuDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Lochend
    Posts
    7,139
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3518 Post(s)
    vCash
    3000
    Argentina and France -1 double for me
    It is better to be hated for what you are, than to be loved for what you are not

  42. #142
    Radge Donator

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    9,161
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1648 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Argentina were very disappointing last night...looked over complacent to me and did not play the game at a fast enough tempo even allowing for the hot temperature. Take nothing away from Bosnia though who played to their strengths and were a touch unfortunate to lose the game. Brilliant goal from Messi although he looked very subdued for most of the game.
    "I can't stress enough how important it is to be in possession of the football - it is better to be the matador rather than the bull"

    John Hughes

  43. #143
    Radge Private Member


    southfieldhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    EH15
    Posts
    7,992
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2356 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenmachine View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Argentina were very disappointing last night...looked over complacent to me and did not play the game at a fast enough tempo even allowing for the hot temperature. Take nothing away from Bosnia though who played to their strengths and were a touch unfortunate to lose the game. Brilliant goal from Messi although he looked very subdued for most of the game.
    Was listening to an Argentinian journo online today, he said Argentina have never, in the history of competitive football, played with 3 centre backs and wing backs.Quite why the coach decided to start that way was a mystery to everyone.Changed at half time to a back 4 and they looked much, much better.Don't expect to see that wee experiment tried again.

  44. #144
    Radge Donator

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    9,161
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1648 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by southfieldhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Was listening to an Argentinian journo online today, he said Argentina have never, in the history of competitive football, played with 3 centre backs and wing backs.Quite why the coach decided to start that way was a mystery to everyone.Changed at half time to a back 4 and they looked much, much better.Don't expect to see that wee experiment tried again.
    Cheers
    "I can't stress enough how important it is to be in possession of the football - it is better to be the matador rather than the bull"

    John Hughes

  45. #145
    I'm a Radge Donator



    Forzahibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Glenrothes
    Posts
    29,549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2789 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Germany very impressive

  46. #146
    Radge Donator
    Two Headed Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    1,042
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    525 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Stuck 10 on the Germans to win the tournament the other week.I'm not counting my winnings yet but....

  47. #147
    Radge Private Member
    Bod Fraudsquad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    1,536
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    222 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Two Headed Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Stuck 10 on the Germans to win the tournament the other week.I'm not counting my winnings yet but....
    Fancy a holland v Germany final ( if possible)
    When a thing ceases to be a subject of controversy, it ceases to be a subject of interest.

  48. #148
    ****ed off Radge

    Hammi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Posts
    6,980
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3545 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Bod Fraudsquad View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fancy a holland v Germany final ( if possible)
    Possible but only if one of them come second and the other first in their groups I'm sure.
    Illegitimi non carborundum.

  49. #149
    Radge Private Member


    southfieldhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    EH15
    Posts
    7,992
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2356 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Germany relentless,feel sorry for whoever has them in qualifying for Euro 2016....

  50. #150
    Donator






    MixuDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Lochend
    Posts
    7,139
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3518 Post(s)
    vCash
    3000
    Woohoo, 1st winner since Thursday! 4 or more goals and Germany to win
    It is better to be hated for what you are, than to be loved for what you are not

GoGO Back To Forum

Similar Threads

  1. 2014-15 Kits
    By Mon Dieu in forum General 'Fitba' Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-05-14, 09:01
  2. Season 2014/15
    By hondo in forum General Hibs Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 17-04-14, 10:52
  3. 2014 Calendar
    By Galloway Hibby in forum General Hibs Chat
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-12-13, 01:29
  4. 2013/2014
    By Mrbudgen in forum General Hibs Chat
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-02-13, 00:18
  5. Womens World Cup Final, Brazil v Germany, on today
    By Green Sleeves in forum Frenchman's Cowshed
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-10-07, 09:32

User Tag List

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •