Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 81

Thread: Cummings

  1. #1
    Radge Donator

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    191
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    77 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    28

    Cummings

    The lad is obviously frustrated with himself. Time somebody sat him down and explained that if you don't hit the target you never score! Trying to burst the net with every shot is getting to him. Sit him down with a video of Jimmy Greaves and let him see the value of accuracy over power or better still let him spend some time with Hibs legend Jimmy O'Rourke!

  2. #2
    Baby Radge
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Mid Calder
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    0
    Or someone tell him it is a team game and you are allowed to pass the bloody ball.

  3. #3
    Donator






    HATTIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Moredun
    Posts
    8,511
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3173 Post(s)
    vCash
    1396
    Rep Power
    611
    Aye, said that to mate yesterday, he could've easily had a Hattrick, needs to relax a bit, trying to hard as you say. But he gets in good positions, tries his heart out.... Still very young and I think he could be a good goal scorer given time...
    GGTTH

  4. #4
    Radge Donator
    Two Headed Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    1,619
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    808 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    412
    A spell out on loan would help him out. Straight from the youth to the first team is a big ask, not too many make it straight away.

    Still reckon their is potential to be honed though.

  5. #5
    Radge Donator
    Zellviren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Limburg province, the Netherlands
    Posts
    1,497
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    820 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1372
    He's not good enough.

    It's really as simple as that.

    Even the Scottish Championship is a level above him.

    The sooner El Alagui is fit, the better. Another striker is also needed in January to provide cover, because Cummings can't provide it.

    He tries hard and wants to be good but, sadly, he's not.

    The only loan I'd support is a permanent one - you know, the one more commonly known as a "transfer".

  6. #6
    Baby Radge
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    41
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    0
    he's not good enough at 19 ! jeez I've heard it all now
    the kid has scored 6 this season with a fine double at ibrox
    people forget he never kicked a ball for a year and a half due to injury so realistically his football development age is realy 17 and a half

    thrown in at the deep end and being booed of the pitch all last year is hardly a great environment to be brought into
    first team football
    his double against Hamilton should have kept us up anyway !

    no pleasing some folk yeh lets just bin him !!!!

  7. #7
    Radge Private Member





    Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    A stool at the bar
    Posts
    11,093
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4208 Post(s)
    vCash
    1562
    Rep Power
    791
    He was never meant to be our main striker in a play every week way.

    Our first pick strike force is Farid, as seasoned proven striker, and Malonga, an internationalist, experienced in some decent leagues.

    If Farid hadn't got injured Jason would have been brought on, probably once the damage was done, learning his trade from a couple of experts.

    He's 19. He should still be in the U20s, ripping up the scoring records, aspiring to be on the first team bench but because of what's happened the last 12 months he's been thrown in at the deep end by TB with The Heff as first tutor.

    He needs a break.
    Space to let

  8. #8
    Radge Donator
    Zellviren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Limburg province, the Netherlands
    Posts
    1,497
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    820 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1372
    Quote Originally Posted by cat1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    he's not good enough at 19 ! jeez I've heard it all now
    the kid has scored 6 this season with a fine double at ibrox
    people forget he never kicked a ball for a year and a half due to injury so realistically his football development age is realy 17 and a half

    thrown in at the deep end and being booed of the pitch all last year is hardly a great environment to be brought into
    first team football
    his double against Hamilton should have kept us up anyway !

    no pleasing some folk yeh lets just bin him !!!!
    Would you like me to list the players who do make it at 19? I can if you like, but it'd be one heck of a long post.

    The bottom line is that the statistics don't lie. His scoring record this year is poor despite the quality of competition, and I've no recollection of him being singled out for booing last year, either. I put the statistics up on another post which pointed out just how much he underperforms.

    There might be "no pleasing some folk" but, equally, some folk are awfy easy pleased.

  9. #9
    Radge Donator
    bigmanandy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The East Stand
    Posts
    7,342
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    784 Post(s)
    vCash
    1075
    Rep Power
    166
    He'll be second choice once Farid is back, needs a time out.

  10. #10
    Radge Donator
    Vini1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    1,808
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    130 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    65
    He is a boy being asked to do a mans job. He will come good. All he needs is a little bit of luck and composure. It feels a bit like he is on a steep learning curve, but once he gets that composure in front of goal he will score plenty. Age is one thing, maturity is another.
    Erin Go Bragh

  11. #11
    A True Gadgie/Gadgess MSG_07's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lapland
    Posts
    1,113
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    365 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by Zellviren View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's not good enough.

    It's really as simple as that.

    Even the Scottish Championship is a level above him.

    The sooner El Alagui is fit, the better. Another striker is also needed in January to provide cover, because Cummings can't provide it.

    He tries hard and wants to be good but, sadly, he's not.

    The only loan I'd support is a permanent one - you know, the one more commonly known as a "transfer".
    Maybe too early to say he isn't good enough, he's scored a decent amount of goals (6 or 7?) in his first full season. He scored nearly 40 goals last season for U20 and first team. I agree that he is no where near the quality of the strikers we've produced previously but should be given a couple of seasons at least.

  12. #12
    Donator






    HATTIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Moredun
    Posts
    8,511
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3173 Post(s)
    vCash
    1396
    Rep Power
    611
    Quote Originally Posted by Zellviren View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would you like me to list the players who do make it at 19? I can if you like, but it'd be one heck of a long post.

    The bottom line is that the statistics don't lie. His scoring record this year is poor despite the quality of competition, and I've no recollection of him being singled out for booing last year, either. I put the statistics up on another post which pointed out just how much he underperforms.

    There might be "no pleasing some folk" but, equally, some folk are awfy easy pleased.
    There's ptobably a list just as long of players who at 20/21 after a year or two to n the first team went onto far greater things.....
    Did you miss the part about his long term injury or just decide it didn't fit in with your stats.....
    GGTTH

  13. #13
    Radge Donator
    Zellviren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Limburg province, the Netherlands
    Posts
    1,497
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    820 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1372
    Quote Originally Posted by Vini1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He is a boy being asked to do a mans job. He will come good. All he needs is a little bit of luck and composure. It feels a bit like he is on a steep learning curve, but once he gets that composure in front of goal he will score plenty. Age is one thing, maturity is another.
    I'm not trying to have a go at you here, Vini, but my question is this (and it's for everyone):

    When you say he's going to "come good", what are you basing that opinion on?

    What have we seen of Jason Cummings that makes people think he's suddenly going to turn into a player, when all the evidence points to the contrary? If we want an opinion-laden debate, I'm honestly cool with that, but so many people have a go at me for pointing out that he's not any good, but nobody seems to want to be drawn on why they think he'll suddenly starting doing it for us.

    Personally, I don't think it's a secret why he's not going to make it at this level - he has too many technical deficiencies, and hasn't got any other physical attributes to make up for the shortfall. In the past, I've been scathing about Paul Hanlon (as an example), but you could always see his ability to control and pass a ball. Most of his errors were caused by bad decision making, which is directly attributable to a lack of experience, and 1875 often talks about the "man up classes" which have also helped.

    Where is this potential with Cummings? Where have we seen it? Where has he proven it?

    These questions must be answered before we can say he's going to make it at Hibs.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hattie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There's ptobably a list just as long of players who at 20/21 after a year or two to n the first team went onto far greater things.....
    Did you miss the part about his long term injury or just decide it didn't fit in with your stats.....
    I'm sorry, Hattie, but that type of commentary just bores the tits off of me. Your first sentence simply isn't relevant, because my earlier point was purely to prove that players younger than Cummings make it; they also do so at a significantly higher level than this. No matter how many youngsters you list that didn't, you can't disprove my premise.

    Secondly, a "long-term injury" plays no part in a player's technical capability (assuming he had any in the first place). Again, there needs to be a cogent argument as to why we should stick with him and keep the faith, rather than a laundry list of excuses for him underperforming. I remember the article posted on here last year about David Wotherspoon and how he was the type of lad who didn't do well with criticism, performing better when given the belief to go and play. The response on here was, basically, that he needed to man up and accept criticism as a part of the game.

    Here we are talking about Jason Cummings, and people are throwing things like "he needs confidence" and "missing that penalty hit him hard" at me, as if that's somehow fair to consider when, erstwhile, it wasn't in the case of Wotherspoon.

    At time of writing, I think a lot of supporters have developed blind spots for some of our lads because of how badly the team has been doing in recent years. In fact, I'm almost 100% certain that Cummings has got chums on here, such is the lack of scrutiny on his shortcomings.

    Again, I'm sorry if this comes across as overly harsh because yours is an opinion I typically respect, but if you want to actually interest me, you have to come up with something other than an excuse. I'm probably not going to respond to much else, seeing as you chose to give such short shrift to my view by posting as if I'd given no thought to what I'd said.

  14. #14
    Radge Donator

    kennyc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Sunny Saughton
    Posts
    2,448
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    213 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    89
    He'll end up falling out with us, go to his beloved team and come back and smash goals past us for fun for the next 10 years!!!! Sound familiar????
    ONE OF THE SYMPTOMS OF AN APPROACHING NERVOUS BREAKDOWN IS THE BELIEF THAT ONES WORK IS TERRIBLY IMPORTANT

  15. #15
    Radge Donator
    Two Headed Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    1,619
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    808 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    412
    He isn't a Derek Riordan. He isn't a Steven Fletcher.

    A Garry O'Connor/Kenny Miller type? Possibly...

  16. #16
    Radge Private Member


    Power's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Dhn ideann
    Posts
    8,463
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    523 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    334
    The two goals the laddie scored at Hamilton last season and at Ibrox this season highlights to me that there is a very gifted football player. He needs someone guiding him but we don't have anyone around the club that I ken that can do that. My Hearts employee pal tells me Crawford has a massive impact on the strikers over the other side of the city.

  17. #17
    get off yer bum an sing radge


    Davy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    8,098
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2197 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    540
    As someone pointed out there seems to be no relationship there with Malonga, which cannot be good. I hope he comes good but he does seem lacking at the moment. Frustrating when you see guys like Anton Curier banging them in at Hamilton, and even McFadden looks the part right now (and would have done a great midfield to front role)...though perhaps Jason will have a better long term future than he. When El-Al returns JC may have a few weeks alongside then Malonga will return and if JC may be relegated to the bench which may or may not work in his favour. If LG somehow returned then JC would be so far behind his chances would be severely limited this season.

    Still like to see Sinclair getting a little run in the team

  18. #18
    Scruffy Radge jarkko wiss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Cowgate
    Posts
    1,903
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    446 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    22
    If I hit the ball as hard as I can, I'll score.
    That's the problem IMO. Balotelli is the same.

  19. #19
    Radge Private Member
    Smurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Suburbia
    Posts
    35,117
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6484 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1846
    Quote Originally Posted by jarkko wiss View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If I hit the ball as hard as I can, I'll score.
    That's the problem IMO. Balotelli is the same.
    If he has 20% of the ability of him we will do okay...

  20. #20
    Hibs Ladies Player Sponsor
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    37
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He was never meant to be our main striker in a play every week way.

    Our first pick strike force is Farid, as seasoned proven striker, and Malonga, an internationalist, experienced in some decent leagues.

    If Farid hadn't got injured Jason would have been brought on, probably once the damage was done, learning his trade from a couple of experts.

    He's 19. He should still be in the U20s, ripping up the scoring records, aspiring to be on the first team bench but because of what's happened the last 12 months he's been thrown in at the deep end by TB with The Heff as first tutor.

    He needs a break.
    If Farid hadn't got injured, would Malonga even be here? The bigger disappointment is Heffernan, who has contributed next to nothing, meaning Cummings has had to play when perhaps he isn't quite ready.

  21. #21
    Scruffy Radge jarkko wiss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Cowgate
    Posts
    1,903
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    446 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If he has 20% of the ability of him we will do okay...
    Indeed but the pair of them need to learn that precision beats power.

  22. #22
    ****ed off Radge

    Hammi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Posts
    7,493
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3753 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    479
    Thought he was pretty good today
    Illegitimi non carborundum.

  23. #23
    Radge Donator

    timberfox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Galashiels
    Posts
    843
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    577 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    26
    I am quite happy to leave the decision to AS , he has done well so far ...

  24. #24
    Iona Street,Leith Radge stevieboi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,146
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    216 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    26
    Good shift was a pest to mcculloch keep it up

  25. #25
    Radge Private Member







    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,841
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3978 Post(s)
    vCash
    3000
    Rep Power
    715
    Played well the day young Jason I thought.

  26. #26
    A True Gadgie/Gadgess MSG_07's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lapland
    Posts
    1,113
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    365 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thought he was pretty good today
    Quote Originally Posted by MixuDave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Played well the day young Jason I thought.
    Yeah he did do well. Tried his best and another goal which is all you can ask really.

  27. #27
    ****ed off Radge

    Hammi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Posts
    7,493
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3753 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    479
    Just seen he got the sky sports man of the match. That's obviously wrong, but not by any fault of his own.

    Refusing to sell him in the summer could be a great thing for us.
    2 big games against Hunco and Cummings shines in both of them. Could be raising his value quite nicely.
    Illegitimi non carborundum.

  28. #28
    Radge Private Member



    dmn1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Cumbernauld
    Posts
    2,829
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1275 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    204
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just seen he got the sky sports man of the match. That's obviously wrong, but not by any fault of his own. Refusing to sell him in the summer could be a great thing for us. 2 big games against Hunco and Cummings shines in both of them. Could be raising his value quite nicely.
    Sky sports gave it to Allan

  29. #29
    Administrator


    SKII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Right here, right now
    Posts
    15,765
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4575 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    2755
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just seen he got the sky sports man of the match. That's obviously wrong, but not by any fault of his own.

    Refusing to sell him in the summer could be a great thing for us.
    2 big games against Hunco and Cummings shines in both of them. Could be raising his value quite nicely.
    Scott Allan got the club MotM at the game AND the Sky one?

    A few celebratory shandies, Hammi?
    Hibs are standing on the brink of history...

  30. #30
    ****ed off Radge

    Hammi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Posts
    7,493
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3753 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    479
    Ah well
    Illegitimi non carborundum.

  31. #31
    Juvenile Radge LaticsHibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    280
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    9
    Genuinely don't think his hearts in it. As soon as he 'has it' if he does he'll be away at the first sniff.

    Wee prick off the pitch though

  32. #32
    Baby Radge
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    41
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by LaticsHibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Genuinely don't think his hearts in it. As soon as he 'has it' if he does he'll be away at the first sniff.Wee prick off the pitch though
    probably the nicest laddie you'd meet always doing over and above with hibs kids.recently went to a disabled kids house off his own back and had a game in the back garden with all his pals for at least an hour what a prick eh ! wish there was more of them

  33. #33
    Juvenile Radge LaticsHibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    280
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    9
    What player doesn't want the publicity?

  34. #34
    Baby Radge
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    41
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by LaticsHibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What player doesn't want the publicity?
    jeezo you obviously don't know the person maybe your a keyboard warrior but heh who knows !! hope you have a good day tomorrow my. friend #ggtth

  35. #35
    Radge Donator

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,872
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    920 Post(s)
    vCash
    10
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by LaticsHibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What player doesn't want the publicity?
    If it is true, then that is great to hear. I was concerned about what his off-field traits are like as he seems as daft as Griffiths, but hopefully he's just a harmless nutter and doesn't act like Griffiths off the pitch.

    I've not read, and can't find any reference, of this event so it's a bit difficult to argue that he was doing it for the publicity when it doesn't appear to have made it into any media or report. Would be great to see things like this made public, for the right reasons.

    Quote Originally Posted by LaticsHibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Genuinely don't think his hearts in it. As soon as he 'has it' if he does he'll be away at the first sniff.

    Wee prick off the pitch though
    I think the complete opposite. He is trying so hard that he's just burning out, blasting shots rather than placing them and trying to score when he should be picking a better option. He is desperate to score and I thought that has shown in the games I've seen him play.

    If he scores against the Gunts tomorrow, you'll see just how much his heart is in it.
    It seems like it's been broken by Hearts; I believe he is more likely to show loyalty towards Hibs, than leave 'at the first sniff'.

    Here's a good article with quite a lot of quotes from Cummings, including this not so subtle hint:

    I was raised a Jambo but I dont look at their results any more. When they let me go I lost a bit of respect for the club. They just pied me! Most of my family are Hearts fans, thats just the way it is though you cant pick your family. But its good that my uncle and a few others are Hibs fans so Im starting to change sides. I now go to my uncles for tea!

  36. #36
    Baby Radge
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    kinross
    Posts
    6
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    0
    I like JC a young guy working his way through what has been a tough time for him in his football career through injury, rejection, hitting a great spell with the 20's, then having huge expectations heaped on him to keep hibs up at back ened of last season, the relegation thereafter, the constant reference to his jambo loyalties over hibs ! trying to find his feet as a regular goalscorer in the first team, crazily high expectations of hibs fans of him having to take every chance !!
    have to say that he hasn't helped himself with some of his interviews and quotes, but he is young and I am sure will have learned from these things, the same as I am sure he is continually learning about how to play the game, working on different aspects, AS spoke about sitting down with him a couple of weeks ago and I think just trying to calm him down and reassure him that things will happen for him with the goals.

    This young guy has got a real goalscoring ability that not too many have and at Hibs we need to develop him to give us that regularly, he is a goalscorer and one we can benefit from, lets see where and what he is doing in 2 years time and stop passing all the unhelpful and demoralising judgement just now. (Please)

    Am no relation or friend, but can I think I can see a real prospect here and outwith the usual Hibs impatience and frustration, I see JC as being an important player for us as he develops further.

    And yes I do get frustrated with him especially when he doesn't get his head up and play with those around him .... when the red mist comes down of I must score ... instead of if I pass he could score !!!

    In our coaching team I trust .....GGTTH

  37. #37
    A True Gadgie/Gadgess
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    5,381
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    52
    Some incredibly harsh criticism on this thread imo for a teenager who has chipped in with his fair share of (important) goals so far and produced some pretty decent performances in big games. Took his goal well again today. Yes a more experienced player would probably have scored the first half header but his overall contribution was decent again, I thought. I've seen many worse strikers at Hibs. Far worse. Some of them much older and more costly than Jason.

  38. #38
    Visionary Philosopher Radge
    7 Hills's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Work: Edinburgh - Home: Livingston
    Posts
    695
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    180 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    98
    He tweeted this a bit earlier.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  39. #39
    Radge Private Member





    Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    A stool at the bar
    Posts
    11,093
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4208 Post(s)
    vCash
    1562
    Rep Power
    791
    Quote Originally Posted by 7 Hills View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He tweeted this a bit earlier.
    Excellent :-)
    Space to let

  40. #40
    radge grandad radge

    hibbybilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Gilmerting
    Posts
    8,871
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2459 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1298
    Quote Originally Posted by 7 Hills View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He tweeted this a bit earlier.
    Well done JC $#@!thumsun


    Think I might nip over to Gorgie Farm and count some Chickens before they've hatched

  41. #41
    Radge Private Member




    Fritz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Living in Hope.
    Posts
    7,499
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3571 Post(s)
    vCash
    2
    Rep Power
    1168
    Quote Originally Posted by 7 Hills View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He tweeted this a bit earlier.
    I love this guy. I love his gallus high self opinion. We need characters like Jason at Hibs.

    You`ve the "touch of an angel", so keep the classic quotes coming son.
    I started out with nothing and i`ve still got most of it left.




    " Without people, you`re nothing.." - Joe Strummer.

  42. #42
    Baby Radge
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Aberdeen/Edinburgh
    Posts
    18
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    0
    Took his goal well today but felt he contributed little else. At the very start of the game one of the puddle drinkers (think it was Mr Ambition Wilson) gave the ball straight to him and instead of driving into the box/playing in Malonga he took an average long shot. If he had used some wit we could have been 1 up. He also missed a header but I couldn't tell how close it was.

    A very frustrating player. Glad he girfuyed the poppy scaffs however.

  43. #43
    Radge Private Member




    Fritz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Living in Hope.
    Posts
    7,499
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3571 Post(s)
    vCash
    2
    Rep Power
    1168
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie_Cadden View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Took his goal well today but felt he contributed little else. At the very start of the game one of the puddle drinkers (think it was Mr Ambition Wilson) gave the ball straight to him and instead of driving into the box/playing in Malonga he took an average long shot. If he had used some wit we could have been 1 up. He also missed a header but I couldn't tell how close it was.

    A very frustrating player. Glad he girfuyed the poppy scaffs however.
    He`s a laddie with a lot to learn. Hopefully, he will.
    I started out with nothing and i`ve still got most of it left.




    " Without people, you`re nothing.." - Joe Strummer.

  44. #44
    Radge


    1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Murraystoon
    Posts
    36,296
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5535 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    3468
    A goal in each of his last three games. Keep them coming Jason. He is a young laddie with much to learn, and he will. Get off his $#@!ing back and support our players.
    nil satis nisi optimum

  45. #45
    ****ed off Radge

    Hammi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Posts
    7,493
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3753 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    479
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie_Cadden View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Took his goal well today but felt he contributed little else. At the very start of the game one of the puddle drinkers (think it was Mr Ambition Wilson) gave the ball straight to him and instead of driving into the box/playing in Malonga he took an average long shot. If he had used some wit we could have been 1 up. He also missed a header but I couldn't tell how close it was.

    A very frustrating player. Glad he girfuyed the poppy scaffs however.
    Far too desperate for his goal against them to consider anything but a shot in that first instance. That'll change, hopefully, with experience. The goal he took was a very neat accomplished finish though.
    The header, again from inexperience, should have went across goal but opted to try for the front post.

    He is what he is, a confident young player in his first full season.
    9 goals so far is a good return for someone of his status and in fairness he was never supposed to be a first choice. Should be developing from the bench but I think it's benefited him being on the park.

    Needs work, but who doesn't.
    Illegitimi non carborundum.

  46. #46
    Radge Private Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Pilrig
    Posts
    273
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    134 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    31
    Really good players always play on the 'edge' - Mickey Edwards was never a saint either but was a player.

    He needs the experienced players to help him but if we lose the 'edge' he'll be a lot less effective - after all he's a laddie learning his trade - took me more than 2 years to learn mine!

  47. #47
    The Hibee Radge



    Daddy 'O' Hibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    3,429
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    133 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    181
    It's easy to be critical of young players, they make mistakes. How many of us said" he should've headered that across the goalkeeper" today. Youngsters learn lots from playing regular and growing in confidence. He enjoyed scoring against the team that released him as a laddie. $#@!y wee guy who has a bright future in the game.

  48. #48
    Radge Private Member




    Fritz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Living in Hope.
    Posts
    7,499
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3571 Post(s)
    vCash
    2
    Rep Power
    1168
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddy 'O' Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's easy to be critical of young players, they make mistakes. How many of us said" he should've headered that across the goalkeeper" today. Youngsters learn lots from playing regular and growing in confidence. He enjoyed scoring against the team that released him as a laddie. $#@!y wee guy who has a bright future in the game.
    I`ll field that one.

    Me.
    I started out with nothing and i`ve still got most of it left.




    " Without people, you`re nothing.." - Joe Strummer.

  49. #49
    The Hibee Radge



    Daddy 'O' Hibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    3,429
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    133 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    181
    [QUOTE=Fritz;1447751]I`ll field that one.

    Me. [/QUOTE

    You just knew that was a crucial moment of the game, they would have opened up a little more a lost more goals.
    Positives a plenty and lots to build on.


  50. #50
    Radge Private Member




    Fritz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Living in Hope.
    Posts
    7,499
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3571 Post(s)
    vCash
    2
    Rep Power
    1168
    [QUOTE=Daddy 'O' Hibee;1447755]
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I`ll field that one.

    Me. [/QUOTE

    You just knew that was a crucial moment of the game, they would have opened up a little more a lost more goals.
    Positives a plenty and lots to build on.

    Absolutely. Disappointed in the result but not the team performance. We are on our way back.
    I started out with nothing and i`ve still got most of it left.




    " Without people, you`re nothing.." - Joe Strummer.

GoGO Back To Forum

Similar Threads

  1. jason cummings
    By Bambino in forum General Hibs Chat
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 27-05-14, 21:00
  2. Cummings
    By Davy in forum General Hibs Chat
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 23-05-14, 23:13
  3. Cummings
    By DeLaCruz in forum General Hibs Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 19-04-14, 23:58
  4. Jason Cummings
    By Hammi in forum General Hibs Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 20-02-14, 17:17

User Tag List

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •