Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    vCash

Alan Stubbs.

The football Hibs are playing just now reminds me of the glory days under Big Tone. Considering the monstrous job he's had to undertake in such a short period, I say Stubbs deserves massive credit. Well done Alan. Onwards and upwards!

Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    282 Post(s)
    vCash
    He certainly seems to have the team playing ALOT better than the previous few managers have. Putting together a decent enough side. But, the most important thing is promotion. He must get us promoted for it to be considered a success at the end of the season.

Heavenly Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    215 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He certainly seems to have the team playing ALOT better than the previous few managers have. Putting together a decent enough side. But, the most important thing is promotion. He must get us promoted for it to be considered a success at the end of the season.
    Im hoping for promotion but not expecting it. We would need to have an exceptional transfer window in January for me to be confident because we need strengthened in several positions. Stubbs as achieved way beyond what I expected considering the state we were in when Butcher left. He has made some exceptional signings and has us playing really well at the moment. Well done Alan

get off yer bum an sing radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2196 Post(s)
    vCash
    At the moment its looking good and is answering the critics within the Everton fans who seemed to be pleased he was leaving their club, how he would be unpopular and wreck the dressing room. I dont see much evidence of that.

Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5532 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Davy View Post
    At the moment its looking good and is answering the critics within the Everton fans who seemed to be pleased he was leaving their club, how he would be unpopular and wreck the dressing room. I dont see much evidence of that.
    I never heard any comments about Stubbs for Everton fans of that type, some took the huff because he was accused of offering poor advice to Wayne Rooney and possibly Leighton Baines. Look at Evertons youth success and you will see how succesful he was their.
    nil satis nisi optimum

get off yer bum an sing radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2196 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875 View Post
    I never heard any comments about Stubbs for Everton fans of that type, some took the huff because he was accused of offering poor advice to Wayne Rooney and possibly Leighton Baines. Look at Evertons youth success and you will see how succesful he was their.

True, most were against him because of that, but there was a lot of negative comments around at the time, and no lack of supporters doubting his integrity and worth to club management. The following is a ummary of some of the comments...though of course there ere others who did like him.

Alan Stubbs to talk to Hibernian about vacant managers job!!!!! | Page 16 | GrandOldTeam

Hope he gets it. The sooner that fkin parasite is out of the club the better.

koff Stubbs, you bad, bad bell.

there are not many 'evertonians' who I despise. but he is one of them. the snidey tit. I even prefer slavan bilic to this beaut.

Good riddance (hopefully)

i quite like HIBs so hope he goes elsewere.

as much as i have a soft spot for Hibs i would like him gone if thats the fasted way so be it ,hard luck Hibees

I've also heard from some of the lads involved with the technical analysis side of things that he is really archaic with his training. He doesn't "believe" in some of the more modern training methods. Might be miles off but he came across as a bit of a laughing stock.

He caused the flood, we rebuilt it.

Always been all us. The man is scum.

Well don't. He is a frequent, persistent and self-serving liar.

I dont like him, so him leaving wont bother me. It'd also mean that Roberto could get his own man in to help teach the U21s to play proper boss togger.

He's a clueless no mark that will take you down whilst probably setting up a sideline in selling your best players

Pretty sure there's more to the Baines thing than the selected passage above mate, but for me it's the fact that he used inside information to raise his personal profile to serve his own ends (again?) as he was launching his book that annoyed me most about the incident. Bad egg, do us a favour and help us get rid please.

I think he'll be a dreadful coach like, but just don't understand the hate for a blue who did a good job on the pitch for us and has been part of a successful backroom staff.

He's probably not the most intelligent bloke from the looks of things and therefore his mouth can get him in trouble, but when there's right snides at the club like Suntan and the marketing team behind disaster like Kitbag, Kings Dock, Fortress Sports Fund and the ilk, then the hatred of Stubbs seems way, way over the top to me.

stubbs is not a very good manager..

Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5532 Post(s)
    vCash
    I am sure there were plenty who liked him too, indeed I see no point in your post, other than to make a point about some Everton fans not liking him, it would seem for non football reasons? I am an Evertonian but more importantly, a Hibby and I am pleased with the progress Alan Stubbs has had at the club in the short time he has been in charge. If his training methods are 'supposedly archiac', keep reading the 70's coaching manuals Alan, its the best I have seen Hibs perform in years.
    nil satis nisi optimum

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6480 Post(s)
    vCash
    There's still a long way to go but there's been remarkable progress in the last month. We've left Easter Road hugely disappointed on Sunday and Wednesday with the outcome but both performances give huge encouragement of where this team could go.

Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6629 Post(s)
    vCash
    I am sure there were plenty who liked him too, indeed I see no point in your post, other than to make a point about some Everton fans not liking him, it would seem for non football reasons? I am an Evertonian but more importantly, a Hibby and I am pleased with the progress Alan Stubbs has had at the club in the short time he has been in charge. If his training methods are 'supposedly archiac', keep reading the 70's coaching manuals Alan, its the best I have seen Hibs perform in years.
    Indeed. It doesn't matter what other peoples opinion of him is. He is our manager and he seems to be doing a good job in reconstructing the side.

Look at comments re for example Lewis Stevenson on here. I could pick out a few to back an argument that the fans think he is crap and leave out any comments that say he isnt and hey voila - the fans think he is crap.
    They're gone, not here, forgotten
    The maroon brigade now cry
    The city is now Hibernian
    The team that would not die

[© Daddy O'Hibee]

If you don’t know what introspection is, you need to take a long, hard look at yourself

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    713 Post(s)
    vCash
    Spot on!! Who gives a $#@! what they thought of him M, it looks like he's turning this team for the better!! An as long as he continues the way he has he will get my backing!!

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    159 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Davy View Post
    True, most were against him because of that, but there was a lot of negative comments around at the time, and no lack of supporters doubting his integrity and worth to club management. The following is a ummary of some of the comments...though of course there ere others who did like him.

Alan Stubbs to talk to Hibernian about vacant managers job!!!!! | Page 16 | GrandOldTeam

Hope he gets it. The sooner that fkin parasite is out of the club the better.

koff Stubbs, you bad, bad bell.

there are not many 'evertonians' who I despise. but he is one of them. the snidey tit. I even prefer slavan bilic to this beaut.

Good riddance (hopefully)

i quite like HIBs so hope he goes elsewere.

as much as i have a soft spot for Hibs i would like him gone if thats the fasted way so be it ,hard luck Hibees

I've also heard from some of the lads involved with the technical analysis side of things that he is really archaic with his training. He doesn't "believe" in some of the more modern training methods. Might be miles off but he came across as a bit of a laughing stock.

He caused the flood, we rebuilt it.

Always been all us. The man is scum.

Well don't. He is a frequent, persistent and self-serving liar.

I dont like him, so him leaving wont bother me. It'd also mean that Roberto could get his own man in to help teach the U21s to play proper boss togger.

He's a clueless no mark that will take you down whilst probably setting up a sideline in selling your best players

Pretty sure there's more to the Baines thing than the selected passage above mate, but for me it's the fact that he used inside information to raise his personal profile to serve his own ends (again?) as he was launching his book that annoyed me most about the incident. Bad egg, do us a favour and help us get rid please.

I think he'll be a dreadful coach like, but just don't understand the hate for a blue who did a good job on the pitch for us and has been part of a successful backroom staff.

He's probably not the most intelligent bloke from the looks of things and therefore his mouth can get him in trouble, but when there's right snides at the club like Suntan and the marketing team behind disaster like Kitbag, Kings Dock, Fortress Sports Fund and the ilk, then the hatred of Stubbs seems way, way over the top to me.

stubbs is not a very good manager..

Typical Toffees. Know feck all about football. They thought Davie Moyes was a great manager. :roll floor

Stubbsy is performing miracles at Easter Road. Respect.

Bounce Flag Co-Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    603 Post(s)
    vCash
    Just out of interest, who thinks Leanne Dempster deserves a little bit of credit too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    404 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    I agree to a degree...But it has to be said this club was still in free fall when Stubbs got the Hibs job. He first had to stop this ship from sinking and he's managed that. now the chase is on and Hearts are more than aware of our threat to them. We are going up Steve20! And hearts will be the team we bin in the play off and I can't wait.

I like how Alan Stubbs has pointed out that Hearts behaved as if they had won something when they infact havent won a damn thing. Tjey sound scared to me.

I urge the stay away fans to return now and help increase the championship promotion campaign. We are going up!!
    "Life Is what Happens When You're Busy Making Other Plans"

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6480 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Sleeves View Post
    Typical Toffees. Know feck all about football. They thought Davie Moyes was a great manager. :roll floor

Stubbsy is performing miracles at Easter Road. Respect.
    Davie Moyes is a very good manager. He did an excellent job at Everton.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    159 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    You think so? The football was dire to watch, he was tactically poor, and in 11 years he didn't win single league match at Liverpool, Man U, Chelsea, or Arsenal. On the plus side he kept them in top 7 or 8... for longer than the football on show deserved.

****ed off Radge

Edinburgh, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3750 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    He took them to a higher regular level, but I think Martinez is showing that Moyes didn't take them as far as they could have gone.

Would Moyes have been given the millions to buy Lukaku?
    Illegitimi non carborundum.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    91 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JQ HIBS View Post
    The football Hibs are playing just now reminds me of the glory days under Big Tone. Considering the monstrous job he's had to undertake in such a short period, I say Stubbs deserves massive credit. Well done Alan. Onwards and upwards!
    Well said mate, Stubbs does indeed deserve credit, you can see the way he is trying to get Hibs to play a free flowing passing style which is chalk and cheese to the hoof ball tactics deployed under Butcher, Stubbs has also brought in players to play in this way, sorted the right back position and done it without having to spend, well done Alan

Mustang Loving Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1465 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bofahibee View Post
    Just out of interest, who thinks Leanne Dempster deserves a little bit of credit too?

Hungry Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    839 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bofahibee View Post

Alan Stubbs is not the most eloquent of speakers/PR men. His main talent appears to be working with young players and preparing them for the step up to first team duties. As a relatively young man he can also still relate to some of the older pros in the game. This appears to fit in to the set-up Leanne Dempster has in mind for the Club with the emphasis on recruitment, coaching and development and I believe she deserves credit for implementing this radical change in the backroom staff at a time when it would be have been all too easy to hire the likes of Jimmy Calderwood and let him fill the side with journeymen. The lack of instant results doesn't sit well with the fans but IMHO it was going to take something like this to get the most out of the infrastructure with East Mains in particular beginning to look like a white elephant. Hopefully Stubbs will be able to concentrate on getting the first team playing attractive, winning football in the knowledge that the other coaches are recruiting and developing the next generation for him.

Bounce Flag Co-Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    603 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blue toon hibby View Post
    Alan Stubbs is not the most eloquent of speakers/PR men. His main talent appears to be working with young players and preparing them for the step up to first team duties. As a relatively young man he can also still relate to some of the older pros in the game. This appears to fit in to the set-up Leanne Dempster has in mind for the Club with the emphasis on recruitment, coaching and development and I believe she deserves credit for implementing this radical change in the backroom staff at a time when it would be have been all too easy to hire the likes of Jimmy Calderwood and let him fill the side with journeymen. The lack of instant results doesn't sit well with the fans but IMHO it was going to take something like this to get the most out of the infrastructure with East Mains in particular beginning to look like a white elephant. Hopefully Stubbs will be able to concentrate on getting the first team playing attractive, winning football in the knowledge that the other coaches are recruiting and developing the next generation for him.
    Good post mate. I think that pretty much sums up the way I see it. Obviously it's early days but as I've posted before, I'm liking what I see. Let's hope we kick on from here and prove the doubters wrong. I also hope that the people who abused Leanne are man enough to apologise. For her part she needs to take a leaf out of the Tache's book and get Scott Allan on a new contract ASAP.

Finally if it does go right for us, I hope Stubbs and his coaching team are prepared to stay at Hibs for a decent time and not get itchy feet too soon.

Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5532 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Sleeves View Post
    nil satis nisi optimum

Radge Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    784 Post(s)
    vCash
    Cut out the draws and you'll do well here Alan.

GoGO Back To Forum