vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    329 Post(s)

Genuine concern

I was reflecting on our relegation from the Premier league last season and comparing it to the last time we suffered the same fate.

One thing that always strikes me is the amount of people who find it unfathomable that Hibs can find themselves in that position. The complete capitulation of the team is well documented but it was clear to see on both occasions that a very poor team and very poor management had led to the inevitable outcome.

I've listened to Alan Stubbs recently tell us that it'll take time for our team to gel and there's no quick fix but unfortunately I just don't buy it. Had we invested in the true quality that we were promised and done so early I can't help but think we'd be further up the table.

All the talk of Griffiths has provided a bit of a smokescreen to our current situation, we are approaching a quarter of the way through the season and we've scraped 2 wins and lost 4. It's completely unacceptable that we are effectively out of the running by the end of September.

So, just putting it out there, is anybody else genuinely concerned that we are looking at another fight for survival?

Radge Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    790 Post(s)
    I am also concerned, looked at the league table yesterday and its grim reading, we've heard all this 'take time to gel' $#@! in the past and its all talk and not much action.

The Griffiths rumours which should be put to bed should be put to one side and we should be putting more pressure on the people running our club who are hiding behind these continuous 'Smokescreens'.

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2531 Post(s)
    Yes, IMO we are heading for another fight for our survival. An unexpected relegation with the last kick of the ball in late May this year has been a total disaster for our club and I reckon even if we do get back up this season it's going to take several years to properly get our ship back on course. The club is virtually having to be re-built from the bottom up and that is going to take quite some time to complete whether we like it or not.

I personally don't think Hibs can afford another year in the First Division...I also think we are going to be in for a rather nasty shock when the club accounts for the year are produced in the next few weeks with regard to the loss for the year and the overall debt accrued by the club. We are a club in crisis and this is the ball and chain that Alan Stubbs, a man with no previous managerial experience anywhere let alone Scottish football, is having to cope with. We have been in crisis management at the top of the club for quite some time now, and particularly since relegation. The club has a huge job on it's hands to get the supporters back on side because we are now in a vicious circle of the fans wanting more investment in the team and club having to cope with lack of money due to ever dwindling crowds coming to Easter Road.

The restructuring of the youth set-up and the efforts of our new CEO Leeann Dempster had I'm sure been planned and formulated long before our catastrophic descent into the First Division, so now it looks to many fans that we are addressing the wrong priorities, however IMO they have no other option just now. Stubbs has been able to bring some good players to the club and as far as I am concerned since the season started too many players have not came to terms yet with the task in hand and have not been doing their jobs properly. This must change very quickly.

More talk of possible takeover bids may be unsettling, but IMO the club at the top level needs to be unsettled. We lack the ambition, drive and vision at the top to take the club out of this league and back up to where we should be. I am very much hoping there is change at the top very soon, because if we carry on as we are at the moment with this arrogant disregard for the supporters and lack of any real efforts to maximise the potential of the club, more and more fans are going to abandon the club and we will be left with a husk of a once great Scottish football institution. We simply cannot allow this to happen.
    "I can't stress enough how important it is to be in possession of the football - it is better to be the matador rather than the bull"

John Hughes

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    110 Post(s)
    Whilst I agree that the start we have made to the season is unacceptable, do not agree we are out of the running for a play-off place. Far too early for these sort of predictions IMO. IF we get a result at Ibrox tomorrow, we are right back in the mix. I also genuinely believe that the diet huns have won their last game against us this season , we are far from the finished article but nowhere near as bad as some folk are saying. Keep the faith lads/lassies, we will come good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

vCash
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    811 Post(s)
    Its definitely not looking good just now. We need to start picking up results soon. I think we'll know in the next 3 games whether we have any chance of the playoffs, everyone will have played everyone once and its far enough in that the team should be playing together in the way the manager wants them to.
    "Son, no one gives a shit about all the things your cell phone does. You didn't invent it, you just bought it. Anybody can do that."

get off yer bum an sing radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2214 Post(s)
    concerned about league survival? no....possibly about getting in top 4

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    28 Post(s)
    I honestly thought we would be battling relegation again If we didn't make some good signings

That'll no happen...
    That's what everyone said last season

Totally dishonoured to be a Hibee.
    Will always love the club tho

Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    303 Post(s)
    We might put a run together and finish top 4. But there's not a chance we'd beat Hearts or Rangers in a playoff. None.

Those two will go up because the people running our club simply couldn't give a damn what happens on the pitch.

Radge Monthly Contributor

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    376 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenmachine View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, IMO we are heading for another fight for our survival. An unexpected relegation with the last kick of the ball in late May this year has been a total disaster for our club and I reckon even if we do get back up this season it's going to take several years to properly get our ship back on course. The club is virtually having to be re-built from the bottom up and that is going to take quite some time to complete whether we like it I personally don't think Hibs can afford another year in the First Division...I also think we are going to be in for a rather nasty shock when the club accounts for the year are produced in the next few weeks with regard to the loss for the year and the overall debt accrued by the club. We are a club in crisis and this is the ball and chain that Alan Stubbs, a man with no previous managerial experience anywhere let alone Scottish football, is having to cope with. We have been in crisis management at the top of the club for quite some time now, and particularly since relegation. The club has a huge job on it's hands to get the supporters back on side because we are now in a vicious circle of the fans wanting more investment in the team and club having to cope with lack of money due to ever dwindling crowds coming to Easter Road.The restructuring of the youth set-up and the efforts of our new CEO Leeann Dempster had I'm sure been planned and formulated long before our catastrophic descent into the First Division, so now it looks to many fans that we are addressing the wrong priorities, however IMO they have no other option just now. Stubbs has been able to bring some good players to the club and as far as I am concerned since the season started too many players have not came to terms yet with the task in hand and have not been doing their jobs properly. This must change very quickly.More talk of possible takeover bids may be unsettling, but IMO the club at the top level needs to be unsettled. We lack the ambition, drive and vision at the top to take the club out of this league and back up to where we should be. I am very much hoping there is change at the top very soon, because if we carry on as we are at the moment with this arrogant disregard for the supporters and lack of any real efforts to maximise the potential of the club, more and more fans are going to abandon the club and we will be left with a husk of a once great Scottish football institution. We simply cannot allow this to happen.
    A good post GM although I think we will scrape a top four finish. Evidence to back this up....none....just blind faith. I just can't contemplate anything else.

Justified Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3458 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    We might put a run together and finish top 4. But there's not a chance we'd beat Hearts or Rangers in a playoff. None.

Those two will go up because the people running our club simply couldn't give a damn what happens on the pitch.
    Pretty much the size of it. Much as it pains me to say it.
    Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'...

Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

vCash
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    811 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post

Who knows what could happen between now and the playoffs?
    "Son, no one gives a shit about all the things your cell phone does. You didn't invent it, you just bought it. Anybody can do that."

GoGO Back To Forum