0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    140 Post(s)
    vCash

On This Date in History

Off the top of my head:

1) Wednesday, 4 September 1985: Hibs 4-4 Celtic (Hibs won 4-3 on pens); Skol Cup quarter final. During the match our goals were scored by Stevie Cowan, Gordon Durie, Colin Harris and a Danny McGrain og which Jukebox arrogated (and that season's programme credited to him). We actually went 2 up during the penalties before Benny Brazil and ? missed. Anyway, Pierce O'Leary went down in Hibby folklore that night when he missed Celtic's pen! Just like Frank De Boer would do for the huns nearly two decades later!;

2) Wednesday, 4 September 1991: Ayr United 0-2 Hibs (McGinlay, Hibs); Skol Cup quarter final. And so to our first League Cup semi since the huns six years previously. Who did we get? Er, the huns! What happened? We phucked them? Did you know that we have won our last four League Cup semis v the huns? How many teams can say that? We should shout these things from the rooftops! Us Hibbies have a lot to be proud of, even if the last seven years have between halfway between purgatory and Gorgie;

3) Saturday, 4 September 1993: Killie 1-1 Hibs (Evans); Premier League. Evans for us in the first half, Beastie for them in the second. We were pretty lucky to get a point that day; and

4) Saturday, 4 September 2004: them 3-1 Hibs (Dobbie pen); Festival Cup. In truth, in a match contested by each club's youngsters and fringe players, we were well beat. But I seem to recall us having an equaliser/goal which halved the deficit disallowed controversially shortly before Dobbie's pen. Only 7,500 there, and 2,500 of them were Hibbies. Big team, my helmet.

Mad to think it's 29 years ago tonight since I listened to the Celtic game on Radio Clyde! I was at all the others.

Please feel free to share your memories of these - or any other matches from this date - on this thread.

Nostalgia is not just a song by the Buzzcocks after all.

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    557 Post(s)
    vCash
    I remember that Festival cup game well. All the fans in the hearts end given they blow up sticks you hit together.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1858 Post(s)
    vCash
    at all of those except the festival cup game which I have no recollection of at all..
    until the sky turns green

Radge Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    580 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven Tattoos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Off the top of my head:

;

2) Wednesday, 4 September 1991: Ayr United 0-2 Hibs (McGinlay, Hibs); Skol Cup quarter final. And so to our first League Cup semi since the huns six years previously. Who did we get? Er, the huns! What happened? We phucked them? Did you know that we have won our last four League Cup semis v the huns? How many teams can say that? We should shout these things from the rooftops! Us Hibbies have a lot to be proud of, even if the last seven years have between halfway between purgatory and Gorgie;

3) Saturday, 4 September 1993: Killie 1-1 Hibs (Evans); Premier League. Evans for us in the first half, Beastie for them in the second. We were pretty lucky to get a point that day; and

4) Saturday, 4 September 2004: them 3-1 Hibs (Dobbie pen); Festival Cup. In truth, in a match contested by each club's youngsters and fringe players, we were well beat. But I seem to recall us having an equaliser/goal which halved the deficit disallowed controversially shortly before Dobbie's pen. Only 7,500 there, and 2,500 of them were Hibbies. Big team, my helmet.

Mad to think it's 29 years ago tonight since I listened to the Celtic game on Radio Clyde! I was at all the others.

Please feel free to share your memories of these - or any other matches from this date - on this thread.

Nostalgia is not just a song by the Buzzcocks after all.
    I remember coming out of ER absolutely knackered after that game !!. Probably one of THE most exciting matches I've ever been to, I literally kicked every ball !. I'm sure Septic's missed penalty was a blooter right over the bar ??

Toddler Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    vCash
    Celtic game was incredible. Non-stop excitement from start to finish. Even as a naive youngster leaving the game I knew I'd experienced something special. Pretty sure Gordon Rae was the other penalty miss. Later that season we beat them 4-3 in the Scottish. Another cracking match with Eddie May's late diving header from Colin Harris's cross winning it.

I'm a Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3814 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    I remember coming out of ER absolutely knackered after that game !!. Probably one of THE most exciting matches I've ever been to, I literally kicked every ball !. I'm sure Septic's missed penalty was a blooter right over the bar ??
    Miles over

Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5699 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Forzahibs View Post
    Miles over
    I mind it going right over the roof of the old cowshed?
    nil satis nisi optimum

I'm a Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3814 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875 View Post
    Me too but thought maybe it wasn't quite as bad , sounds like it was afterall

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2496 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SuffolkHibee View Post
    Celtic game was incredible. Non-stop excitement from start to finish. Even as a naive youngster leaving the game I knew I'd experienced something special. Pretty sure Gordon Rae was the other penalty miss. Later that season we beat them 4-3 in the Scottish. Another cracking match with Eddie May's late diving header from Colin Harris's cross winning it.
    Best game I have ever seen at Easter Road

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 1875 View Post
    Pearce O'Leary
    "I can't stress enough how important it is to be in possession of the football - it is better to be the matador rather than the bull"

John Hughes

Heavenly Radge and all round bampot! deano6-2's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)
    vCash
    Was at all bar the first one as I was only 6 months old! The festival cup game is the worst I have ever been boozed at the football. Was out the night before at some techno night at the liquid rooms til 5am. Penny black at 6am then the 4 in hand at half 9 after I'd picked up a ticket. Was absolutely blitzed by the time I got in to tynie.

GoGO Back To Forum