Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)
    vCash

Pat Fenlon, Chris Booth. St. pats

Managed to have a quick chat with Pat before going into the game. Was nice to catch up with Pat and say hello. I know there are folk out there who I can understand would not give him the time of day. However Pat was again a gentleman and nice to see him again. Said he's doing ok which is good and physically looked more healthier since the last time i saw him, good to see.

Less said about the game the better after so much promise in the first leg.the lads tried their best tho and very proud.

Especially for the collections going on for the St.Pats fan, Chris Booth from Sheffield. Big blades and St.Pats fan who flew over regularly to Ireland for St.Pats games. Chris sadly died away on the first leg. Not just St.Pats but supporters but other clubs for example Drogheda here helping to raise money for the fella and his family.

Legia stepped it up a gear after we lost most of our defense through injury.

Radge Private Member

as far away fi The Saville Dome as possible
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1161 Post(s)
    vCash
    I wasn't a fan.

I'm glad he is doing ok. A very decent chap by all accounts. Should never have been near the Hibs job.

A True Gadgie/Gadgess SteveIrwin's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    73 Post(s)
    vCash
    Pat Fenlon is a top top lad. Much respect for him. He loved Hibs. It didn't work out. But he's a proper football man and a true IRISH gent! We love ya Paddy.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1161 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveIrwin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pat Fenlon is a top top lad. Much respect for him. He loved Hibs. It didn't work out. But he's a proper football man and a true IRISH gent! We love ya Paddy.
    But he signed shefti , and vine , and kujabi , and Tudor jones, and Liam Craig. He overseen 1-5 and 0-7
    I really wish he was never near our club. Good guy , Irish or whatever. The guy was a disaster and has a lot to too do with the league we are in now.
    I wish him no ill, I just wish I'd never heard heard his name. Which is exactly where I was before we gave him the job of managing a once great proud club.

Toddler Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tayside hibee View Post
    But he signed shefti , and vine , and kujabi , and Tudor jones, and Liam Craig. He overseen 1-5 and 0-7
    I really wish he was never near our club. Good guy , Irish or whatever. The guy was a disaster and has a lot to too do with the league we are in now.
    I wish him no ill, I just wish I'd never heard heard his name. Which is exactly where I was before we gave him the job of managing a once great proud club.
    Hibs still are a proud great club. I would agree Pat made mistakes in his time as manager just like the current manager has made mistakes but my point is I don't think you came blame Pat for being in the lower league we are in .... only one person to blame for that and that's Terry Butcher . He's was a complete tit

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    371 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tt harley View Post
    Hibs still are a proud great club. I would agree Pat made mistakes in his time as manager just like the current manager has made mistakes but my point is I don't think you came blame Pat for being in the lower league we are in .... only one person to blame for that and that's Terry Butcher . He's was a complete tit
    First and foremost TT is correct in saying Butcher dragged us down and he takes sole blame in my book. Secondly Fenlon was actually a bawhair from clinching a top 6 finish in his first and only full season with some shocking referee decisions including the disallowed Griffiths free kick goal preventing us from finishing higher. The usual injury build up of key players midway through the season too when Hibs were doing well didn't help either but how often have we seen this happen!

As someone who regularly watched Pat Fenlon on Hibs TV he always came across as very sincere at wanting to change the fortunes of the club. He's not the first manager to sign players from rival SPL clubs for it not to work out. He realised he wasn't cut out for the job and stepped down so fair play to the guy. Sometimes walking away can be a difficult thing especially when you're committed to the cause. After the amount of abuse Fenlon has taken, I am quite suprised he still has a soft spot for Hibs.

Statistically Radge Admin

Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1537 Post(s)
    vCash
    I think with the benefit of hindsight Fenlon was a good manager - his biggest failing was a lack of faith in his own ability which lead him to be conservative in decisions. He didn't help himself by not getting the Edinburgh media onside though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Atlanta Hibs Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    590 Post(s)
    vCash
    it wasnt Butcher's fault for yon cup final tho

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1161 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG_07 View Post
    First and foremost TT is correct in saying Butcher dragged us down and he takes sole blame in my book. Secondly Fenlon was actually a bawhair from clinching a top 6 finish in his first and only full season with some shocking referee decisions including the disallowed Griffiths free kick goal preventing us from finishing higher. The usual injury build up of key players midway through the season too when Hibs were doing well didn't help either but how often have we seen this happen!

As someone who regularly watched Pat Fenlon on Hibs TV he always came across as very sincere at wanting to change the fortunes of the club. He's not the first manager to sign players from rival SPL clubs for it not to work out. He realised he wasn't cut out for the job and stepped down so fair play to the guy. Sometimes walking away can be a difficult thing especially when you're committed to the cause. After the amount of abuse Fenlon has taken, I am quite suprised he still has a soft spot for Hibs.
    Please explain how someone who had shefti Kuqi on trial and thought he was worth a contract can ever be considered a decent manager?
    Or someone who picked the team , set the tactics and was in charge for the build up to the biggest game we have had in 50 years?
    Nobody is denying he was sincere and wanted to succeed. His style of football was like a pub team and I can't think of any player he found who was a success at ER.
    He should never have been near our club

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    371 Post(s)
    vCash
    Please explain how someone who had shefti Kuqi on trial and thought he was worth a contract can ever be considered a decent manager?
    Or someone who picked the team , set the tactics and was in charge for the build up to the biggest game we have had in 50 years?
    Nobody is denying he was sincere and wanted to succeed. His style of football was like a pub team and I can't think of any player he found who was a success at ER.
    He should never have been near our club
    Sometimes easy to say with hindsight. The Kuqi monster was awful, he could be barely run. The ref could be blamed as much as Pat. Well we've maybe only had 2 or 3 managers in recent times that have played good football!

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1161 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG_07 View Post
    Sometimes easy to say with hindsight. The Kuqi monster was awful, he could be barely run. The ref could be blamed as much as Pat. Well we've maybe only had 2 or 3 managers in recent times that have played good football!
    Hindsight my arse
    Kuqi came on for his first 20mins and everyone in the stadium knew the guy was past it by about 3 years.

Eoin Doyle spent a season watching the ball get fired about 20 feet above his head

I can still picture Fenlon standing arms crossed at the side of the pitch, looking absolutely lost while we got humiliated 7-0 at home. Offering no leadership or ideas. How he never resigned after that says more about him than anything else. He knew he wasn't up for the job.

GoGO Back To Forum