Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    718 Post(s)
    vCash

Independent Business Review

Banks often instruct these for non performing corporate clients. An Ernst and Young or KPMG for example to scrutinise the business and then present a glossy report at huge cost.....to the struggling business!

I used to just blame our never-ending woes on poor choices of management and player signings but surely we have all - including Petrie and Farmer - now reached the point where we acknowledge that there are deep rooted problems at the club which are stopping managers and players from achieving even the smallest bit of success.

I remember suggesting a long time back that it would be good to get some football people in to look at the workings of Hibs from top to bottom then to present their findings.....to the board to ignore?

There are plenty of people who have been successful in football people who would jump at the chance of this kind of work. I seriously doubt that the board would have the appetite to pay for someone to come in and potentially slaughter them. I wonder what Pat Nevin's availability, desire and rate would be. A player at the top level with a chief exec role at Motherwell under his belt.

I'd also have them try and speak to the likes of John Rankin - if willing of course - to get views on why they struggled at Hibs yet flourished elsewhere. Past managers also would be key although they might be concerned at confidentiality agreements they signed as part of their pay off but Rodders could surely sanction a temporary lifting.

Other things to look at are the boards/Petrie's policy on the timing of summer signings, the allocation of our total wage budget including potential wage caps. The list is endless.

I appreciate there would be very little chance of the board/Petrie having any wish to do this BUT it's up to us to be more proactive with ideas for change as there's fek all coming out of Easter Road other than camouflaged requests to renew a season ticket (coz you're a hibby).

By the way, bagged 2 places in a box from a Big 4 firm for Eintracht/Werder after instructing an IBR with them for a 6 figure sum. 1-0 win tae. A wee bit of "hospy" never harmed any cant ken .

Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    776 Post(s)
    vCash
    Turkeys voting for Christmas. Never going to happen.
    "Son, no one gives a shit about all the things your cell phone does. You didn't invent it, you just bought it. Anybody can do that."

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4245 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hibadelic View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Turkeys voting for Christmas. Never going to happen.
    I agree. There's no point in commissioning reports, or doing similar internally, if they are going to gather dust on one of two desks.
    Space to let

Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6657 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I agree. There's no point in commissioning reports, or doing similar internally, if they are going to gather dust on one of two desks.
    Still, @Crooksy's idea does have a lot of merit and I would like to see Hibs do something like this as well. The rot has to be stopped and perhaps a few home truths would do the cluib the world of good. Simply dismissing it as "turkeys voting for christmas" or saying there is no point will not help Hibs out of the malaise in which the club finds itself.
    They're gone, not here, forgotten
    The maroon brigade now cry
    The city is now Hibernian
    The team that would not die

[© Daddy O'Hibee]

If you don’t know what introspection is, you need to take a long, hard look at yourself

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    776 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dub View Post
    Still, @Crooksy's idea does have a lot of merit and I would like to see Hibs do something like this as well. The rot has to be stopped and perhaps a few home truths would do the cluib the world of good. Simply dismissing it as "turkeys voting for christmas" or saying there is no point will not help Hibs out of the malaise in which the club finds itself.
    My point is that Petrie or Farmer are unlikely to commission a report which would be likely to be highly critical of their tenure. I would love to see it happen but it won't.
    "Son, no one gives a shit about all the things your cell phone does. You didn't invent it, you just bought it. Anybody can do that."

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6534 Post(s)
    vCash
    Is it official that Rod Petrie only works part time now?

Quite a bit past it radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6390 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurfy View Post
    Is it official that Rod Petrie only works part time now?
    For Hibs?

Yes. Has been for some time - years in fact.

He's not a youngster any more, and I reckon he will have been giving thought as to how many roles he can keep up.
    Considering the salary he gets from Hibs (none) and the thanks he gets (not much) I would expect he will have been considering succession planning at Easter Road.

I would be surprised if he hangs about much longer.
    Three years max I'd guess.

A True Gadgie/Gadgess
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1216 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Shrink View Post
    For Hibs?

He's not a youngster any more, and I reckon he will have been giving thought as to how many roles he can keep up.
    Considering the salary he gets from Hibs (none) and the thanks he gets (not much) I would expect he will have been considering succession planning at Easter Road.

To keep his job with the SFA doesn't he have to be on the hibs board? I can't see him giving that number up anytime soon mate.

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6534 Post(s)
    vCash
    For Hibs?

So what was Scott Lindsay and Fyfe Hyland doing at the club? What was their duties and responsibilities? Who does them now?

Radge Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    845 Post(s)
    vCash
    Meh, I don't know.

At the moment, I just feel it'd be an unnecessary expense and one that'd gather the wrong type of media coverage for the club. On the other hand, something has to happen and maybe an independent review is what's required for people to get their fingers out of their arse.

Maybe the biggest issue is that we're on a message board which isn't monitored or paid attention to by anyone at the club (I believe). If we were to write to the board with the suggestion, it'd be rebuked. If we somehow did get someone in, their recommendations would be ignored.

Hibs need new ownership and leadership.

Anything short of that is going to be fruitless.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6390 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bambino View Post
    To keep his job with the SFA doesn't he have to be on the hibs board? I can't see him giving that number up anytime soon mate.
    I don't think so - the 'other' Vice President of the SFA used to be Chairman of Cove Rangers and eventually gave that gig up to be a full time blazer I think.
    My view was always that Rodders might follow a similar path.
    Despite many thinking Rodders is not a 'football person' that view is not shared amongst the echelons of the SFA and the SPFL where he is rated very highly.
    Strange one eh?

So what was Scott Lindsay and Fyfe Hyland doing at the club? What was their duties and responsibilities? Who does them now?
    I was going to have a stab at this ......... but I can't get the image of someone 'doing' Scott and Fyfe simultaneously.

I feel slightly nauseous.

Radge Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    845 Post(s)
    vCash
    I was going to have a stab at this ......... but I can't get the image of someone 'doing' Scott and Fyfe simultaneously.

You're the one who said "stab".

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6390 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zellviren View Post
    You're the one who said "stab".

A True Gadgie/Gadgess
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1216 Post(s)
    vCash
    I don't think so - the 'other' Vice President of the SFA used to be Chairman of Cove Rangers and eventually gave that gig up to be a full time blazer I think.
    Despite many thinking Rodders is not a 'football person' that view is not shared amongst the echelons of the SFA and the SPFL where he is rated very highly.
    Strange one eh?

Cool Doc in you I trust. Petrie on the other hand

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4245 Post(s)
    vCash
    They did various things over the years. I think towards the end Scott was responsible for all things East Mains while Fyfe was all things Easter Road.

Their roles have been divvied up among who is left. I sometimes get the impression though that not much happens without Rods say so and given his lack of time in situ there are issues.
    Space to let

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6534 Post(s)
    vCash
    Strange one eh?

No need to make a fist of it.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4245 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zellviren View Post
    Meh, I don't know.

At the moment, I just feel it'd be an unnecessary expense and one that'd gather the wrong type of media coverage for the club. On the other hand, something has to happen and maybe an independent review is what's required for people to get their fingers out of their arse.

Maybe the biggest issue is that we're on a message board which isn't monitored or paid attention to by anyone at the club (I believe). If we were to write to the board with the suggestion, it'd be rebuked. If we somehow did get someone in, their recommendations would be ignored.

Hibs need new ownership and leadership.

Anything short of that is going to be fruitless.
    The message boards are visited by the club and certain threads will catch their attention, monitored and be discussed by the club internally. It would be absolutely stupid for any organisation to ignore such a rich vein of customer feedback. Football is lucky enough to have the mother lode with fans forums!

There's also the fact that most folk at ER, directors, management and other employees are staunch Hibbies, making it almost inconceivable that they don't frequent at least here and dotnet -at least that's what at least 4 of them have told me ;-)

Radge Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    580 Post(s)
    vCash
    For Hibs?

Maybe the case is a club our size NEEDS a full-time chief exec - preferably one WITH a footballing-background ? (The high heid-yins of the SFA and SPFL thinking highly of him, imho, just confirms 'he's one of the chaps')

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against Rod, he's done a fantastic job, but I genuinely feel there's too much emphasis on the 'Business-side' of Hibs, rather than the 'Football-side'. Rod goes on about the 'Hibernian-family' - right now, if we were a 'family', it'd be getting reported to 'Social-services' for cruelty, desertion, abuse .........

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6390 Post(s)
    vCash
    No need to make a fist of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    The message boards are visited by the club and certain threads will catch their attention, monitored and be discussed by the club internally. It would be absolutely stupid for any organisation to ignore such a rich vein of customer feedback. Football is lucky enough to have the mother lode with fans forums!

There's also the fact that most folk at ER, directors, management and other employees are staunch Hibbies, making it almost inconceivable that they don't frequent at least here and dotnet -at least that's what at least 4 of them have told me ;-)
    I've noticed the 'fishul site corrects the spelling/grammar/dafty errors when I moan about them on here.

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    776 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    Maybe the case is a club our size NEEDS a full-time chief exec - preferably one WITH a footballing-background ? (The high heid-yins of the SFA and SPFL thinking highly of him, imho, just confirms 'he's one of the chaps')

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against Rod, he's done a fantastic job, but I genuinely feel there's too much emphasis on the 'Business-side' of Hibs, rather than the 'Football-side'. Rod goes on about the 'Hibernian-family' - right now, if we were a 'family', it'd be getting reported to 'Social-services' for cruelty, desertion, abuse .........
    I'm not sure the footballing background is required,it just needs someone at the top who genuinely gives a $#@! about winning and is able to communicate that passion and let it spread throughout the club.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1822 Post(s)
    vCash
    For Hibs?

didn't know Rod now takes no salary from Hibs, how many days a week does he put in?
    until the sky turns green

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6390 Post(s)
    vCash
    Enough to justify his pay I reckon.

GoGO Back To Forum