----

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      vCash

Michael Nelson

I've read a lot on here and twitter, and heard a lot at games directed michaels way. What short memories we have. Before we signed Nelson the back line consisted of Forster and hanlon. Mcpake was already injured during the malmo game.
      When Nelson came in he was a leader during his first few performances and every fan to a man was saying finally we had signed a real leader! He even came up with a few goals.
      When he broke his cheek bone, it was 'we're missing Nelson'. He even came back and played with a mask such was his dedication.
      He doesn't claim to be a youngster and speedy Gonzales. But for fans to blame him so much for the demise of the club is ridiculous. He hasn't had a constant defensive partner for months and no one is denying he is getting on a bit. But the man has given his all. He is not the reason we're down. Him and Hanlon made a good partnership and I'm looking forward to them pairing up next season, cos they will be the best partnership in the championship.

Radge Private Member

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      4 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      vCash
      I've seen ships turn quicker ! However I know what you mean ! Very much an auld fashioned no nonsense centre half ! Brave in the air and fkn brutal (at times) in the challenge !

Baby Radge
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      vCash
      Quote Originally Posted by Central_Hibee View Post
      I've read a lot on here and twitter, and heard a lot at games directed michaels way. What short memories we have. Before we signed Nelson the back line consisted of Forster and hanlon. Mcpake was already injured during the malmo game.
      When Nelson came in he was a leader during his first few performances and every fan to a man was saying finally we had signed a real leader! He even came up with a few goals.
      When he broke his cheek bone, it was 'we're missing Nelson'. He even came back and played with a mask such was his dedication.
      He doesn't claim to be a youngster and speedy Gonzales. But for fans to blame him so much for the demise of the club is ridiculous. He hasn't had a constant defensive partner for months and no one is denying he is getting on a bit. But the man has given his all. He is not the reason we're down. Him and Hanlon made a good partnership and I'm looking forward to them pairing up next season, cos they will be the best partnership in the championship.
      deluded. i don't blame him for relegating us, but really, he is pi*h. a desperate signing.

Radge Private Member
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      vCash
      Quote Originally Posted by Calzone View Post
      I've seen ships turn quicker ! However I know what you mean ! Very much an auld fashioned no nonsense centre half ! Brave in the air and fkn brutal (at times) in the challenge !
      The guy is 34 and yet we criticise him for pace/turning! Out of all the players this year I don't think he is one who's commitment could be criticised. Decision making went towards the end of the season as it did for the whole team as tiredness/confidence/support dwindled. The punting took hold as the midfield hid.

All im saying is give the guy a break. We literally have no players. We've been desperate for leaders for years so in a squad for next years championship we shouldn't dismiss one so quick.

Nelson was considered a good signing before Butcher decimated the squad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TootingHibs View Post
      deluded. i don't blame him for relegating us, but really, he is pi*h. a desperate signing.
      He's 34 FFS. Hardly his fault!

Mustang Loving Radge

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      4 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      vCash
      I'm giving none of these guys a break. FFS everyone of them to a man took us down, and you want us to give him a break. Both Nelson and McGivern have been slated and rightfully so.

6. Likes Stew the Hibee liked this post
      Radge Private Member
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      vCash
      Quote Originally Posted by SuperTortolano View Post
      I'm giving none of these guys a break. FFS everyone of them to a man took us down, and you want us to give him a break. Both Nelson and McGivern have been slated and rightfully so.
      Yet you all allow Butcher, who is most culpable, to remain in post taking over 200k a year out the club. Perhaps if you all abused him as much as you did the rest he'd have resigned by now.

Mustang Loving Radge

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      4 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      vCash
      Yet you all allow Butcher, who is most culpable, to remain in post taking over 200k a year out the club. Perhaps if you all abused him as much as you did the rest he'd have resigned by now.
      When I said I was giving none of these guys a break, Butcher, Malpas, and everyone else was included. You really think Butcher doesn't know the fans want him out. Of coarse he knows, but I don't see him resigning. The whole lot of them from Farmer down to Nelson are to blame for this clusterfuk, and not one deserves a break, Nelson included.

Baby Radge
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      vCash
      I have always liked Michael in our back 4. I think he is a great asset to the club, not only in defence but gives us a threat at set pieces. You can see his passion and commitment on the pitch and see how much the club means to him. He gives his all every game and no matter if he has a good or not so good game he still gets abuse. At the hamilton game I sat next to guys abusing him for breathing really, yep maybe he hoofs the ball up the park but if his midfielders helped then maybe he wouldn't hoof the ball.
      I hope he stays!

Adult Radge
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      vCash
      Quote Originally Posted by CatF1875 View Post
      I have always liked Michael in our back 4. I think he is a great asset to the club, not only in defence but gives us a threat at set pieces. You can see his passion and commitment on the pitch and see how much the club means to him. He gives his all every game and no matter if he has a good or not so good game he still gets abuse. At the hamilton game I sat next to guys abusing him for breathing really, yep maybe he hoofs the ball up the park but if his midfielders helped then maybe he wouldn't hoof the ball.
      I hope he stays!
      I have to disagree.a player in a Sunday pub team could hoof the ball aimlessly up the park.
      this is a so called professional player we are talking about picking up a decent wage.
      for any hibs fan wanting him to be with us next season must be easy pleased or totally insane

Baby Radge
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      vCash
      Quote Originally Posted by Flanny boy View Post
      I have to disagree.a player in a Sunday pub team could hoof the ball aimlessly up the park.
      this is a so called professional player we are talking about picking up a decent wage.
      for any hibs fan wanting him to be with us next season must be easy pleased or totally insane
      Fair enough. Maybe i am insane.
      But when he still shows the passion he does after receiving the disgusting abuse that he gets then it shows he has heart. The abuse he takes is unreal and playing for hibs means alot to him!
      Everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

Baby Radge
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      vCash
      The guy is $#@!ing murder, every game he has played I have sat and watched him hoof the ball up the pitch, he would sooner put it out for a corner rather than pass it, I really can't believe he is being defended.

He is far too old, past it. But even that isn't an excuse for the way he plays. "No nonsense" is how some like to describe him, it's an excuse for booting the ball in to row Z and diving in to tackles. The only player that started constantly and was worse than him IMO was McGivern and that just goes to show how $#@!e he is, and we still have them at this club.

Some people need to stop accepting mediocrity. It's a farse these two jokers are still at the club, never mind being defended.

I am someone who liked McGivern when he first joined, thought the first few games he played he looked decent , doesn't mean I am going to defend him for being shockingly poor all season.

If Nelson and McGivern are any where near that defense next season Butcher has lost the $#@!ing plot.

Adult Radge
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      vCash
      Quote Originally Posted by josh-great View Post
      The guy is $#@!ing murder, every game he has played I have sat and watched him hoof the ball up the pitch, he would sooner put it out for a corner rather than pass it, I really can't believe he is being defended.

He is far too old, past it. But even that isn't an excuse for the way he plays. "No nonsense" is how some like to describe him, it's an excuse for booting the ball in to row Z and diving in to tackles. The only player that started constantly and was worse than him IMO was McGivern and that just goes to show how $#@!e he is, and we still have them at this club.

Some people need to stop accepting mediocrity. It's a farse these two jokers are still at the club, never mind being defended.

I am someone who liked McGivern when he first joined, thought the first few games he played he looked decent , doesn't mean I am going to defend him for being shockingly poor all season.

If Nelson and McGivern are any where near that defense next season Butcher has lost the $#@!ing plot.

i totally agree and if the two mentioned are at hibs next
      season then god only knows where we could end up,frightening

Radge Donator
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      vCash
      Sorry, but he's done (along with the clown McGivern !) - when was the last time he won a ball in the air ?

Mustang Loving Radge

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      4 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      vCash
      Where were those leadership skills and commitment last week? I'm not singling him out, but experienced players like Nelson, Maybury and Craig should have had the team up for it last week. All season long that have been gutless, spineless, cowards who simply didn't show up for the fight. Week in week out they hid and cowered, as teams rose to the challenge and beat us. Even after securing a 2-0 victory away they still found a way to lose. The whole team has a losing mentality with no balls. Apart from the young lads and Robertson the rest should be emptied.

Baby Radge
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      vCash
      Craig has struggled to get himself geared up never mind the rest of the team! He is the first one whose head goes down and he doesnt communicate. When williams and nelson were captain earlier in season they were communicating with team mates. I think this is where butcher went wrong by letting LC be captain. Nelson has had a hard season with injury etcand abuse from certain fans abusing him on personal twitter .
      I like him and think if we put appropriate players around him.
      My opinion! Not everyone is going to agree.

Vino Admin Radge
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Meh

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      9 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      vCash
      He is garbage, get him out of our club.
      trots van het noorden

nil satis nisi optimum

Bounced Out!
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      2 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      vCash
      I think this is where butcher went wrong by letting LC be captain.
      I can think of a hundred other reasons that come before this one.

As for Nelson we should give him a break because he's 34 and lacks pace! Nobody blames him for relegation. He was one of many contributory factors and he's open for criticism along with many others. Granted he has probably had a lot more than others but that's life. The sheep mentality on messageboards.

I thought he did OK in the play off games but doesn't mean he should be near our club next season.

Radge Donator
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      vCash
      Quote Originally Posted by Calzone View Post
      I feel a bit sorry for a few players, because you can't fault their commitment. Maybury, Stevenson & Nelson. Maybury is probably our best defender. He backs of a lot, but when he makes a tackle, he usually wins it. Probably the most professional player at the club, followed by Lewis. However, his legs have started to go now, and where we as a club should be, and are hopefully heading, we need better. Still would've liked to see him stay in some capacity to pass his experience and professionalism onto the younger players. He can leave with his head held high. Good luck to the man.
      Lewis. Definitely the most committed player we have. Always gives his all, but I'm afraid, very limited ability. Still living on the back of his cup final performance. That was 7 years ago, and he's never played as well since. He tends to gather the ball and move forward, but as soon as a player closes him down, he very rarely tries to go past him. It's either sideways, or backwards for the hooooooof. This is part of the problem why we constantly give away possession. Maybe a change of club will kick start his career, and again, wish him all the best.
      Nelson. As has been pointed out. Takes a lot of abuse. Very solid in the air, worst distributor of the ball at the club by miles. I don't understand why centre halves can't pass a ball. Nobody is born a Hoofer. We all learn to play FOOTBALL when we are kids. In his defence, as stated about Lewis, he is the only one who actually shows for the ball. Because the midfield has no confidence/limited ability, they are constantly looking to get rid of the ball. Nelson is usually their outlet. The midfield know the hoof is coming when it's laid back, but constantly do so. A better midfield would try and move the ball forward, and we would rarely see the hoof. They would also make themselves available for the ball, and so give payers like Nelson a simple pass. Nelson in another team would actually look quite solid, but again, legs are starting to go, and we need better.
      I wish them all the best and thank them for their undoubted commitment. However, time we started signing quality over quantity.

I'm a Radge Donator

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      2 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      vCash
      Quote Originally Posted by 1875 View Post
      They all are

Vino Admin Radge
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Meh

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      9 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      vCash
      Quote Originally Posted by Forzahibs View Post
      They all are
      Yes, but this thread is talking one of them up, one of the worst.
      trots van het noorden

nil satis nisi optimum

Radge Private Member

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      17 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      vCash
      Items for Sale
      I can only think when he got that knock on the chops he became colour blind and couldn't make out the colour green properly. A completely blind person kicking a ball in random directions would find one of the Hibs 50% of statues/players on the pitch more often than he did! He wasn't the only one with this affliction.

At times it was as though it was deliberate.

As for twitter (I have an account but very rarely use it, so it wiznae me abusing anyone) if you can't take it don't have an account with an easily recognisable name and only let your mates know it, or don't have an account at all - its not rocket science.

Radge Private Member

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      vCash
      Without doubt Nelson is one of the most limited footballers I have ever had the misfortune to clap eyes on not just for Hibs but in the SPL. His MO is just to smash it the way he is facing, he is slow, couldn't trap a bag of cement, does not read the game well and does not talk to others throughout the game. He is an abomination of a football player an absolute fraud.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Vino Admin Radge
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Meh

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      9 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      vCash
      Quote Originally Posted by Crooksy View Post
      I thought he did OK in the play off games but doesn't mean he should be near our club next season.
      He was reasonable away at Hamilton, poor second leg and yes, he needs to move on.
      trots van het noorden

nil satis nisi optimum

A True Gadgie/Gadgess
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      vCash
      Sorry but him and McGivern are feckin horrendous they would struggle to get s game in my laddies team. They are to hlame for relegation huddys the pair of them.

Radge Private Member
      is Standing on the shoulders of
      giants

I am:
      Friendly

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      vCash
      Safe to say he's now playing at the correct level I like Nelson he's no Sauzee or ulrik laurssen but he's committed and was one of the few screaming to keep us up. When next season starts It's a new chapter for me all last seasons Pish is out the window as far as I'm concerned. I'm backing Butchers hibs next season legs see what he can do with a pre season and hopefully Dempsters support will shine.
      "Life Is what Happens When Your Busy Making Other Plans"

A True Gadgie/Gadgess
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      vCash
      Quote Originally Posted by DeLaCruz View Post
      Safe to say he's now playing at the correct level I like Nelson he's no Sauzee or ulrik laurssen but he's committed and was one of the few screaming to keep us up. When next season starts It's a new chapter for me all last seasons Pish is out the window as far as I'm concerned. I'm backing Butchers hibs next season legs see what he can do with a pre season and hopefully Dempsters support will shine.
      if you think Nelson has found his level and your happy with him you have completely no clue with regards to what is a decent player. Never in my life have I seen such incompetence from 1 player. Not just punting it every time to noone but out the park too.I will not be back untill this excuse and thr other excuse are away tae feck.

Baby Radge
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      vCash
      Exactly the type of player who should be chased from Easter Road.Awful in all respects.OP have a word.

Radge Donator
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      vCash
      Hooooooooooooooooooooooffff
      'I'd rather see my sister in a brothel than my brother in a Hearts scarf'

30. Likes 1875 liked this post
      Radge Private Member

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

as far away fi The Saville Dome as possible
      Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      5 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      vCash
      I can't see how he is going to be any better next season Especially after his summer stint at blackpool.

32. Likes Deansy liked this post
      Heavenly Radge
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      vCash
      I hope he stays!
      A very poor fly.

Radge Private Member

is running off the edge of the
      world and wont be shut down.

I am:
      Wtf

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      2 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      vCash
      Have i stumbled into the twilight zone here? Some alternate Bounce reality? Nelson is decent. Hope he`s here next season.

Do me a favour. Is this hopeless dud what we`ll accept now?

If this useless $#@!in donkey is anywhere near Hibs next season and Stanton, Harris and Forster have been let go then Petrie and Butcher should swing from the highest yardarm in Leith docks for such a travesty.
      I started out with nothing and i`ve still got most of it left.

Rock n' Roll Radge
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      vCash
      A few are saying he's "solid" - in what way? His clearances go straight to the opposition, thus putting us back under pressure, he rarely wins a header and if he does it goes straight up in the air to which he will subsequently lose the second aerial duel, and he backs off so much that when he does finally make a challenge he inevitably gives away a foul in a dangerous area.

I've no sympathy for him, he gets paid good money and was a key player in a relegation season: get him to $#@!.

Radge Private Member
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      8 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      vCash
      Quote Originally Posted by 1875 View Post
      This.

Section 43

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      vCash
      That you Michael?

Radge Private Member
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      vCash

I still stand by what I was meant though. It's not his fault he's old and Fenlon probably expected to use him as decent cover for hanlon and mcpake.

A lot of this widely talked about distribution problems weren't helped by a midfield that totally hid, and no one like Thomson playing dropping off, making themselves available. The only one that did tended to be Craig, who would then take over the hoofing duties. I genuinely think a lot of this is caused by the way malpas wants them to play.

Neither were mcgivern or nelson helped by Hanlons injury, as they were able to just put the ball sideways to him to distribute earlier in the season.

But tbh I don't want hibs to be a team where the centre halves are forced to hoof it in the first place, accurate or not.

All lm saying is the personal abuse is over the top, he tried his best and given his age, wasn't helped enough by other factors. And as for the state we're in, goals conceded wasn't actually the problem, as a lot of teams conceded more, it was the pishy tactics and not scoring.

Toddler Radge
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      vCash
      Jason Scotland, fat, slow and ponderous, ripped Nelson a new one last Sunday. Jason Freaking Scotland! This was not an aberration in Nelson's season. I rest my case.

- - - Updated - - -

I still stand by what I was meant though. It's not his fault he's old and Fenlon probably expected to use him as decent cover for hanlon and mcpake.

A lot of this widely talked about distribution problems weren't helped by a midfield that totally hid, and no one like Thomson playing dropping off, making themselves available. The only one that did tended to be Craig, who would then take over the hoofing duties. I genuinely think a lot of this is caused by the way malpas wants them to play.

Neither were mcgivern or nelson helped by Hanlons injury, as they were able to just put the ball sideways to him to distribute earlier in the season.

But tbh I don't want hibs to be a team where the centre halves are forced to hoof it in the first place, accurate or not.

All lm saying is the personal abuse is over the top, he tried his best and given his age, wasn't helped enough by other factors. And as for the state we're in, goals conceded wasn't actually the problem, as a lot of teams conceded more, it was the pishy tactics and not scoring.
      I have no idea what you are tying to do here. Maybe you're on the wind up. But Nelson was one of the poorest players in the squad last season - no mean feat!

His is age is irrelevant.

Donator

is Enjoying ma new pad

I am:
      Happy

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      17 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      vCash
      This is a joke yeah? I mean how the fcuk else do you explain a thread defending Micheal Nelson?
      It is better to be hated for what you are, than to be loved for what you are not

Radge Private Member
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      vCash
      I didn't realise it was actually going to offend people. Delete the thread if that's the case but there has been a couple of people with similar feelings!

Radge Private Member
      giants

I am:
      Friendly

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      vCash
      Quote Originally Posted by hfc1875 View Post
      if you think Nelson has found his level and your happy with him you have completely no clue with regards to what is a decent player. Never in my life have I seen such incompetence from 1 player. Not just punting it every time to noone but out the park too.I will not be back untill this excuse and thr other excuse are away tae feck.
      I see next season as a new chapter hfc1875 I don't want to begin next season with slagging our team off we have to move forward. I can't see us bringing in stars like lately and Sauzee this time
      "Life Is what Happens When Your Busy Making Other Plans"

Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge

This user has no status.

I am:
      Awesome

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      24 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      vCash

Even sober you're defending him? I hope he gets to fukk out of Hibs before the start of next season and never plays for us again. He is slow of thought and deed and when he does think of something to do it usually begins with H and ends in oooooooooooof. Not good enough even in the second division.
      They're gone, not here, forgotten
      The maroon brigade now cry
      The city is now Hibernian
      The team that would not die

[ Daddy O'Hibee]

Radge Private Member

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      17 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      vCash
      Items for Sale
      I didn't realise it was actually going to offend people. Delete the thread if that's the case but there has been a couple of people with similar feelings!
      Your only offence so far is to suggest you may have offended people. :-)

The only thing we agree on here is an overarching love of Hibs. Everything under that and any other subject we disagree on.

45. Likes Central_Hibee liked this post
      Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge

This user has no status.

I am:
      Awesome

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      24 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      vCash
      If people are offended because they dont agree with your opinion then thats their problem not yours. I dont agree with you on this but I wouldnt get offended because we have contrary views. This is fitba and people disagree
      They're gone, not here, forgotten
      The maroon brigade now cry
      The city is now Hibernian
      The team that would not die

[ Daddy O'Hibee]

47. Likes Central_Hibee liked this post
      A True Gadgie/Gadgess
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      vCash
      I see next season as a new chapter hfc1875 I don't want to begin next season with slagging our team off we have to move forward. I can't see us bringing in stars like lately and Sauzee this time
      A new chapter means getting getting rid. You can find better centre halfs in a sunday amatuer side.

Radge Private Member
      giants

I am:
      Friendly

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      vCash
      Quote Originally Posted by hfc1875 View Post
      A new chapter means getting getting rid. You can find better centre halfs in a sunday amatuer side.
      I agree so if he's here he's here if he's not he's not. Won't phase me either way.

What worries me most is that including even me our support seems to feel that we are to wait patiently for hearts and rangers to win promotion. That worries me so much that two clubs we hate have already got us holding the gate open for them to walk into the bigger back garden. Petrie out all over the place for me he's the problem at Hibs not one defender. Hibs have to put seriously good players into that team and aim for 1st place but it's something we know Petrie will not do.

Radge Donator
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      5 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      vCash
      I agree so if he's here he's here if he's not he's not. Won't phase me either way.

What worries me most is that including even me our support seems to feel that we are to wait patiently for hearts and rangers to win promotion. That worries me so much that two clubs we hate have already got us holding the gate open for them to walk into the bigger back garden. Petrie out all over the place for me he's the problem at Hibs not one defender. Hibs have to put seriously good players into that team and aim for 1st place but it's something we know Petrie will not do.
      Is that not the manager's job though ?
      "I can't stress enough how important it is to be in possession of the football - it is better to be the matador rather than the bull"

John Hughes

Roots Rock Radge
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      vCash
      It's difficult to defend retaining a guy who is even worse on the ball than Sean O'Hanlon was that night in Dumfries. He did a job, it's true, when he was part of a more confident defence earlier in the season, and when our midfield hadn't retreated completely into their shells, but he was never any use at passing or distribution. Come to think of it, the night we won away at Firhill was as shocking a performance as last Sunday's - just back then the break of the ball wasn't as few and far between - and Nelson was terrible that night too.

What I cannot defend, and no decent Hibby can, is the vitriol he has been subjected to on twitter. I know he's a grown man and he gets a decent wage for his troubles, but this is a matter of basic respect for people and their families. Though why footballers even bother with twitter is beyond me.
      Have you heard of the Northbank Highbury?

52. Likes Central_Hibee liked this post
      Baby Radge
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      vCash
      Quote Originally Posted by TootingHibs View Post
      Spot on mate.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Radge Private Member
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      8 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      vCash
      Quote Originally Posted by Greenmachine View Post
      Is that not the manager's job though ?
      Who conducts the negotiations on behalf of the manager? How many of these targets fall through?

Heavenly Radge and all round bampot!
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      vCash
      Plenty of time to pick a pass - aimless hoof. Constantly.
      Opposition attacking our goal - he'll gladly give them a head start and not even bother to challenge to prevent them skipping into our box.

There is no commitment from this guy. He doesn't even look like he wants to be at Hibs. Ship him and McGivern out asap. Only players who are prepared to fight and want to win are wanted for the coming season.

56. Likes Dub liked this post
      Radge Private Member
      is Waiting............

I am:
      Bemused

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      vCash
      Can't believe this is a real thread. Brilliant commitment, turn up put on the strip and kick the ball as far away from you as humanly possible. The guy did contribute heavily to our demise after his return from injury, as a commanding CB which is the role he was given he failed badly and on many occasion horrendous. I think even he was embarrassed to be picked.

GoGO Back To Forum