----

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      vCash

Just back...

After the game yesterday and not seeing one of these in a while I thought I'd give it a go, personal opinions so change them as you wish

Williams - done reasonable for what little he had to do, might have done better at the goal but it's the same every week for him near enough

Maybury - much better showing as the season finishes must be wanting another contract, solid fullback when he wants to be and the Ronaldo-esque touch he took in the 70 something minute rounded it off

Nelson - heard the name tinpot man being shouted his way by some near me, needs some oil on him then slow at I'd say at fault for the first goal, played better when h went off

McGivern - still not his best but should remain in the centre for last 2 games defensively done well but dropped nelson right in it for the sending off, distribution was p*** poor once again

Stevenson - same as every week, worked his socks off and although he's not a world beater we need players like him to get us through this patch

ThoMson - connected the defence and midfield well again shame he probably won't play for us again, best talent at the club

Robertson - starting to look like the player he was earlier this season and was defo one of the best picks for MOTM great engine on him

Harris - apart from a few runs inside into other players he went missing until subbed, needs U20's to get confidence back

Craig - looks more comfortable out on the wing but needs to look up and pick out a green shirt more better shift from the captain this week though new centre half in the making?

Stanton - which of the Patrick staff do you think put oil on his boots this morning, maybe he was trying to copy Gerrard today spent more time slipping on his a*** than playing poor showing this time

Cummings - he has got to get a goal in the last 2 games, I can see he wants to score more than the rest but is never sure when to pass or go himself, the abuse he got from some up in sect 43 was shocking to someone who was starting only his second game at the age of 18

Subs
      Collins - came on I thought here we go again, actually had his first good touch since joining us and managed an assist well done at last James
      Watmore - impact sub just like last week, done what was asked of him
      Handling - too late to do anything barely touched the ball

Partick - played some nice football but ruined it by time wasting from the 28th minute

Butcher&Co - managed to eventually get it right after playing more than 1 up top, must have felt sick when we had 3 strikers on at once

Ref - let them get away with lots of fouls but it's the same old story for us unfortunately

Good crowd today got behind them well and we need to build on this, let's keep 8th and win the last 2 to show some hope for next season.

Donator

is having a bevvy...

I am:
      Amused

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      4 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      vCash
      Pretty good summary.
      Can't really disagree with anything to be honest.
      But it's $#@!in disgusting if some knob end was giving Cummings a hard time...
      GGTTH

Radge Donator

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      vCash
      Got to agree.
      I was in sect 43, didn't hear anyone giving Jason a hard time! Thought he had a good game personally

Bounced Out!
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Annoyed

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      2 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      vCash
      Quote Originally Posted by allyp1875 View Post
      Got to agree.
      I was in sect 43, didn't hear anyone giving Jason a hard time! Thought he had a good game personally
      Boy will play for Scotland. Mark my words. Hearts will regret releasing him big time.

Radge Private Member
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      8 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      vCash
      Quote Originally Posted by Bambino View Post
      Boy will play for Scotland. Mark my words. Hearts will regret releasing him big time.
      I don't see it. The ball comes off him too easily and he never looks like he's going to score in the first team. Though I've never seen him play in the youth team etc

Heavenly Radge and all round bampot!
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      vCash
      seen him loads with under 20s at livi plays with a partner with under20s totally different game playing as lone striker

Radge Donator
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      5 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      vCash
      Quote Originally Posted by Eden_Hibby View Post
      seen him loads with under 20s at livi plays with a partner with under20s totally different game playing as lone striker
      Exactly...get an experienced proper centre-forward alongside him to guide him along and he will score goals in this league I'm sure of it.

If Butcher wants to continue next season with this lone striker system (which I hate TBH) he had better get in a striker who can play this role properly. Absolutely nobody in the current squad can.
      "I can't stress enough how important it is to be in possession of the football - it is better to be the matador rather than the bull"

John Hughes

Radge Donator
      is sore from Insanity workouts.

I am:
      Cool

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      2 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      vCash
      I just want to preface this by saying that Hibs played well yesterday... Very well. The fact they didn't get all three points was an injustice, it'd been a horrific result if we'd have walked away with nothing so good on the lads. We've been demanding effort from them and, yesterday, we got it.

About bloody time.

I'm not sure about blaming Williams for the goal, I'm really not. The old boy is convinced he was at fault, I'm not so sure - when it ballooned off the striker, it could have went anywhere. I thought Maybury and Stevenson played well enough at full back, and even got forward at times to some effect, but surely this is Maybury's last season; get him into to coaching set up and replace him on the park.

Mixed bag at centre half for me. The best contribution from Michael Nelson was to get sent off and, thus, suspended. Another poor performance, invariably punctuated with his cannons forward where he just puts his foot through the ball the way he's facing. Crap. That said, I thought Ryan McGivern was our man of the match - he had a few misplaced passes, but he looked composed throughout, won every ball in the air and used the ball intelligently. He was excellent.

I sincerely hope that's not the last time we see Kevin Thomson. I thought him and Scott Robertson ran the game in the middle of the park, with one doing the heavy lifting and the other reading the game and using the ball well. It's a shame we've found our best combination so late, but that's life I suppose. I didn't think Alex Harris played particularly well, but Liam Craig probably had his best game for us in a while. His distribution is still off, but he worked pretty hard and looked to be more incisive than previously. In a winning team, playing with a bit of confidence, maybe (just maybe) he's the player we thought we were getting all along.

Good lad, Sammy Stanton - that goal could be absolutely vital in keeping us up. That said, I thought it was an otherwise anonymous performance from the lad and he'll need to do better in the future. As for Jason Cummings, the boy really needs a strike partner; he worked hard, tried to influence the game, but spent much of his time crowded out, shifted into pointless positions or trying to create something from nothing.

As for the subs, James Collins simply isn't the answer up front and neither is Danny Handling. I still wouldn't hate to see Handling given a relatively decent run in the team but, like Cummings, is going to need the right type of partner if he plays up front and I'm not convinced we have that at the club. Duncan Watmore came on and showed a few flashes too, to the extent where I'd start him against Ross County in place of Alex Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by Bambino View Post
      Calm down, Bamberino. The laddie might just about be good enough for us, but he's yet to actually prove that this is his level and is extremely unlikely to ever be international material.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenmachine View Post
      Exactly...get an experienced proper centre-forward alongside him to guide him along and he will score goals in this league I'm sure of it.

If Butcher wants to continue next season with this lone striker system (which I hate TBH) he had better get in a striker who can play this role properly. Absolutely nobody in the current squad can.
      I think that's his biggest issue, GM. He needs the right type of player to play alongside him and, as you say, he's just not going to get that with our current squad.

As for the system...

A good coach will find a system that suits his best players and half of our issue is that Butcher wants to play a system that we don't really have the personnel for. My old boys brothers came along yesterday for the first time in over a decade, and spouted the usual pish people who don't actually watch football do: "MAIR FORWURDS OAN THE PARK, BUTCHER!".

One up front isn't inherently negative, you just need a midfield that's not ours in order to make it work, and a striker we don't have to pull the strings going forward.

Baby Radge
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      vCash
      Quote Originally Posted by Zellviren View Post
      I just want to preface this by saying that Hibs played well yesterday... Very well. The fact they didn't get all three points was an injustice, it'd been a horrific result if we'd have walked away with nothing so good on the lads. We've been demanding effort from them and, yesterday, we got it.

About bloody time.

I'm not sure about blaming Williams for the goal, I'm really not. The old boy is convinced he was at fault, I'm not so sure - when it ballooned off the striker, it could have went anywhere. I thought Maybury and Stevenson played well enough at full back, and even got forward at times to some effect, but surely this is Maybury's last season; get him into to coaching set up and replace him on the park.

Mixed bag at centre half for me. The best contribution from Michael Nelson was to get sent off and, thus, suspended. Another poor performance, invariably punctuated with his cannons forward where he just puts his foot through the ball the way he's facing. Crap. That said, I thought Ryan McGivern was our man of the match - he had a few misplaced passes, but he looked composed throughout, won every ball in the air and used the ball intelligently. He was excellent.

I sincerely hope that's not the last time we see Kevin Thomson. I thought him and Scott Robertson ran the game in the middle of the park, with one doing the heavy lifting and the other reading the game and using the ball well. It's a shame we've found our best combination so late, but that's life I suppose. I didn't think Alex Harris played particularly well, but Liam Craig probably had his best game for us in a while. His distribution is still off, but he worked pretty hard and looked to be more incisive than previously. In a winning team, playing with a bit of confidence, maybe (just maybe) he's the player we thought we were getting all along.

Good lad, Sammy Stanton - that goal could be absolutely vital in keeping us up. That said, I thought it was an otherwise anonymous performance from the lad and he'll need to do better in the future. As for Jason Cummings, the boy really needs a strike partner; he worked hard, tried to influence the game, but spent much of his time crowded out, shifted into pointless positions or trying to create something from nothing.

As for the subs, James Collins simply isn't the answer up front and neither is Danny Handling. I still wouldn't hate to see Handling given a relatively decent run in the team but, like Cummings, is going to need the right type of partner if he plays up front and I'm not convinced we have that at the club. Duncan Watmore came on and showed a few flashes too, to the extent where I'd start him against Ross County in place of Alex Harris.

Calm down, Bamberino. The laddie might just about be good enough for us, but he's yet to actually prove that this is his level and is extremely unlikely to ever be international material.

I think that's his biggest issue, GM. He needs the right type of player to play alongside him and, as you say, he's just not going to get that with our current squad.

As for the system...

A good coach will find a system that suits his best players and half of our issue is that Butcher wants to play a system that we don't really have the personnel for. My old boys brothers came along yesterday for the first time in over a decade, and spouted the usual pish people who don't actually watch football do: "MAIR FORWURDS OAN THE PARK, BUTCHER!".

One up front isn't inherently negative, you just need a midfield that's not ours in order to make it work, and a striker we don't have to pull the strings going forward.
      Well he did have a point though, once we got more forwards 'OAN THE PARK' we played better football and actually scored and Cummings will come good he just needs better support from either the midfield or another strike partner. Looks likely to score soon though

Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge

This user has no status.

I am:
      Awesome

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      21 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      vCash
      Quote Originally Posted by Zellviren View Post

About bloody time.

As for the system...

You said - Liam Craig probably had his best game for us in a while. His distribution is still off, but he worked pretty hard and looked to be more incisive than previously. In a winning team, playing with a bit of confidence, maybe (just maybe) he's the player we thought we were getting all along

I say - In that case get shot of him as we dont need any fancy dan players who cant play when the chips are down. It's all very well turning in performances when the team are doing well but if you go hiding when the team are doing badly then you are no good to Hibs.
      They're gone, not here, forgotten
      The maroon brigade now cry
      The city is now Hibernian
      The team that would not die

[ Daddy O'Hibee]

Donator

is Enjoying ma new pad

I am:
      Happy

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      16 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      vCash
      Quote Originally Posted by Dub View Post
      You said - Liam Craig probably had his best game for us in a while. His distribution is still off, but he worked pretty hard and looked to be more incisive than previously. In a winning team, playing with a bit of confidence, maybe (just maybe) he's the player we thought we were getting all along

I say - In that case get shot of him as we dont need any fancy dan players who cant play when the chips are down. It's all very well turning in performances when the team are doing well but if you go hiding when the team are doing badly then you are no good to Hibs.
      Good point well made Dubbles. BUT I would like to see if he can come good next season tbh. Shown in glimpse's he is a player for me, and we cannae afford to replace all the bad apples imo
      It is better to be hated for what you are, than to be loved for what you are not

Donator

is having a bevvy...

I am:
      Amused

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      4 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      vCash
      Quote Originally Posted by MixuDave View Post
      we cannae afford to replace all the bad apples imo
      Can we afford not to.....
      But you are probably right, but can we lose 90% of them👹
      GGTTH

Radge Donator
      is sore from Insanity workouts.

I am:
      Cool

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      2 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      vCash
      I take your point, but let's be realistic; a player is going to look far better in a decent team than in one that's scared to death of losing, which is where we are. Alex Harris is maybe a better example of what I mean - a talented lad who, in this team, has looked awful in a number of games since his return because he and the team are shorn of their self assurance.

A different team, a different season, and a different set of circumstances may just see Craig turn into the player we thought we'd signed in the first place.

Justified Radge

is trying to piss straight

I am:
      Happy

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      9 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      vCash

I agree with you wholeheartedly, Dub.

However, unless we can show every kant the door, which we all know isnae gonna happen, then Liam would not be top of my list for the exit.
      Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'...

GoGO Back To Forum